Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/m3SCsQA.gifv

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I was hoping Queef would raid the compound with his carpentry tools.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I was stressed that Gideon was going to get shot at the end, glad he made it out safe.

Keif is the perfect himbo, I love him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

glassyalabolas posted:

I was hoping Queef would raid the compound with his carpentry tools.

I believe his name is Quiche.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

I am unsure how many times I exclaimed "Goddamn I love this show" during this episode, but it was a lot.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

One of my favorite tropes in TV is “characters from different storylines are connected but don’t really know each other” so no one knowing who Kief was really got me good.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MokBa posted:

One of my favorite tropes in TV is “characters from different storylines are connected but don’t really know each other” so no one knowing who Kief was really got me good.

Even better/funnier was only like 3 episodes earlier, he performed his fire dance at the Cousins Night and he's been at almost every Sunday lunch until this season and they still have 0 awareness of who he is or his actual name

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

sticksy posted:

Even better/funnier was only like 3 episodes earlier, he performed his fire dance at the Cousins Night and he's been at almost every Sunday lunch until this season and they still have 0 awareness of who he is or his actual name

I think they are completely aware of him, it’s just they know he’s Kelvin boyfriend and don’t want to bring that up.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Eli called him Queef last season when he was thanking Keefe and Kelvin for helping him with PT after he got shot up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Not surprised that McBride directed a straight up horror episode. Good poo poo. I kinda want a monster truck of my own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MokBa posted:

The funny thing is they absolutely should know him, they just don't care about him enough to even know his name.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It was mentioned before but the entire writing team is just so spot on with having a bunch of blowhard fragile people forced into situations where they have to face themselves and their actions and reconcile that. It was nice seeing the siblings make nice for a minute.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I just watched last week's episode - that was a lot of dick.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t know why him walking right through the hedge cracks me up so much, but it definitely tickles something in my brain

d00kiemastah
Jun 11, 2006
An afro is the symbol of a man.

Freaquency posted:

I don’t know why him walking right through the hedge cracks me up so much, but it definitely tickles something in my brain

I like how clearly uncomfortable Amber is with him throughout the rest of the scene

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I laughed a whole lot at the policewoman saying something along the lines of "Maybe he'll get sick of dealing them and let them go" and Martin saying "I said the exact same thing".

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I was stressed that Gideon was going to get shot at the end, glad he made it out safe.

Keif is the perfect himbo, I love him.

Agreed on both comments

Glad Big Carl is still a certifiable cool cousin too.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

SirPablo posted:

I just watched last week's episode - that was a lot of dick.

a flaccid dick really is a great device for physical comedy, just flopping around looking dumb

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's good to know that despite Zaslav being in charge HBO hasn't changed too much.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

A great show has a dairy cow almost get hit by a monster truck while rednecks hoot and holler.

In a perfect show, that monster truck runs over that fuckin dairy cow to the even greater joy of the bumfuck militia. I'm glad we're watching perfect television. Never change McBride.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Redeeeeeemer.... Redeemer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EufqC08mY

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i'll eventually get to another scene

https://i.imgur.com/hWrkrzX.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/V1LpYOq.gifv

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

moist turtleneck posted:

i'll eventually get to another scene

https://i.imgur.com/hWrkrzX.gifv

I loved when BJ tenderly kissed the creepy-rear end Judy doll

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We've said, "you need to go lay down, get some night-nights" to our kids enough times now they've started saying it too, and I can't wait for them to one day figure out where it's from.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/kcL6bxM.gifv

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

masterpine posted:

A great show has a dairy cow almost get hit by a monster truck while rednecks hoot and holler.

In a perfect show, that monster truck runs over that fuckin dairy cow to the even greater joy of the bumfuck militia. I'm glad we're watching perfect television. Never change McBride.

We got both. So what does that make this show.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yay, cousin Karl. :kiddo:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
One of my favourite little things in all the McBride/Hill shows is the unnecessary pluralization of words. Is this a real southern quirk or is it something they made up?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i will say my parents called going to bed getting your night nights in so I know that one is at least real and existed before these shows

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mordja posted:

One of my favourite little things in all the McBride/Hill shows is the unnecessary pluralization of words. Is this a real southern quirk or is it something they made up?

it’s not a plural s, it’s a possessive s

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Mordja posted:

My guess is that it's real, McBride grew up in the South, as did Hill, and Edi Patterson is from Texas. The "now"s Baby Billy drops all the time are definitely real to the accent.

Eta: ^^the unnecessary possessive S shows up in other American dialects too

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

proper usage would be something like, “ain’t no mr. k’s anymore. that somabitch died back in 2019. just a plain ol’ piggly wiggly’s now. loving teeter’s got the rest”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think you're all talking about different things. There is a southern trope where you add a possessive to some brand name like Kroger's when the store is just named Kroger. But McBride shows also do a thing where random words will get pluralized.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pretty sure it’s the same root. that legit extra s gets attached to other things by people who are either trying to be funny or who have said something the funny way so long that they get stuck saying it that way

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That and "stop crying, no one wants to ransom you!" had me in tears.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It's not even necessarily McBride trying to do a southern colloquialism, part of his idiosyncratic dialogue is just deliberately fumbling words.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Huxley posted:

We've said, "you need to go lay down, get some night-nights" to our kids enough times now they've started saying it too, and I can't wait for them to one day figure out where it's from.

haha, same here. My daughter hasn't started saying it, but eventually she'll come around.

That said, another A+ episode. Season 2 was a little up and down for me, after an otherwise stellar and near-perfect season1, but this show is really hitting its stride in s3. It wasn't even the funniest episode to me, but it was so well written and directed that I was even more impressed by it. I'm glad they do such a good job with resolving plot elements (ie: the kidnapping) to move things along, but I really can't wait to see where this all goes.

I loved Gideon's "oooo wee sucker!' when he was barrelling at the rednecks on their ATVs. Which reminded me, I wonder if that rival church is ever going to come back in play?

Either way, I'm just glad Cousin Karl is still cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
none of you have posted Kelvin's faceplant and that is a shame. :mad: