Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cult of Pies posted:

Latest Poipl Jr stream from nL is fantastic.

Poipl Sr offering to tag with his son only to reveal he's dead and this is a dream. What an amazing game.

The entire hospital injury arc in part 1 may be some of the funniest stuff the NL crew has ever streamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

super macho dude posted:

The entire hospital injury arc in part 1 may be some of the funniest stuff the NL crew has ever streamed

For me it’s that, it’s Arthur Jackson, and it’s the destroy New Japan via battle royals/eliminated from death in WR3D.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think about

NAILZ NAILZ NAILZ
NAILZ NANAILZ NANAILZ

about once a week

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Poipl's best friend Big Poppa Pump always standing too close for safety sake, ready to brain someone with a metal grate.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why both of the "what if Superman, but evil?" characters

Wait until you hear about how many ninjas are in the game.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ninjas are cool and MK could use even more of them

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
killer robots, too

ninjas and killer robots = good

evil supermen = lame

what MK should have added was more dinosaurs

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

killer robots, too

evil supermen = lame

:hmmyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

killer robots, too

evil supermen = lame

You want Killer Instinct. Or maybe Primal Rage. Anyone remember Primal Rage?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should bring back bloody roar

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

killer robots, too

evil supermen = lame

I agree, they should confirm Reptile.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Diablo and Sauron would have been way cooler picks.

Chaos has that fart attack but he's a giant ape, not a dinosaur. But giant apes are also cool and MK should add one

Hey wait a second, if they can add Peacemaker can't they add Gorilla Grod or one of those other apes from the covers of 60s comics

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

History Comes Inside! posted:

They should bring back bloody roar

kenny omega turning into a motherfuckin leopard :hmmyes:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gaz-L posted:

Primal Rage is such a weird game because it came so close to being a franchise, then got cut off at the knees. They put in all this effort to create a game that had only seven characters via five character models. Then they prepared to release a new version with a final boss, who was a reanimated dinosaur skeleton. But then they decided to save that character for the sequel, which was going to focus on human avatars of the gods, also made in stop-motion. The game was nearly complete, but then it was cancelled.

Meanwhile, there was a decent comic miniseries, action figures, a board game, and a novel. I really wish I could get my hands on the novel, but anytime I look it up online, it's always in the triple digits.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked the one that seemed like it just had a real dinosaur name when everyone else was blizzard or diablo. but really it probably wasn't a real name at all. i don't remember details. that's for you. it's time to gavok to rank the primal rage characters from 7 to 1, on the nice gavok website that i remember what it is

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Diablo and Sauron would have been way cooler picks.

Chaos has that fart attack but he's a giant ape, not a dinosaur. But giant apes are also cool and MK should add one
Nah, it was all about Vertigo and her weird mind control stare that you could combo into and out of.

Hey wait a second, if they can add Peacemaker can't they add Gorilla Grod or one of those other apes from the covers of 60s comics
They already did Grodd for Injustice 2 so they have the model fand animations for him. They'd just need to update it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

I had Game Boy Primal Rage. It was not the best port, but I was a dumb rear end kid so it entertained me anyway because dinosaurs rule

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Any idea when will the Stadium Stampede update come out?

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I had no intention of playing online. My hands have issues and I'm a button masher a lot of the time when my hands are seized up. I'll fire it up on the switch and play some single player matches. I can't do complicated moves in any other fighting moves, but I also love MK and Injustice for their story mode.

I was playing as Danielson and just hitting some buttons with a general sense of what I was trying to do, and I was bouncing off the rope and cattle mutilator and other submissions. It feels like the wrestlers when I play any of them so far.

I wish it had the CAW and all others want so everyone else can have as much fun as I do. I wish there was more story stuff myself, but just planning my own show and having matches in a single player exhibition is terrific. Currently Danielson is the FTW, World, and TNT champ. I'm making my own fun. I'll play like 5 barded wire death matches in a row as Riho against like Miro or someone each match.

I had to play Combat on the Atari 2600 with my little brother and come up with battle stories. This is nothing compared to that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They absolutely nailed the actual gameplay part of the game there just needs to be more game

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

They absolutely nailed the actual gameplay part of the game there just needs to be more game

Yeah that's what's so frustrating. This might be the best wrestling game to actually play in a while, but the dearth of content and lack of crossplay might end up killing it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it feels like a case where getting the core stuff to work was such a challenge that everything else suffered a bit- it's worth it because the gameplay is great, but it's proof of how tricky making a wrestling game can be.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hope they get a second go at it. I don't think a few dlc packs will be able to turn this around but they're clearly on to something with how it plays. That stadium stampede thing is a big wildcard right now though. It looks.. ambitious.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'd be glad to be wrong, because I would like to see the game succeed, but I feel like Stadium Stampede is a bad allocation of resources. It's hard enough for battle royale games to work out period, asking people to play a battle royale game inside a wrestling game that is currently averaging barely one hundred players on Steam is a hell of a proposition for your dev time when you don't even have a functional create-a-wrestler.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If they're not angling for constant sequels, which all indications seem to say they're not, I wouldn't be surprised if we got complete re-downloads every couple years or so when they change how the game works and add more content to it. That's what Bungie did with Destiny 2. A few years back they completely overhauled the entire look to compress the game size, and later changed a ton of the gear mechanics and skill trees, and both times they just had people reinstall the entire game.

So the fact that the game itself is really solid is going to be a huge benefit once they start adding bigger features, because there's not much to fix with how it actually plays. I can see it being a sleeper hit that spikes in popularity and then levels off a bunch of times throughout its run.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
if they do plan on supporting it for at least a few years, it wouldn't be crazy for them to suddenly poo poo out a bunch of haircuts and RTE blocks every X months like it's an MMO (or a games-as-service thing, which the battle royale mode seems to point at)

edit: check out my spooky ring though

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 25, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I want an arcade mode. Just throw me up against random dudes until there's a boss that's a super powered Brodie Lee or Tall Paul or something.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I want an arcade mode. Just throw me up against random dudes until there's a boss that's a super powered Brodie Lee or Tall Paul or something.

Shao Tony Khan

edit: Biggest Biceps Tony

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 25, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they're expecting the "season passes" to pay for the continued addition of hair styles, t-shirts and elbow pads. it's a terrible idea that won't work for a new game that isn't a viral sensation ala battlebit.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

also they can add all the random CAW parts they want, and they should, but if they don't patch out the thing where every CAW has 0 stats until you grind them through story mode most of the fanbase isn't going to bother

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Shao Tony Khan

edit: Biggest Biceps Tony

Magazine Cover Tony.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I think I just need them to add new match types and wrestlers and I'm good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Any idea when will the Stadium Stampede update come out?

autum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

if they do plan on supporting it for at least a few years, it wouldn't be crazy for them to suddenly poo poo out a bunch of haircuts and RTE blocks every X months like it's an MMO (or a games-as-service thing, which the battle royale mode seems to point at)

edit: check out my spooky ring though

i dig it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I made a sting arena using all the weird sting stuff in CAA.

CarlCX posted:

also they can add all the random CAW parts they want, and they should, but if they don't patch out the thing where every CAW has 0 stats until you grind them through story mode most of the fanbase isn't going to bother

oh now there is too much game!!!!!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Re: Mortal Kombat as opposed to a new Injustice, Ed Boon mentioned the time gap between games (MK 11 to the new one) looked inevitable even before COVID because they wanted to update tech, including the game engine. They figured it would be easier to go to a next MK instead of a long gap to Injustice and then still have to do MK. So I don’t think it was canceled, just put out of order.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make the CAW stats unlockables that can be used across all CAWs and tie them to something else like completing challenges or something, so you can be that guy who grinds them all out or you can just do whatever you want but you’ll at least have something to put on a dude

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Much like EA, Tony's goal was to give each CAW a sense of pride and accomplishment by clearing the same three stories repeatedly. Or he wants to punish people for trying to step outside his perfect roster.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I don't know why I said I play on the Switch, it's the Steamdeck and PC. It runs perfectly and looks pretty good on the Deck.

I also like learning things on the road about local foods and attractions. I played the story as Eddie and it was disjointed feeling. Then I made a female caw for the story again. Hella Bulldog is coming for that rear end so best be running.

Is it possible to win multi person matches? I just get stomped to death in all of them. What's the trick besides get better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s the trick

Also have a signature move that doesn’t have a million year windup and works from a front grapple then just lay everyone out before you go for the pin

If you’re late enough in the RTE buy the special power up but it’s expensive and only lasts the one week so save it for the dumb finale 4 way ideally