Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao loving liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Hotarded

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

OhFunny posted:

I don't know why you insist on posting these nobodies' tweets here.

normally i'd agree but also i lol'd and gradenko almost always shows good judgment with the lol to nobody ratio

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

OhFunny posted:

they're funny, op

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

How much money has the us pissed down its leg in Ukraine?

$40 billion, btw.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cuttlefush posted:

Red-Brown-KGB-Libertarian alignment

glennsters

this seems high

Ten years in and we bone like we're cheating on each other WITH each other. A decade-plus and her red/brown/KGB-Libertarian-alignment still pOwns my dick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OhFunny posted:

she's a disinformation expert and has a PhD

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
if u weren't allowed to make fun of nobodies itt then we'd all have been banned a long time ago

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That's DR. Disinformation Expert to you

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

OhFunny posted:

very disrespectful to call Ukraine's Defence Minister a nobody

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1683834794868629504

ames saqr

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

she's a disinformation expert and has a PhD

she's an expert at spreading disinformation alright

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

KomradeX posted:

You know I can't explain why but something feels concerning about this

Seems like a blindingly obvious honeypot that will land people in jail for self-identifying as Russian speakers.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Orange Devil posted:

Lol so just reading in yesterdays paper that a Dutch entrepreneur owns the Malinese domain code .ml

Because of this he has received over the last 10 years what must be many millions of emails intended for .mil adresses, including many containing sensitive information, such as travel info of high ranking people, passportnumbers, details about arms production, passwords and tax returns.

Last wednesday alone he received over 1000 emails. Since starting to actively collect them in January this year he got 117.000.

He has informed US authorities of this multiple times, through a defense attache in Mali, a senior advisor of the US national cybersecurity service and through white house officials. All with no effect.

Monday July 24th his contract for the domain code expires and will revert to the Malinese government, which now has close ties to Russia.

Lmao

Wondering if the US plugged this massive leak in their military security yet.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Tbh there's a decent chance Ukraine winds up taking Bahkmut by the end of this offensive, which would be a huge PR victory for them but wouldn't really decisively alter their position in the war (beyond convincing NATO backers that this isn't a total sunk investment which tbf is pretty critical for their war effort)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/markamesexiled/status/1683806854864830465?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i would not be surprised that ukraine retook bakhmut given the piss poor russian performance and leadership in this whole thing. Progozin was right Soigu+putin REALLY arent serious or are too incompetent to win this war. A CIA plant in the kremlin wouldnt fail as spectacularly as those bozos are lol.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Seems like a blindingly obvious honeypot that will land people in jail for self-identifying as Russian speakers.

I think this is aimed at Ukrianian speakers to force Russians to learn

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VoicesCanBe posted:

Tbh there's a decent chance Ukraine winds up taking Bahkmut by the end of this offensive, which would be a huge PR victory for them but wouldn't really decisively alter their position in the war (beyond convincing NATO backers that this isn't a total sunk investment which tbf is pretty critical for their war effort)

Tankie copium.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BadOptics posted:

"part-occupied"

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

$40 billion, btw.

freedom isnt even worth one Twitter to the us

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i, for one, am absolutely convinced that the ukrainians are about to retake the city they couldn't hold back when they hadn't thrown their army at a brick wall for a month and a half straight

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Seems like ground based drones would really be useful for this kinda war. Can't fly anything because they're easy to shoot down so how about a huge swarm of thousands of autonomous snake drones each armed with a few kg of c4? Just slithering techno horrors creeping into enemy trenches and exploding en masse

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ooo, or an orb that propels itself by bladed feet on the exterior

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the UAF needs screamer bots disguised as human children

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

with the way things are going, turning war into a spectator sport seems the most likely path forward

so instead of uniforms with big hats and gold braid we'll have product placements. The army's name on the front and a lockheed martin logo on the back.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0OVHcIMh0

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Hatebag posted:

Ooo, or an orb that propels itself by bladed feet on the exterior

Settle down there Tall Man

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

You know I can't explain why but something feels concerning about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWHjNA_caY

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Antisocial people hate read twitter and then force it on other people.

Misery loves company.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

psychologists that don't agree with schools of thought that include things like "ideology" end up, unsurprisingly, batting for imperial hegemony

(among the reasons why peterson got tractored by zizek)

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

OhFunny posted:

it's funny to laugh at dumb people and this is a site that was founded on that principle. i don't get this objection

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Неофициальный Безсонов posted:

I would like to mention the 58th separate battalion of the special forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (the former 3rd SSP of the Armed Forces of the DPR). Now it is one of the most productive units of our army. After their appearance in the Artemovsk direction, the enemy's offensive potential began to decrease sharply, and the equipment was burning in columns.

@NeoficialniyBeZsonoV
(from t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/27896, via tgsa)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Vomik posted:

freedom isnt even worth one Twitter X to the us

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Эмилия Гонцул posted:

The oath. "I serve Russia and the Zaporozhye region."

Our protection. The People's Militia. Zaporozhye region.

With love, Emilia Gonzul 🇷🇺
(from t.me/emilygoncul/920, via tgsa)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A tankie is when the poster dislikes shooting things, and the more the poster dislikes shooting things, the tankier it is

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

A tankie is when the poster dislikes shooting things, and the more the poster dislikes shooting things, the tankier it is

are you serious?? i thought the tankie thread was for enjoyers of tanks, regardless of their shape size or heritage

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Chillgamesh posted:

being a tankie is just "not believing the manic pixie dream military" narrative now. I support ukraine just fine but supporting the US keeping them locked in a suicidal war they can't win seems a lot more like jingoism than anything else. glad the media is starting to be a little more realistic about things but there's still plenty of folks running on the momentum of the extremely strong media push started in february '22. offline, more and more regular folks I'm talking to are just tired of the carnage and tuning out of the slava-o-sphere of "content"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

which is to say it's gonna boil down to just the "emotional support snuff video" crowd who get off on the violence itself (while using their support of ukraine as a smokescreen) in the online discourse. should be great :thumbsup: