Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Harsh but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I available there - and also one in Hawaii - that are 1/3rd

Hawaii has a fun labor history wherein after the horrific plague of smallpox killed off much the native labor, the plantation owners deliberately brought in Asian labor from different countries to prevent them from acting in solidarity. what happened instead was they intermarried and acted together in solidarity across racial lines.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have an hmo and it’s pretty grand. I keep waiting for it to die . the last time I went in they told me they don’t have dermatologists anymore so maybe it is

40 years ago hmos were like second tier to ppos iirc

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hobbesmaster posted:

protip: work for a multinational. I work for a Canadian company and the HR team that helped with onboarding was in France.

I am on a “high deductible health plan” that has a max OOP less than than the deductible on my last company’s “normal” health plan

I’m just imagining a French person choosing US benefit tiers… “wow, $1500 after premiums? that’s ridiculous!”

I hope your multinational stays decent. Since I was hired mine's benefits have been slowly eroding. Like I used to have both a 401k and a pension, but last year they canceled the pension -something I didn't even know was possible for employees who already contributed. In the US if you haven't yet retired, they can indeed just move 'your share' of the pension fund to an IRA and give you that instead.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

have a picture, it's one of those memes you kids love, ha ha ha aren't brands so random but relatable?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The best way to sell your dating app to women is by saying it's full of obnoxious, pushy men that won't leave you alone.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

hobbesmaster posted:

protip: work for a multinational. I work for a Canadian company and the HR team that helped with onboarding was in France.

I am on a “high deductible health plan” that has a max OOP less than than the deductible on my last company’s “normal” health plan

I’m just imagining a French person choosing US benefit tiers… “wow, $1500 after premiums? that’s ridiculous!”
Ironically my company has it's hq in spain, I dunno maybe their healthcare sucks too or maybe most of the first world has figured out you can exploit blue collar labor in the US.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

that’s a really gross ad wtf

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah at least loving go with one of the moments where they're smiley and happy, or frame bumble as a tool that's helping barbie self actualize or some poo poo/highlight that it's specifically the app where women have more control.

This is framing bumble and dating itself as a distraction and annoyance.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PoundSand posted:

Ironically my company has it's hq in spain, I dunno maybe their healthcare sucks too or maybe most of the first world has figured out you can exploit blue collar labor in the US.

I think it has to do with relative size of the operations. a lot of international companies have US presences that could be independent including all support like full legal, HR and IT departments with high level decision makers in the US.

Coolness Averted posted:

I hope your multinational stays decent. Since I was hired mine's benefits have been slowly eroding. Like I used to have both a 401k and a pension, but last year they canceled the pension -something I didn't even know was possible for employees who already contributed. In the US if you haven't yet retired, they can indeed just move 'your share' of the pension fund to an IRA and give you that instead.

fingers crossed…

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

have a picture, it's one of those memes you kids love, ha ha ha aren't brands so random but relatable?

this is feminism now

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Feminism as a Service

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin
barbie is the greatest advertising opportunity of the last decade. just put some screenshot or make the image pink no one gives a gently caress. it drives engagement

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin
barbie taught girls that they could be a high powered scientist and still be hot af and get a boy toy to pay for dinner

there is nothing to subvert about barbie it's already been perfect since 1959. its maximalist feminist. prison barbie has pink stripes. it's like african americans taking back the n word. she is sublimely female

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
wtf

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Big Bad Idiot posted:

barbie taught girls that they could be a high powered scientist and still be hot af and get a boy toy to pay for dinner

there is nothing to subvert about barbie it's already been perfect since 1959. its maximalist feminist. prison barbie has pink stripes. it's like african americans taking back the n word. she is sublimely female

been saying this

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I don't know, my Danish company specifically outsourced to Ukraine to avoid paying market rates. I imagine most multinationals that have employees in the USA think the same way: pay the suckers over there whatever the market wage is over there, including various peripherals. Maybe go a bit above market to get better talent and keep employees, but that's just standard business practice.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proust Malone posted:

Hawaii has a fun labor history wherein after the horrific plague of smallpox killed off much the native labor, the plantation owners deliberately brought in Asian labor from different countries to prevent them from acting in solidarity. what happened instead was they intermarried and acted together in solidarity across racial lines.

This story ends a lot funner than I'd have guessed given how it starts

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I begin to think some people in the thread have long capitalism that impacts their mental capacity.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I begin to think some people in the thread have long capitalism that impacts their mental capacity.

same but unironically

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This morning I was doing some vacuuming and slammed my toe into the bed frame, it’s because the bed is woke I call it the bud light of beds

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This morning I was doing some vacuuming and slammed my toe into the bed frame, it’s because the bed is woke I call it the bud light of beds

Frankly, my bed is the one thing I would not want to promote wokeness

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/swinshi/status/1683660935964114946

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Scott winning is an accident isn't it

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Any time someone busts out the sarcastic "if good thing is so good then why stop there?" take I assume they're in on the joke because I've never seen it play out in their favor.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jesus, if we’re going to make kids lunch secure why not just make them entirely FOOD secure? And while we’re at it, why not ensure housing??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

>Beatles fanatic

Lmao.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

A long and whining chode

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/swinshi/status/1683684626001264640?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

those in need: NGO I found to help navigate the new means tests

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Paladinus posted:

>Beatles fanatic

Lmao.

Only ever listened to Taxman but strongly dug the message

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Jesus, if we’re going to make kids lunch secure why not just make them entirely FOOD secure? And while we’re at it, why not ensure housing??

Why don't we just give unemployed people jobs building free houses for the homeless while we're at it, absolute madness

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Humans are well known for only sometimes needing food and shelter

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also is twitter's dumbass rebrand new or have I just missed it until now, because lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Also is twitter's dumbass rebrand new or have I just missed it until now, because lmao

musk said he was going to do it on Friday and then actually did it Sunday

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
hey if we can't exploit poor kids then who's gonna pay for those squeaky clean zelensky's CIA accounts in thee ukraine

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

quote:

Scott Winship is a senior fellow and the director of the Center on Opportunity and Social Mobility at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), where he researches social mobility and the causes and effects of poverty.

you sniveling little tapioca pudding of a man. you loving walking case for super late-term abortion

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Professor Shark posted:

If we're going to do that why not just create a functional and humane country taking care of all its citizens? Utterly preposterous.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
capitalism kicks rear end! i love capitalism hell yeh!!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

capitalism kicks rear end! i love capitalism hell yeh!!

Chain probe this worthless gently caress for saying such heinous things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Capitalism does kick rear end, both in metaphorical and literal ways. Also in good ways I guess if you're doing the kicking and also are a terrible person