Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't imagine jumping through all those hoops to get a good game. doing so to possibly get one of a limited supply of keys to a heavily dated $10 game that doesn't have an ending is utterly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you start out at level 1 and have to grind some stupid daily missions to level up in order to be able to collect this

not for all the free games in the world

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

apparently there are places called "jobs" that will give you little green vouchers that you can redeem for video games (and maybe other stuff?) but I will be god damned if I'm jumping through those kind of hoops.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

apparently there are places called "jobs" that will give you little green vouchers that you can redeem for video games (and maybe other stuff?) but I will be god damned if I'm jumping through those kind of hoops.

Anyone peddling that poo poo can get the gently caress outta here

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Blurb3947 posted:

Anyone peddling that poo poo can get the gently caress outta here

Indeed. I tried 'jobbing' once... not proud of it. Ruined my body, ruined my mental health, gave me suicidal urges and murderous rage towards something called 'shareholders'. Apparently they make the stuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

One weird trick I learned from a coworker is you tell the government you're bartering and trading your time for their money and it's tax free. Ez pz

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Murder by Numbers and ESO are live on Epic. Next week is Homeworld Remastered and Severed Steel.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Here Come Niko! Key Steam Key:
?Z?Q4-N3H4B-IT2R7

The question marks are the number of letters in Steam.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

JazzFlight posted:

EDIT: ah, found a news story about that:

I think I chose Phantom Dust and Psychonauts.

Ah the irony with Phantom Dust now being free anyway

Flair fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 21, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1682451128825331712?s=20

For the cost of a single email address.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'd rather have SEGA rear end Fisting.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You're thinking of Boong-Ga Boong-Ga and it wasn't SEGA who made it :v:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

is that an observation or an order?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Today's fish is Trout a la creme. Enjoy your meal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The General posted:

You're thinking of Boong-Ga Boong-Ga and it wasn't SEGA who made it :v:

This made me remember Ooga booga on the Dreamcast which was a fun little party game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

drat I hope this is still available tomorrow

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ilmucche posted:

drat I hope this is still available tomorrow

You got until the end of this month

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Flair posted:

You got until the end of this month

I actually signed up for this, but codes don't go out until 1 August. I used my old e-mail account from the 90s that gets ridiculous amounts of spam regardless - one more won't hurt. I used to enjoy the game Black Bass on the NES, so I genuinely wanted this. It's free and unlimited, so why not?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

JustJeff88 posted:

I actually signed up for this, but codes don't go out until 1 August. I used my old e-mail account from the 90s that gets ridiculous amounts of spam regardless - one more won't hurt. I used to enjoy the game Black Bass on the NES, so I genuinely wanted this. It's free and unlimited, so why not?

Sega Bass Fishing is an excellent fishing game that's weird in delightful little ways.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

thuly posted:

Sega Bass Fishing is an excellent fishing game that's weird in delightful little ways.

More to look forward to, then!

chird
Sep 26, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/249050/Dungeon_of_the_ENDLESS/

Free to keep, limited time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Has been given away before because I already have it. I don't think I would have bought it.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Suburban Dad posted:

Has been given away before because I already have it. I don't think I would have bought it.

It's been in a few bundles before, but I don't know if I've seen it for free.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
isthereanydeal says that from Jan 16-23, 2020, it was $0.00 on Steam, but I'm coming up empty with any mention of it elsewhere (including this thread).

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
It was given away free about 6 months ago but you had to sign up for an account and give your personal private e-mail address so it wasn't fit for posting here.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
It's also good as heck, so if you don't have it yet you should grab it.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

JammyB posted:

It was given away free about 6 months ago but you had to sign up for an account and give your personal private e-mail address so it wasn't fit for posting here.

Then why are free games from Steam/Amazon/GOG/Epic posted here?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MikusR posted:

Then why are free games from Steam/Amazon/GOG/Epic posted here?

It's an old in-thread joke. That deal was posted here at the time. Not common these days, but a couple of years back, any time a free game popped up here that required providing an email address someone would come in and mention how it wasn't really free but an exchange for a good since it did require revealing your email address. And then they quoted the whole John Galt speech. Every single time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waltzing Along posted:

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

Dremcon
Sep 25, 2007
No, not a convention.
Was it really years ago? Maybe because someone has to bring it up every week but it seems like it wasn’t that long ago.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dremcon posted:

Was it really years ago? Maybe because someone has to bring it up every week but it seems like it wasn’t that long ago.

If you click the name in the above quote to go back to the post, it was posted in 2020, so yeah, it's been years.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Wytchwood is the latest free Prime game:

link

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
prime games arent free games because you have to pay for prime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They do give out the free month trials somewhat regularly though. I'm on one right now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dremcon posted:

This thread is the reason time is a flat circle.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Only 8 more days until I dont have to see that Homeless Dwarf staring at me every time I look at the Prime Gaming page.
Taunting me to help him rebuild his village by matching 3 or more gems.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

OgNar posted:

Only 8 more days until I dont have to see that Homeless Dwarf staring at me every time I look at the Prime Gaming page.
Taunting me to help him rebuild his village by matching 3 or more gems.

Come play, m'lord.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gromit posted:

Today's fish is Trout a la creme. Enjoy your meal.
I wiiiilllllllllll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Waffleman_ posted:

They do give out the free month trials somewhat regularly though. I'm on one right now.

Yeah free prime trial on prime day lol

Dungeons of the endless seems like it'll be pretty hard. I've started a third run and I think stacking industry is the way to go? One of the characters I found can boost my production of a resource which is very helpful.

There's a tricky interplay between building industry generators and how many more turns you think you'll be on a floor, and then how many resources is it worth spending to build turrets and stuff. Trying to figure out who should go where, when is tough. Neat game!