Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he has absolutely no recollection of how rude he was to her the day before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay let me get this straight from Hammerhand's perspective.

Hammerhand: I gotta buzz Pet.... Spider-Man on the wat.... beeper that I got him. It's actually a radio, possibly a two-way one, that isn't established just yet, but I never told Spider-Man that. Anyway, I'll just push the button that makes it buzz.
pours a coffee, drinks it, relishes the taste, skims the newspaper headlines and winces when he sees his plot has already been foiled by the Bugle publishing a story on Spidey being a criminal anyway
Hammerhand: Okay that's enough time for Spider-Man to have gotten into a private place after hearing the buzz, now is the time to start openly confessing to criminal conspiracy over an open radio device!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just feel like hammerhand and spider-man are dumber than is normal for NSM, which is really saying something

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Smooth. So smooth.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Doc Ock just chillin’ on the couch, thinkin’ about revenge.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Murdstone posted:

Doc Ock just chillin’ on the couch, thinkin’ about revenge.

It looks like he's on a train or bus, so he's just chilling there on the seat with his tentacles and all. No one minds him.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Hmm these new Amtrak seats are quite accommodating of my tentacles, not bad at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Saoshyant posted:

It looks like he's on a train or bus, so he's just chilling there on the seat with his tentacles and all. No one minds him.

He repaid his debt to society so everyone's happy to let him integrate back into the community with no stigma whatsoever.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah I thought he was watching a TV and didn't even notice the guy behind him.

gently caress off, Matt Murdock.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I mean, you are a criminal. For many reasons. But most recently, you smashed the lock and broke into the fake charity office.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wonder how far he'll get into the robbery. Like, it'd be insane but I could see him committing it entirely with like one asterisk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that dude who wanted to buy the computers.... Donald Trump....?

"My good friend Jeffrey needs them for something...."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so that didn't go as Peter planned. After that there's mostly moping and ATM theft, but here's the good moping.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"And while you do it I want you to keep repeating 'Spider-Man is a doody-head!' And I better be able to hear it too, or else!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"And another thing, I want you to stop constantly mentioning that I have an incriminating photo of you. I realize this is no fun for you, but you're starting to make me feel bad about it and I don't like it."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
How did Peter even know to show up at the Electronics Warehouse, anyway? Hammerhand's only mentioned it after Pete lost the wrist-communicator.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
"We could have just brought like a ladder or something, but y'know, too easy."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hammerhand: ...yeah he's in *pulls up apple watch* ok, spiderman, now we need you to disable the security system. Crawl through the ceiling until you see a small, green office room. ....spiderman? I know you can hear us, Spiderman! Answer us! The robbery is planned to the last detail! You'll trip the alarm man come on!!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

There where like, two occasions he could have just belted him on the back of the head and ended this right now.

davidspackage posted:

"And another thing, I want you to stop constantly mentioning that I have an incriminating photo of you. I realize this is no fun for you, but you're starting to make me feel bad about it and I don't like it."

He repeats it so much, it feels like the comic is desperately trying to convince us it's not the dumbest thing in the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Hammerhand: ...yeah he's in *pulls up apple watch* ok, spiderman, now we need you to disable the security system. Crawl through the ceiling until you see a small, green office room. ....spiderman? I know you can hear us, Spiderman! Answer us! The robbery is planned to the last detail! You'll trip the alarm man come on!!

Meanwhile, because MJ is ride or die, she's successfully executing a series of crimes for Hammerhand to cover for Peter.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's good that he used that phrasing. it sounds better than "i'm here to rail a mostly-dead elderly woman".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Peter's having trouble taking the hint

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It sucks they aren't crediting who's doing the art on that one, because it's rather good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

It sucks they aren't crediting who's doing the art on that one, because it's rather good.

For a 3 panel strip, the paneling is super thoughtful, too. MJ is framed between Peter, but it starts with her facing him, turning away and essentially walking away. In two Peter drawings you can feel the space between them grow immensely, from an upperbody shot to the camera nearly passing him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Took me a sec to understand that the Brand is called Advanced Technologies.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

"Sorry Peter, I'm "late for my bingo game" :pervert:"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"i love you too much, you freak of nature piece of poo poo"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Why can't you be one of the respectable, hot superheroes, like Thor or Captain America?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Superheroes aren't morons."

Can't believe he would want to start their marriage with a lie like that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Hm, someone sprayed me with some kind of sticky web-like material. I would go to the press with this if only I knew who it was!"

Also, the current run is coming up on the end of the strip again. Sure would be nice if they jumped into their deeper archives for reruns.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Peter why don't you just

web him up or something

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Obligatory

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 25, 2023

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Sunday artist actually remembered the communicator watch, too bad no one filled them in on the past week's strips.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I hope this arc just keeps escalating and Spidey eventually ends up threatening New York with an army of stolen nuclear-powered battle robots or something, while going 'boy, sure hope Hammerhand doesn't leak that contextless photo of me standing in an empty office, or I'd be accused of the thing the papers are already accusing me of doing'

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

"Hm, someone sprayed me with some kind of sticky web-like material. I would go to the press with this if only I knew who it was!"

Also, the current run is coming up on the end of the strip again. Sure would be nice if they jumped into their deeper archives for reruns.

This arc is a complete loving mess, it's wonderful

If only Magneto were there...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

"And I know just what to do with it!" *clenches giant metal hand*
*crunch*