Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

remembering that time shang tsung and quan chi teamed up and beat the poo poo out of liu kang and in the next two games liu kang was a zombie because he was dead

The whole revenant plotline sucks and I'm glad it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I watched Puppet Master the Littlest Reich despite being told not to. I don't understand how the big budget reboot made by an actual studio ended up being so much worse than the original. The puppets looked like poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rodbeard posted:

I watched Puppet Master the Littlest Reich despite being told not to. I don't understand how the big budget reboot made by an actual studio ended up being so much worse than the original. The puppets looked like poo poo.

Yo what is up with those puppets lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rodbeard posted:

they want to root for the nazi puppets killing minorities too its hosed up lol

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Frank Frank posted:

Having a hosed up face is her thing though. I'm not going to judge.

Her hosed up face is her charm point, a phrase I learned from a coworker at Best Buy who was into gatcha games that is burned into my brain

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
full moon then ignored littlest reich and made multiple low budget sequels of Blade (the puppet) murdering nazis

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I tried out Komi Can't Communicate last night and I'm not used to that extremely exaggerated style of anime but I like it a lot and will watch more

that's my anime news

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The screenwriter is both super Jewish and an edgy atheist and it gave all the jokes a really weird tone

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ah poo poo kiryu's started reading yospos

kiryu noooooooooo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's encountering foreign cultures

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ah full moon is the evil bong makers

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

they wash face and neck with a communal rag during that time frame 1600s-1900s. personal hygiene got real bad in Europe as fashion got insanely complicated and the solution was to just drown yourself in perfumes and scents. The complexity of taking all the clothes on and off also meant that in places like Versailles people would just poo poo in the corners and behind curtains.

which is wild because in the middle ages people had a much more robust bath culture, and if you smelled too bad you might get a visit from the sherriff and be forced to bathe.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The British race is shrouded in literal and moral filth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The British race is shrouded in literal and moral filth

Malodorous Albion

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

pentyne posted:

they wash face and neck with a communal rag during that time frame 1600s-1900s. personal hygiene got real bad in Europe as fashion got insanely complicated and the solution was to just drown yourself in perfumes and scents. The complexity of taking all the clothes on and off also meant that in places like Versailles people would just poo poo in the corners and behind curtains.

which is wild because in the middle ages people had a much more robust bath culture, and if you smelled too bad you might get a visit from the sherriff and be forced to bathe.

14th century sheriff goes to a 21st century convention, falls on own sword.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

reading this as an item description from bloodborne

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
its sad the sag strikes stopped all the oppenheimer press because we now don't get an endless parade of vacuous interviewers asking Cillian Murphy about being British, and absolutely not getting it when he tells them he's irish and they repeat themselves.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fourteen (the chicken george manga) is a series with dialog like

Doctor 1: The truth is, there was an eyeball on the chicken breast!
Doctor 2: Eyeball!?
Doctor 1: 'Eyeball...' is merely a hypothesis I have...
Doctor 2: What are you talking about?
Doctor 1: I just have some thoughts about my food.

and this isnt the translation its just written like this

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They announced a new FLCL season and it's 3D animation and it looks like poo poo

its called shoegaze, so it will be good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

code:

,   A           {}
 / \, | ,        .--.
|    =|= >      /.--.\
 \ /` | `       |====|
  `   |         |`::`|  
      |     .-;`\..../`;_.-^-._
     /\\/  /  |...::..|`   :   `|
     |:'\ |   /'''::''|   .:.   |
      \ /\;-,/\   ::  |..:::::..|
      |\ <` >  >._::_.| ':::::' |
      | `""`  /   ^^  |   ':'   |
      |       |       \    :    /
      |       |        \   :   / 
      |       |___/\___|`-.:.-`
      |        \_ || _/    `
      |        <_ >< _>
      |        |  ||  |
      |        |  ||  |
      |       _\.:||:./_
      |      /____/\____\

The sheriff demands you wash your rear end.

1. Acquiesce... this time (Requires 1 soap). Turn to paragraph 61
2. Never! (FIGHT - The sheriff has 7 SKILL and 15 STAMINA. If you win, turn to paragraph 61. If you lose, you are thrown in the river and your adventure is over!)
3. Flee. Turn to paragraph 518

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

holy poo poo the sheriff is a fuckin' tank

better just wash my rear end and hope I can buy the soap ration back in the next town

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Anyway it would be 'arse'. My immersion is ruined.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They announced a new FLCL season and it's 3D animation and it looks like poo poo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Frank Frank posted:

The whole revenant plotline sucks and I'm glad it's gone.

this was deadly alliance, not the reboots you freaking noob

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol all the hype over shao kahn being in mk11 and he was a low tier noob

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

intrigued, hopefully someone pulls a fender Jazzmaster out of an orifice or head as MBV plays

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Anyway it would be 'arse'. My immersion is ruined.

he wants you to wash a filthy fuckin donkey

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

remembering that time shang tsung and quan chi teamed up and beat the poo poo out of liu kang and in the next two games liu kang was a zombie because he was dead

love the mk tradition of naming characters from off a white dude’s kanji tattoos in Milwaukee circa 1999

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NoiseAnnoys posted:

love the mk tradition of naming characters from off a white dude’s kanji tattoos in Milwaukee circa 1999

name any more iconic characters you've invented

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i amn going to watch the new episode of futurama on watch cartoon online

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Psycho Landlord posted:

someone tallied up how many ip laws they broke with that animation a few years back, it's pretty great
I got probated and accused of pedophilia for posting the Daicon IV animated short with historical context in a thread for youtube videos lol

it's a genuinely fascinating piece of animation drawn by a small team in a garage that says gently caress it to IP laws and also wound up being an incredibly important animation because it led to the creation of Gainax, which was a massive influence in the anime and general animation industry for decades and even today. it was surreal as hell, like with the ridiculously detailed animation of a nuclear cherry blossom explosion:

TheMightyBoops posted:

There’s actually 2 of them, they were done when Gainax was a bunch of fan animators. Daicon 3 and 4. I don’t want to post the video because I can’t remember if there’s anything weird in it; it’s easy to find though.
any context is irrelevant because there's an anime girl in a playboy bunny outfit in it

HopperUK posted:

I tried out Komi Can't Communicate last night and I'm not used to that extremely exaggerated style of anime but I like it a lot and will watch more

that's my anime news
komi is a surprisingly solid series that has a few pitfalls(the entire character of Yamai) but is a pretty great romcom that has some really great character arcs, enjoy!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kiryu makes allies

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
poz my soul hole

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Buschmaki posted:

this was deadly alliance, not the reboots you freaking noob

That started it. I know the one - the ending where liu kang does the flying kick at quan chi and just explodes. That whole undead thing started in DA but was revived in the sequels and I wish they wouldn't resort to it as a plot device. I was actually shocked to learn the same team has been in charge of the story since the beginning so there's really no excuse at this point (I thought NRS was its own thing).

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

NoiseAnnoys posted:

intrigued, hopefully someone pulls a fender Jazzmaster out of an orifice or head as MBV My Dead Girlfriend plays

Corrected. Otoh if they pulled in a Japanese band that isn't the pillows like that, I might have to watch it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dongicus posted:

lol the site description said "Watch Cartoons Online Videos for Kids in HD for Free" and I click it and the front page shows kill la kill

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dongicus posted:

I bet they work in a pickle Rick reference somehow

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i have never played yakuza but enjoy the screenshots of the main character showing infinitely subtle variations of my favourite expression, disgusted contempt