Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Al! posted:

i bought my copy of ja3 from a fit girl

Can you put workshop mods in that version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

i'm pretty sure fitgirl is a group of people and not just one person

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Grapplejack posted:

you shut the gently caress up! i saw her first!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

skooma512 posted:

Can you put workshop mods in that version?

probably the hard part would be obtaining the mods, theyd have to be on nexus or something since steam doesnt allow you to download mod files without owning the game afaik

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fitgirl does what razor911 dont

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
fitgirl and empress are both very real girls, who i am dating (sexually)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

probably the hard part would be obtaining the mods, theyd have to be on nexus or something since steam doesnt allow you to download mod files without owning the game afaik

It can. It's a developer toggle. Usually a dick move to sell the game on gog but not allow anonymous workshop downloads. Not sure if that's the case for ja3 but it should be

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Welp looks like Project Moon is imploding for the dumbest possible reason.

Turns out South Korea is being taken over by psychotic anti-feminist, and when they didn't give a swimsuit to their women character in their gacha game, they literally stormed the office to complain. So they fired an artist for a tweet she made 6 years ago and no one is happy about this decision.

Politics!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i don’t understand what you posted but i gather that south korea now has a gamer president, and for that i am happy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
playing rwd gravel daily stages for the first time in a month and not dying ftw

https://i.imgur.com/oCYscaE.mp4

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Bong Joon-Ho's Disco Elysium 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punished milkman posted:

fitgirl and empress are both very real girls, who i am dating (sexually)

tell them to crack deadspace and lad:ishin

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Welp looks like Project Moon is imploding for the dumbest possible reason.

Turns out South Korea is being taken over by psychotic anti-feminist, and when they didn't give a swimsuit to their women character in their gacha game, they literally stormed the office to complain. So they fired an artist for a tweet she made 6 years ago and no one is happy about this decision.

Politics!

artist was no angel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there is no 'south" korea

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Grapplejack posted:

sounds like the next thing that should be cracked....is this case!

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Al! posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Al! posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

drat horror queefs posted:

Innocent gamers pwnd by Gaben once again smh hate to see it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al! posted:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

smarxist posted:

good post

Yes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

Hard on the fence about jagged alliance 3. It looks like the kind of poo poo I'd love, but I'm still mugging through cyberpunk 2077 in chunks and pieces, and I'm historically a summer sale man

When's the summer sale start anyways

Lmfao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

genericnick posted:

Finally got around to start ff7r. It's fun and I'm bad at it. Got pretty owned by the first robot boss. Maybe I should try shooting it instead

same. i’m like 3 or 4 hrs in.

idk about the combat (just use abilities when they pop up and you’re good?) but I’m pretty sure Tifa asked me on a date and I stood her up to hang out w the other girl. No, not THAT other girl.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I... I think I hate Remnant 2.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

well THAT happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ben Nerevarine posted:

that’s too bad. is it bad or something?

I was looking forward to it. first game was kinda mediocre/ugly but it had lots of potential

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

i love the 1998 spectator sprites alongside the bleeding edge smoke effects

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

its not great thats for sure lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Xaris posted:

that’s too bad. is it bad or something?

I was looking forward to it. first game was kinda mediocre/ugly but it had lots of potential

aside from this stuff:

Grey Fox posted:

well THAT happened

which is there, and mostly tolerable, but symptomatic of the writing overall. it undercuts itself at every opportunity, right down to item descriptions. these aren't even half-assed jokes, it's things like getting out of a firefight and having your character go "Heh heh... yeah... *gulps* *tugs collar*

the game luxuriates in lazy, sloppy, indulgent design. there are 5 or so tilesets and they are all gutter-trope generics. one is a fantasy forest. one is DOOM-y sci-fi. one is Bloodborne-y Victorian-era plaguetown. I can't blame artists for wanting to tackle the greats but it's all stitched together by some token lore about transporting crystals or whatever and the tilesets are all achingly generic. they're trying to have their cake and eat it too and not even bothering to do try to do something a little different, put their own spin on it at all. there's no inspiration here, it's more like a series of checkboxes

the maps are procedurally stitched together segments with Dark Souls-style checkmarking, but because of the procedurally generated nature of it, the checkpoints can be frustratingly distant from each other (or, more rarely, practically next to each other). enemies don't come in waves so much as spawn around, sometimes behind, something in you. the placement also doesn't seem to be static within segments, so there's not even a sense of clearing a room and securing an area for a well-deserved breather--if you're not moving, you're getting spawns right on top of you. the gear is a very, very slow drip, and isn't very interesting

the whole thing gives me this feeling of, if this game can't take itself seriously, why should I? and I don't mean a serious atmosphere, I mean the work they've done. if you're going to have Firefly's tone, don't give me DOOM's graphics, or The Last of Us's world. the whole thing is at odds with itself

graphically it runs and looks very good, I'll give it that, and the multiplayer component is smooth and relatively seamless, but those are about the only positive things I can say about it

Ben Nerevarine has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Jul 26, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm enjoying it, it feels like Returnal but with classes and the enemies don't do bullet hell patterns but are more like dark souls fights with more projectiles. The quipping is there but pretty minimal after being exposed to marvel movies to a terminal degree. The tech tile set is a lot more Alien than Doom to me, also you have couple different tile sets for each world.

Story wise a lot of it reminds me of the first one, the big picture stuff is cool but the find details are boring. Cool set pieces, boring characters. But the gameplay is just fun so far. It is a looter-shooter that's a bit stingy on loot but it's fun that they have mixed up putting loot behind bosses and secrets.

I'm loving it, it's definitely not a bad game, absolutely a game you might bounce off of since they're combining 3 different genres that are hit or miss and are not the best devs in the world.

Imagine I said "lazy, sloppy, indulgent design." But really excited with a big grin on my face

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I totally can see clicking with its combat and rhythm, getting into a groove with it, zoning out and losing hours to it like a proper looter shooter should do. it’s not for me, I wish it was, but with good hard squint I can see the appeal

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ben Nerevarine posted:

(or, more rarely, practically next to each other)

they learned from the best

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i got rdr2 on sale because i figured at the very least "hunting + horse-having simulator" would be fun enough for fifteen bucks or w/e, and i'm only several-ish hours in so far but it is very cool.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Homeless Friend posted:

this is my dream car + driving style

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the milk machine posted:

i got rdr2 on sale because i figured at the very least "hunting + horse-having simulator" would be fun enough for fifteen bucks or w/e, and i'm only several-ish hours in so far but it is very cool.

i mostly use it as a horse testicle simulator but you do you i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So I got Strangers of Paradise on the cheap and it's fun, but I find myself playing other games I bought and barely played instead lol.

Salt and Sacrifice is pretty good!