Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yikes, well time to cancel my Limbus Pass before SK incels blow up the building anyway

They clearly are, like, panicking over fascist incels with government support trying to break into their building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

If I was passionate enough about ethical behavior to drop the game, I would have done so when they revealed they'd be a gacha. I'm not, so I'm still giving them my money. I still enjoy the story and gameplay, so I'll stick with the ship until I stop enjoying it or it sinks to the bottom.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Endorph posted:

Largely that they already got their pound of flesh. Not that these guys arent' weirdos who will yell about things but their primary objection was that Limbus/Project Moon stuff was very popular with women who called it feminist, and, well, they've successfully soured a lot of that sentiment. It's not coming back. So they've won.

That is true, though I feel that won't really stop some from digging even more.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Valleyant posted:

Urgently throwing the artist under the bus.

Look those abnormalities demand sacrifices. Do you want the fall of the corporation on your head???

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah this has successfully kneecapped a lot of the fan enthusiasm, lots of fanartists giving up on PM completely and such. they might be able to fly under the radar from here on but it's going to be a black mark on them regardless.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly just shocked that these kind of types even liked Limbus. How do you start complaining about how theres too mcuh male fanservice like 6 months in lol

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i would doubt most of these people played or even cared about the game itself, they just have a lot of free time and get high off ruining poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i doubt a lot of them played it, or if they did play it it was just one of many gachas they played

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Marluxia posted:

Look those abnormalities demand sacrifices. Do you want the fall of the corporation on your head???

Look, Charon told us all what would happen the bus runs on the blood of artists

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vroom vroom straight to the recycle bin

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 25, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Tweet up to 15.5 million views already :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well this is a hell of a thing to wake up to, especially on a day where I threw up and needed to call in sick.

This sucks. I hate that this happened. I feel bad for the artist in question, and I feel bad that PM felt they needed to make this call. I do think this was legit a 'make the best of a bad situation' thing, so I'm not angry at PM if they legitimately feared for this woman's safety. I'm going to keep supporting PM, if only through Battlepass buys, and because I wanna see how this story goes but Jesus H. Christ.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Theantero posted:

Tweet up to 15.5 million views already :allears:

Which one?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah uh it looks like PM has either two options: Go under because they've lost their entire western fanbase and their VAs and artists are all about to cut ties, (Outis' VA has already said gently caress them) or reverse this but get the gently caress out of South Korea immediately because the government backed terrorists have showed up at their office already threatening violence.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah uh it looks like PM has either two options: Go under because they've lost their entire western fanbase and their VAs and artists are all about to cut ties, (Outis' VA has already said gently caress them) or reverse this but get the gently caress out of South Korea immediately because the government backed terrorists have showed up at their office already threatening violence.

If they want to keep going, they might have to change country

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I don't think they've lost the entire western fanbase but if staff are jumping ship uh it might be time to rethink things

e: like if a VA leaves they gotta re-record every ID and story line with someone else, that's an undertaking

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 25, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The talent knows that staff does not have their back if the chuds demand more blood.

They have little reason to stick by them, particularly the women talent.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
gonna have to suck it up and burn that gacha money on private security

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

YES bread posted:

gonna have to suck it up and burn that gacha money on private security

Probably should have done that before firing one of their illustrator

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

What's the source on this? I'm assuming Outis' VA said this on twitter? Hard to find stuff especially when the subreddit is still private.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Marluxia posted:

What's the source on this? I'm assuming Outis' VA said this on twitter? Hard to find stuff especially when the subreddit is still private.

On one of her streams, apparently. (I don't know what she streams.)

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly the most striking thing to me about this is how it played out exactly like a story in their games go; brownshirts banging on the door with insane demands backed by implicit violence, management makes the reasonable but spineless decision, and the heart and soul of the company go right out the window while the company itself trucks on like a zombie.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Onehandclapping posted:

Honestly the most striking thing to me about this is how it played out exactly like a story in their games go; brownshirts banging on the door with insane demands backed by implicit violence, management makes the reasonable but spineless decision, and the heart and soul of the company go right out the window while the company itself trucks on like a zombie.

I mean, dystopian fiction (and a good chunk of sci-fi) was always a commentary on the society it sprang from, just scaled up and exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Probably should have done that before firing one of their illustrator

well how were they supposed to know that immediately throwing the artist under the bus and salting the earth afterward would lead to negative consequences

tbf there was no good option but i think they picked the most not good one. easy for me to say tho

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Quackles posted:

On one of her streams, apparently. (I don't know what she streams.)
For what it's worth, she vtubes on twitch and that says she hasn't streamed for 5 days. I don't know what other accounts she has or how accurate twitch is being, so take both this refutation and the news with a grain of salt until further proof.
https://twitch.tv/miggang_ster

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you hear anything about anything without a first hand source, don't believe it. There's a bunch of guys trying to spread misinfo, obviously.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

If you hear anything about anything without a first hand source, don't believe it. There's a bunch of guys trying to spread misinfo, obviously.

south korean 4chan is currently trying to label the artist as a TERF in the steam discussion forum despite clearly not actually knowing what a TERF is. normal ones being had all around

YES bread posted:

i would doubt most of these people played or even cared about the game itself, they just have a lot of free time and get high off ruining poo poo

generally people like that think that they're oppressed freedom fighters fighting the system(that caters solely to them). sticking it to the imaginary SJWs is all the jusitifcation these brave heroes need

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

very 🤏 energy from PM

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Who could have seen the female staff not liking this honestly it's a mystery

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

very 🤏 energy from PM

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

south korean 4chan is currently trying to label the artist as a TERF in the steam discussion forum despite clearly not actually knowing what a TERF is. normal ones being had all around

Yeah I saw a bunch of this poo poo + conveniently left out details to try to muddy the waters or otherwise soften things to make it seem justifiable in the "just the cold hard world of contracts, nothing to see here" sense

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah I saw a bunch of this poo poo + conveniently left out details to try to muddy the waters or otherwise soften things to make it seem justifiable in the "just the cold hard world of contracts, nothing to see here" sense

the universal language of Just Asking Questions

when PM said they were gonna make an announcement on this some of the psycho gamer crew were immediately like "we weren't doing anything illegal we just wanted to have our innocent questions answered which is why we were pressed against your office windows breathing heavily" too

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I didn’t expect the psycho incel crowd to have the self awareness to try to (ineptly) downplay their actions to the international audience, and I’m really worried about the level of organization that implies.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

CommunityEdition posted:

I didn’t expect the psycho incel crowd to have the self awareness to try to (ineptly) downplay their actions to the international audience, and I’m really worried about the level of organization that implies.
They currently control the South Korean government. That's the level of organization that implies.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

what surprised me was the coordination on the Review scores - I think a TON of the negative reviews flipped to positive the moment PM caved, which usually doesn't happen

game suffers from being F2P in this instance since there's zero barrier to entry to dropping a review.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CommunityEdition posted:

That's kind of the problem with fighting internet trolls, they know how to troll. The problem is that they already very openly aired the reason for their grievances with their artist so retroactively trying to pull a Milkshake Duck is probably not going to work.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I uninstalled the game while waiting for PM to salvage this, somehow. Maybe showing a backlash in the actual money-making game will have a positive effect (lol I know).

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I'm gonna make my own weird dystopian cardbattler game.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

They currently control the South Korean government. That's the level of organization that implies.

Ok but the lunatics that do and did have control of parts of the American government didn’t seem to care as much about softening international optics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
The /r/limbuscompany reddit page has gone private.

The thread moves super fast. So basically, Swimsuit Ishamael shows up, people protested in front of Project Moons office, and PM caved and said no more fan service?