Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I never remember about the power ups. Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll play the story stuff a few more times to unlock people, so I'll try that.

Death Triangle beat the everliving poo poo out of Eddie in that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The trick to multi matches is that everyone just kind of dies if you beat them up enough. Like at no health left you can steal pins off a bodyslam or chuck someone out of the ring and they'll be stunned for a dog's age

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Dear Tony Khan, who I know both reads this thread and also has total control over the game: it's simple. Just give me the ability to earn stats via RTE or, optionally, buy stat points with that long-term money used otherwise for a limited number of costumes/arena stuff/entrances. That gives the money more to do and gives people a way to avoid RTE after having done it a billion times already, BUT it also makes it so new players (who haven't earned all that dough via regular play yet) will be incentivized to try RTE mode. Signed, a guy who made a couple games once

also my trick to winning tag matches is just to big slammu the other guy off the apron before trying to pin the legal man, if he's quick enough to make the save regardless the first time I guarantee he won't the third time

for fourways and poo poo yeah, you can buy infinite special to help you Dark Souls it but you have to Dark Souls it. You can also just select Quit from the menu and eat the loss like I do, because I don't have the patience and I know how it ends already

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CarlCX posted:

also they can add all the random CAW parts they want, and they should, but if they don't patch out the thing where every CAW has 0 stats until you grind them through story mode most of the fanbase isn't going to bother

having any CAW you create just be a slow weak piece of poo poo out of the gate unless you go through several mandatory hours of a story mode might be the worst loving decision in the game.

I guess it's a good thing the creation suite is one of the worst of the last decade, that way nobody will actually make more than 1 or 2 wrestlers to push through Road To Elite.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
alright I'll admit it I'm the sick gently caress who kind of likes pushing all his CAWs through RTE, I've done it three times and I'm gonna do it again

it's not just the stats, women get a different starting block and your personality I think affects the last block, and I like refining my peoples' moves to actually be effective so when I smash my dolls together later I know they're all competently designed and not crippled by some lovely kick I gave them

the honeymoon's gonna be over sooner or later though

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I live for video game creation suites and even I had the patience for one male and one female CAW and then gave up. It's boring and so limited that it's pointless to even try and make something interesting.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I probably have autism, I should mention that

one thing I will say without a hint of irony or cynicism is that I love that I can assign a unique taunt to the special-getting taunt. Doing a little dance because I got my special is funny every loving time

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can do any taunt to upgrade into special I don’t know where people got this idea that it has to be one specific taunt from

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I probably have autism, I should mention that

one thing I will say without a hint of irony or cynicism is that I love that I can assign a unique taunt to the special-getting taunt. Doing a little dance because I got my special is funny every loving time

The move set and entrance creators are both very good, no notes, except I wouldn't mind if the entrances were longer. I just wish the actual appearance creation was better.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

History Comes Inside! posted:

You can do any taunt to upgrade into special I don’t know where people got this idea that it has to be one specific taunt from

???? I mean you assign which taunt comes out, like I can assign four serious taunts and then when I do my special (regardless of stick direction) I make him do his happy special dance

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

having any CAW you create just be a slow weak piece of poo poo out of the gate unless you go through several mandatory hours of a story mode might be the worst loving decision in the game.

It's literally the problem I had with CAW mode in SvR 2007. Unlike in 2006 where you could at least earn unlimited CAW points after doing season mode a couple times, 2007 made it so you -had- to play through the season mode every time you wanted to level up a CAW.

The solution for this was to just make a CAW up to a 55 overall (so basically like 5/10 stats across the board most of the time, numbers might be different depending on factors but w/e) and then don't assign them any more points, play through season mode with them, and then just endlessly copy them over and over, change appearances, moves, stat assignments etc.

The worst part about Fight Forever's way of doing it is that I don't have this workaround. Because stats and abilities can only be assigned in RTE. It's just so mind-boggling that they would cripple their creative options like this when most of the time that's more important than the actual gameplay (which again, this game probably some of the best wrestling game gameplay in years).

I have faith that in time these problems could be rectified but I don't think this game has that amount of time for these problems to be fixed.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

???? I mean you assign which taunt comes out, like I can assign four serious taunts and then when I do my special (regardless of stick direction) I make him do his happy special dance

I gave one of my wrestlers what I can only describe as Jon Lovitz going "ACTING!" as his special taunt and it's great.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 25, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i do the moonwalk

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I just got Wrestling Empire and uh, the gameplay is basically just as good, if not better in some ways (aoe damage and rope interactions) than the AEW game.

And everything else (except the graphics) is WAY better hell yea. I made Harry dubois from disco and he comes into the ring eating a burger and crying

Now does anyone know how the hell I get out of wrestling school? I'm losing money every day here!! Someone pay me.
This must be what being an indie wrestler is like

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Communist Thoughts posted:

I just got Wrestling Empire and uh, the gameplay is basically just as good, if not better in some ways (aoe damage and rope interactions) than the AEW game.

And everything else (except the graphics) is WAY better hell yea. I made Harry dubois from disco and he comes into the ring eating a burger and crying

Now does anyone know how the hell I get out of wrestling school? I'm losing money every day here!! Someone pay me.

for a second i thought you said the graphics were better and i was about ready to report you for crimes against humanity

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

As with everything else in the game, it's completely random.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling Empire's big problem- well, it has two.

One is that it is entirely possible to get stuck in wrestling school forever and just keep losing money. Realistic but not a good time.

Two is that matches can drag on forever long after there's any real contest. It takes a LOT to finally put someone down and there's always the chance that the ref will restart the match for no reason.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

for a second i thought you said the graphics were better and i was about ready to report you for crimes against humanity

I considered it coz both games have pretty bad graphics but WE has more charming faces imo

But I can't in good conscience say the graphics are better and the gui is pretty terrible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for lying

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 26, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you find a random mobile phone lying on the ground, pick it up and some promoter might call and offer you a job. This is how Poipl daClown Jr got signed in the New Legacy video in WE

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

If you find a random mobile phone lying on the ground, pick it up and some promoter might call and offer you a job. This is how Poipl daClown Jr got signed in the New Legacy video in WE

lmao thanks, this really is like being an indie wrestler

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
my only fight forever request is that more people played online. Goddamn finding a match on Xbox sucks

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitch.tv/aewgames

Fight Forever tournament going on now!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Big loving Protip: If you're like me and you keep scoring A/A/A/C- on match evaluations, the trick is to do more signatures and/or finishers

edit: OR IS IT

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 26, 2023

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
so, huh, fight forever. pretty dead, huh?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

my only fight forever request is that more people played online. Goddamn finding a match on Xbox sucks

more like wait forever lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

xbox is dead except for 5 games. switch is dead for anything third party. pc is dead for 98% of all games. playstation is dead because nobody plays aew fight forever

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Fucker posted:

more like wait forever lmao

lol

i beat jasonbigg. all's well.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

videogames are dead. just a down market. no one plays these days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fucker posted:

so, huh, fight forever. pretty dead, huh?

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1684305367629717512

yep

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lol yikes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It takes a long time to make a game and boy it really feels like a mistake in hindsight to announce it as early as they did.

I'm still having fun with it but yeah I don't think those are unfair complaints.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean yeah the CAW suite is nonexistent, but FTR are still coming (ETA TBD) and as we post there are dozens of modders parsing out hex code so that YOU can use custom skin textures using just a few ZIP files and a python console. Watch this space.

Say what you will abt 2K, they’ve really leaned into the fact that streamers who really keep a game visible want to make a passable Waluigi more than they want good gameplay. All that anyone really wants is to make Waluigi.

Maybe if Jagged Alliance 3 sells enough and they cook the books so as to avoid the profits going into the Embracer hole, THQ Nordic can toss them a little funding.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
People in this thread have been talking about post-launch support saving the game from the dearth of content when it would require a level of support basically 0 games get, and definitely not double-A games like this. Like, other than maybe the battle royale mode and announced DLC characters, the game is the game. You're not getting a million new CAW parts, you're not getting new scenarios for the RTE mode, you're not getting new moves other than the season pass characters' ones. If the game as-is is enough for you, that's great, but don't hype yourself for "what it'll look like in 2 years" because you're playing that right now.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Jagged Alliance 3 IS pretty drat good tbh.

Also agree they probably announced the game way too early. The game as is probably needs like 1-2 years more dev time just for more wrestlers/CAW parts/modes, etc but it had to make money eventually I guess.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean Fire Pro World managed some impressive expansion despite basically being made in a closet at Spike Chunsoft.

I doubt we’ll see major changes like six man tags, but more CAW parts seems absolutely feasible.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Drakkel posted:

Jagged Alliance 3 IS pretty drat good tbh.

Also agree they probably announced the game way too early. The game as is probably needs like 1-2 years more dev time just for more wrestlers/CAW parts/modes, etc but it had to make money eventually I guess.
As much poo poo as I give YUKES, there’s a reason independent game developers are vanishing. Crunchy lo-fi products like Fire Pro or jank-forward products like Wrestling Empire can be made and maintained by small teams on pretty quick timelines, but a proper development studio like YUKES working on modern consoles have big teams working for years.

If they aren’t outright owned by their publishers, deadlines are going to be pretty tight… and even if they do get a delayed release for polish, they’re almost certainly not going to be using that time to add content which wouldn’t have been present in the original release build. Chances are they’re cutting unfinished features and cauterizing the stumps.

Anyway, you may recall when the YUKES CEO came out to publicly apologize for the quality of their games and swear that they’d been working an internal prototype to “compete” with their public releases. Even if there’s a specific Japanese business culture element to that sort of display, the internal competitor thing was universal business language for “we’re about to be fired by our publisher but if you hire us (please hire us) we’ll be ready to hit the ground running.” Luckily for them, AEW wanted something done. If they hadn’t I imagine YUKES would have dissolved or been hit with severe layoffs.

Anyway, the announcement of FF when it came seemed down to Tony and maybe Kenny, and more to do with selling the stature of AEW as a brand early in its life (to viewers but perhaps also to TV networks!) than any practical consideration of the game itself. These things happen. Fallout: New Vegas was infamously developed by a team fresh from the cancellation of an Alien RPG announced before any work of any kind had been done on it. Bad for the developer, but they didn’t have any say in the matter.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
My favorite was during the Giant Bomb quicklook when someone mentioned long term support and everyone just laughed.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i just want them to make doing RTE again on a CAW not reset your stats cause i would run through it over and over and over again if i got to keep just plastering dudes with My Guy, dont even care if i cant superpower him after the first run through or w/e just dont make him poo poo again

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Since I can't seem to get a match online I've been inviting friends over every weekend to play the game and it's been tonnes of fun to play with a group of people in real life. Maybe they should have marketed it as a party game a la Smash Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah I bounced off this game hard. I definitely bought it to support Aew and for nostalgia reasons. I haven't played it in weeks and honestly don't know if I will anytime soon. When I was a kid these types of games were great for sleepovers and parties but my life isn't like that anymore.

At this point I think I'm just done with wrestling games unless one comes along that has a really robust career mode and is fun to play.