Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Taco Bell being ranked by multiple posters in a class somewhere above Fermented Dogshit Tier, what on earth

that poo poo hasn't been even remotely foodlike since they discontinued the 1990's Gordita chilito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The first time I ate Taco Bell, I lost a tooth in the middle of a chalupa and didn't realize it until I bit into said tooth (I was a kid so a lost tooth was nbd). Forever ruined the franchise for me.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The more I think about this the more the whole thing seems like a bad publicity stunt. Like I just logged onto Twitter to check something and the bird logo is already back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Taco Bell is good as heck

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Air Skwirl posted:

Most fast food is also made to order.

Dick's Drive In, in Seattle (which is excellent and has better burgers than anything else anyone has mentioned) is not made to order, they just continuilly make like 4 different types of burgers and hand them out to whoever orders them.

I guess I should say cooked to order then? When you order a quarter pounder at mcdonalds, the burger is already cooked unless there is a backup like what happens with fries a lot. At Five Guys the burger starts cooking when you order it. Everything st fast food is cooked, its just assembled when you order. Most fast cssual doesn't have the meat pre-cooked.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

I guess I should say cooked to order then? When you order a quarter pounder at mcdonalds, the burger is already cooked unless there is a backup like what happens with fries a lot. At Five Guys the burger starts cooking when you order it. Everything st fast food is cooked, its just assembled when you order. Most fast cssual doesn't have the meat pre-cooked.

Isn’t chipotle fast casual?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Taco Bell is good as heck

Meet me in uuuuh…. Yucca Valley?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a sexual elk posted:

Meet me in uuuuh…. Yucca Valley?

At this time of the year???

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn’t chipotle fast casual?

Maybe, like I said these aren't hard and fast rules, just a general delineation.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A/C is out, my guy will be here at lunch tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s a cheap fix like a capacitor instead of a compressor. Pan under the A/C unit in the attic is dry and the outside fan is on, but it’s nowhere near as loud as usual and is blowing hot air.

I gotta call Sears.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shinji2015 posted:

The more I think about this the more the whole thing seems like a bad publicity stunt. Like I just logged onto Twitter to check something and the bird logo is already back

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1683602483900235777

it gets better

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
X gonna give it ya

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Please tell me Microsoft acquired X for finance/e-commerce because Elon tried to use it originally lol

e:
vvv that's what I was referring to - that they grabbed the trademark when he first tried to use it.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 25, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Please tell me Microsoft acquired X for finance/e-commerce because Elon tried to use it originally lol

PayPal was originally going to be X or something apparently and Microsoft were notorious for it. So probably.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Chilito was top class. 4 crunchy tacos, 1 bean burrito, a tostada, and a chilito was my go-to on the days in college I only had $3 to eat, later on when the Gordita came about everyone in my friend group at college was eating there and ordering 3x of them twice a day.

Taco Bell had a promotion for that Matthew Broderick movie where you could win $1 million if you spelled "GODZILLA" using tear-off letter pieces that you'd get from ordering the combo meals on the Gordita, since everyone I knew was eating them anyway we pooled our letters. Two of my more credible stoner friends swore up and down they'd gotten a Z while on a trip to get high somewhere, and we spent a full day tearing their house and cars apart, including them going through like 8 bags of household trash spread out on the kitchen floor.

We never found that Z, Taco Bell refused to award a prize for "GODWILLA"

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Do the Taco Bell haters also happen to have thoughts on chain pizza places over local

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dominos is how I imagine a slice of pizza to look like.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I kinda feel like theres very few actual fast food places. Regional stuff like Whataburger doesn't count, they're fast casual or something. It's gotta be truly national. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, KFC, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, Domino's (even though pizza is a different animal), Chik Fil A, Dunkin Donuts. Probably some more. It's impossible to have a convo about it if you include like, Del Taco which I don't think exists in 80% of the country

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 25, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

I kinda feel like theres very few actual fast food places. Regional stuff like Whataburger doesn't count, they're fast casual or something. It's gotta be truly national. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, KFC, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, Domino's (even though pizza is a different animal), Chik Fil A, Dunkin Donuts. Probably some more. It's impossible to have a convo about it if you include like, Del Taco which I don't think exists in 80% of the country

being from the northeast means whenever people talk about fast food places ive never heard of 80% of the poo poo they bring up.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Alaois posted:

being from the northeast means whenever people talk about fast food places ive never heard of 80% of the poo poo they bring up.

Yeah that's def where I'm coming from. Spent my time mostly between NY and Boston. I've heard of In-n-out and whataburger and a whole bunch of others but have never encountered them

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was just happily reminded that my city has a Jollibee under construction that will open next month.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dominos is how I imagine a slice of pizza to look like.

I'm not going to hate on anyone ordering Dominos, I order it quite a bit myself, but this is loving depressing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BrownThunder posted:

Do the Taco Bell haters also happen to have thoughts on chain pizza places over local

Bad in most cases, but sometimes you just need a quick and lousy $20 pizza, which is why Dominos exists. I'm lucky to have 3 of LA's better local pizza joints in a half mile radius from home so those tend to usually hit my rotation, but sometimes you just want some quickass comfort food and a Jalapeno & Pepperoni Dominos is not a bad thing. I grew up eating 70's and 80's Pizza Hut, and we had Pizza Hut pan pizza as an option in high school at lunch, so against my better judgement every 2-3 years I attempt to recreate the magic of those days with a Thin N Crispy after getting tricked by one of their ads during football or something, and it's always a sad disappointment.

And gently caress racist Papa John on principal. Little Caesars is tasty for the first 37 seconds it's out of the oven and then exponentially degrades faster than science can measure. Marco's is hit or miss. Casey's is big mediocre but it satisfies some itch for the rural folk who relied on getting pizza from a gas station so, whatever.

This is #2 best in my local top three - spicy sausage, soppressata, shiitake mushrooms, crispy button mushrooms, and fresh basil. The pie is allegedly "Pittsburgh style".

Chain Exceptions that are almost always still good to very good: Happy Joe's, usually Rocky Rococo's, sometimes Godfather's (if you can even find those any more).

And of course making your own is almost always way better (San Marzano tomatoes), but it requires getting your dough trial & errored to perfection usually.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If you’re paying $20 for dominos, I hope you got more than one pizza.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dango Bango posted:

e:
vvv that's what I was referring to - that they grabbed the trademark when he first tried to use it.

Microsoft got trademarks for X for almost anything even tangentially xbox related. They also have a trademark for video game related social media.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy hell 5-20b in brand value?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-24/twitter-turning-into-x-is-set-to-kill-billions-in-brand-value

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn't think twitter even was worth $20 billion before Musk's latest dipshit idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't like him like...well I don't think anyone really does. Even his stans are holding on by strings now. But I have to admit 'I'm rich enough to burn this to the ground and make sure no one gets away with making fun of me' is one sort of a power play.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
If Musk had any sort of foresight, he could have softened the damage months ago by calling Twitter Blue like Twitter X or something while gradually introducing the transition to just X, but nope, as usual he picked the dumbest way possible.

If this is truly a sincere rebrand, it feels like he's salting the earth of Twitter if he ever sells it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

If Musk had any sort of foresight, he could have softened the damage months ago by calling Twitter Blue like Twitter X or something while gradually introducing the transition to just X, but nope, as usual he picked the dumbest way possible.

If this is truly a sincere rebrand, it feels like he's salting the earth of Twitter if he ever sells it

Foresight? With his drug use?

He’s lucky if he remembers to put on his briefs before his moon boots.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How do you even pronounce Xeet

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh I have a bluesky invite for whoever wants it in here:

bsky-social-yadvm-da67f

I can't say it's better, people go insane about dumb things every damned day, but it's a little different. They don't do inline gifs and videos at least so far which kinda sucks for us sports people.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Throwing away the most recognizable brand in the history of the internet whose interactions and actions have worked their way into the daily lexicon of millions of people. I am a smart businessman.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The thing I’ve noticed with bluesky is it’s really just the internet leftists eating themselves about something on a daily basis while congratulating themselves for being inclusive

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

for once I'm glad fast food chat has continued, because holy poo poo the variety of stuff I "need to get" next time I'm in the States is long and growing longer.

Taco Bell exists in Japan and its locations for the wider public are hilarious because they've tried to make it upscale, and it's much more expensive than the equivalent would be in the U.S. (I think there are also T-Bells on some of the U.S. military bases here, which adhere closer to the spirit of the American equivalents, but lol like I can just get onto a base anytime, not that any are super close).

McDonald's having some different items in Japan is also probably pretty well documented, the good item that was seasonal but got made permanent is the Samurai Mac - two patties with cheese, onions, roasted soy sauce on top. Fantastic. I think kiimo said "sometimes you just need a specific flavor of garbage," and that is why I sometimes grab McD's.

Domino's here is the one edible chain pizza, the other national domestic chain (Pizza-La) has a ton of...local toppings, and Pizza Hut has echoed them. You used to also get :tenbux: off from delivery just by using a specific coupon code, and ordering some medium pizzas and sides to spend a Monday night after work watching WWE PPVs with my buddy was a very 2016 memory for me.

Shake Shack started and spread here in the big cities and is definitely good, I haven't had it in the U.S. before but it's definitely good here. Wendy's only really exists here as a partnership with another local chain, so they aren't spread out too far. Carl's Jr. had a few locations in Tokyo, and were almost exactly the same level of quality as the U.S., so was a favorite for a while when I needed that particular flavor (plus they had Dr. Pepper on tap, which is not common at all here). Think I'm going to have to make a trek to the nearest one again. Not super shocking that one of their few locations is near the US Navy base in the Tokyo area.

There's lots of local chains for various stuff, of course. The biggest battle seems to be which convenience store chain you prefer, I lean toward 7-11 because they are closest to where I live. Lawson is also good.

No Butt Stuff posted:

The thing I’ve noticed with bluesky is it’s really just the internet leftists eating themselves about something on a daily basis while congratulating themselves for being inclusive

I'm not seeing that a lot, honestly, but I have found many of the shitposters I grew fond of.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fast food pizza is not a thing I do anymore.

Like, when I was in college and was poor as poo poo, those 5$ gut bombs made sense.

But I have money now and the delta between it and decent pizza has shrunk considerably. I’m just not going to do that to myself anymore outside of like a kid’s birthday party.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Amy Pole Her posted:

How do you even pronounce Xeet

It's pronounced "xeet"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Fast food pizza is not a thing I do anymore.

Like, when I was in college and was poor as poo poo, those 5$ gut bombs made sense.

But I have money now and the delta between it and decent pizza has shrunk considerably. I’m just not going to do that to myself anymore outside of like a kid’s birthday party.

During the pandemic shut down, a Chuck E Cheese near me rebranded itself as like Dominic’s Family Pizzeria or something on the delivery apps and made a killing.

People paying 25 bucks a pop for Chuck E. Cheese lmao

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

harperdc posted:

I'm not seeing that a lot, honestly, but I have found many of the shitposters I grew fond of.

Things I have seen people show their whole rear end about on Bluesky so far:

-dril is canceled because he blocked all blue checks, even sex workers
-shilling an NFT scam is OK if you are marginalized
-the “giving your neighbors chili is incestuous/ableist” thing gets re-litigated a lot (though this one is probably because I follow the OP of that saga)

That being said, if you get past all of that there is also some good OG Twitter posting there.

Here’s a code if anyone wants it as long as they promise not to show their whole rear end too (or at least be funny about it): bsky-social-w2dst-n4vjr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dumbasses posting like dumbasses exists everywhere including in this very home.