Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember, many years ago, being on a forum that filtered Shito-ryu karate into Nutso-ryu.

That's just what Johnny Cage practices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

x marks the g spot 🤣🤣🤣

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah, I'd look back on a manic episode and be super embarrassed, but I don't think Musk is capable of that kind of introspection.

When doesthat start happening in the thread? Wanna see those manic x's

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X is gonna leave you!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Can't wait to see them genuinely try and get any financial applications off the ground. Elon can't even be trusted to pay rent or bills for the company at the moment. And now he and whoever's left at this shell of a hell-site are supposed to go before regulators and say with a straight face, "Yes! We can safely handle people's money!"

Elon is eventually going to come down from whatever designer drug cocktail he's been on for the past few days, and then when he shows up at the HQ he's going to freak out about why everything is broken, all the logos defaced and replaced with some X bullshit. Then he's gonna fire some random employees as scapegoats, and that will be the end of X and all the associated "projects".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean I think the idea that Elon Musk has a humiliation fetish and can afford to make everyone participate in it is gaining weight.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ben shapino posted:

x marks the g spot 🤣🤣🤣

The x spot is a myth

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol nice

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lol gonna lose your sweet 1 char handle bud

Also if you search @x you get @twitter and have to scroll to the bottom to go directly to @x so they are already loving with it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They banned the Xvideos account and I assume are just going to take it for themselves

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I am also willing to part with my forums username for the right offer if the somethingawful.com administrators do a rebranding

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hope Elon does a "ha ha i got you all I can't believe you fell for that :elon:" and forces all the engineers to undo all the X poo poo once he realizes how hard/bad of an idea this is.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Have they even got encrypted DMs working yet?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Steadiman posted:

looking into it

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

no

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Steadiman posted:

DMs are a premium feature for premium people, and reading other people's DMs is an ultra-premium feature for ultra-premium people slash governments who need to find out who to dismember

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Sliding into your dXms to tell you I saw what you Xd and I ReXd it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I wonder if Musk is bored or sleeping off his bender because the push for the change over to X seems to have slowed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh lord, LeBron's kid went into cardiac arrest at practice yesterday, hope the owner of x.com doesn't xeet conspiracy theories about vaccines

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

E the Shaggy posted:

Today: "Comprehensive communications."
Literally yesterday: "You only get 5 DMs per day."

Hahaha, oh God, I completely missed this:

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1682501248334061572

Yes, that's exactly what people want. Being pushed to pay more for an increasingly shittier user experience. Also, love seeing XSupport and TwitterSupport literally on top of one another. Just a simply outstandingly smooth brand switch.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

repiv posted:

i hate to hand it to a .eth guy but this ones pretty good

https://twitter.com/amirHiroon/status/1683178492551200768

shame elon already committed to the laziest possible branding
People creating stuff like this, whilst impressive, miss the point entirely.

He doesn’t *want* X to be connected to the progenitor bird branding, so why the gently caress would he want a logo that invokes associations with it? He wants to clean slate the whole thing and finally realise his vision of creating an “X” company, even though he’s been told it’s poo poo before, and was even forced out of PayPal when he tried to force it on them.

This vision does not involve paying tribute or even calling to mind Twitter or any of its branding.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
We have always been at war with Twitasia.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Looking forward to the 2025-2026 born again Christian phase once Tesla collapses/a couple stints in rehab.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kazil posted:

oh lord, LeBron's kid went into cardiac arrest at practice yesterday, hope the owner of x.com doesn't xeet conspiracy theories about vaccines

Vaxxines

Lick Joe
Sep 30, 2000
Forum Veteran
[X] Buyer of Twitter.com after being legally compelled to do so

[✓] Founder of X.com

This, this is how they will remember me.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Vaccines are lethal. Tons of HGH, GLP-1, research chemicals, and Adderall, though, are very good, actually!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 25, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reminds me I really should get another covid booster.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. What kind of baby gets offended by the word "poo poo"? It's barely even a real curse word anymore. That's like getting offended by "drat".

CUSSES :nono:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Escape From Noise posted:

Vaccines are lethal. Tons of HGH, GLO-1, research chemicals, and Adderall, though, are very good, actually!

I've done my own research, and it turns out all the things I want to take are good, and all the things I don't want to take are bad! Lucky how that worked out for me!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

Every human being who is dead has consumed oxygen

Coincidence?

Makes you think

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

God's beard! Busted!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

Every human being who is dead has consumed oxygen

Coincidence?

Makes you think

Oxygen was made up by the deep state to cover up the phlogiston reality

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Thoughtless posted:

He means it's supposed to be like "hub" website where you can click one button to do your banking, one button to watch the newest movies, one button to book plane tickets, whatever. Everything in one app. It's not going to happen, of course.
So what he wants is what services like America Online and Prodigy provided before they were replaced by the World Wide Web? This?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

steinrokkan posted:

Oxygen was made up by the deep state to cover up the phlogiston reality

This reminds me that Breatharians exist.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Elon has backpedaled on some of his worst weekend bender ideas, while never admitting fault of course, but there is zero chance he'll walk back on this.

X the everything company has always been his biggest dream; he was the CEO of proto-paypal and the board fired him because he was absolutely adamant about having the worst branding ever, and twitter not only has no authority to stop him, he's also fired anyone with the sense to criticize him.

E: plus his whole credit-stealing habit, no one is going to unironically call him the founder of twitter, so the name needs to go

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 25, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This Is the Zodiac posted:

So what he wants is what services like America Online and Prodigy provided before they were replaced by the World Wide Web? This?

unironically miss this

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

This reminds me that Breatharians exist.

I love how one of the leaders of the movement got busted exiting a 7-11 with a haul of junk food and was like "Well, when you live in a garbage society you have to consume garbage in order to acclimate yourself!".

Lavatein
May 5, 2009

a7m2 posted:

I mean yeah, most people have heard of Tencent and Jack Ma.

Jack Ma is Alibaba.

Pony Ma is the Tencent CEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Remember the Musk/Ma AI debate?

loving lol that people watched that and took it seriously.