Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So Lackadaisy’s started a crowdfunding campaign for a full season:
https://www.backerkit.com/c/iron-circus-comics/lackadaisy-bookset-and-plushes?ref=youtube_teaser

It’s already made its funding goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gatts posted:

There was already a perfect comics adaptation to cinema, it was Zack Snyder's Watchmen.

Snyder's Watchmen changed the ending without changing the rest of the story and created something entirely different (and IMO lesser) while even the television show just goes based off the comic.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
People are going to argue about the Squid again but the part that's insane to me is completely changing Rorschach's death scene to be a sad heroic sacrifice and replacing Doctor Manhattan's speech with Nite Owl. That's kind of a big deal!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mycot posted:

People are going to argue about the Squid again but the part that's insane to me is completely changing Rorschach's death scene to be a sad heroic sacrifice and replacing Doctor Manhattan's speech with Nite Owl. That's kind of a big deal!

Yeah, both of those also massively missed the point.

I can only assume the WB execs were involved because they are stupid in exactly the way I associate with them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I put all the credit on Zack Snyder, because "not understanding the source material" and him go hand in hand.

You need look no further than his constant misunderstanding of what "Hallelujah" is about

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Isn't it about getting head from Janis Joplin?

Yes I know that's Chelsea Hotel #2

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, I've been pretty critical about the way that DC's DTV movies have looked from the get-go, but I have to imagine these are also going to be in the new style that they've been using lately, and the idea of Watchmen looking super clean with chunky lines is making my brain bug out

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm willing to wait for a trailer before making GBS threads on these but yeah odds of them being good are fairly low

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A goofy thing that Teen Titans Go has been doing in recent years is periodically just making Doom Patrol episodes where Beast Boy goes back home and hangs with them. With this week's episode having them face the Beard Hunter with the end of the episode being a panel from the original comic stating that the Beard Hunter was real.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In this week’s Superman the show takes a bit of a darker turn as Jimmy goes it alone in his investigation after being neglected by Lois and Clark due to their own drama and gets abducted. Meanwhile, Lois takes wild risks like handcuffing herself to Clark and jumping off roofs to prompt him into coming clean, and when he does they argue and Lois calls time out on their romance

Also the first 3 episodes of Harley Quinn Season 4 are out

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Feels like a bad plan for your holographic avatars of the handlers of your secret spec ops operation to be visible to people who aren't your operative. Also laughed at the dude called Amanda Waller "Mandy", that gets you put on her list for sure.

Speculation but putting it in spoilers just to be safe, so the general is Lois Lanes dad right? He's a general in the backstories in the comics and quite often ends up in a low level "you can't trust superhumans" antagonist role and she mentioned something about him keeping secrets or something last episode.

I hope they clear the air between Lois and Clark relatively fast, like it's a realistic reaction on both their parts so it's not bad writing or anything but I do like when shows have characters realise quickly that the argument was had for valid reasons but is something they can get past and then both get over it pretty quickly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Teaser for next week’s episode:

https://twitter.com/swimpedia/status/1684784183166541824

Since they seem to be bringing a few villains from outside of Superman’s usual rogue’s gallery for this I wonder if we’ll see some heroes eventually as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 29, 2023

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I dunno if this is something that was specifically mentioned in the pre-release or something, but is Lois Korean in this? Her formalware at Ivo Tower kinda pointed in that direction and now General Lane's character design looks like cartoon Ma Dong-seok

This newest episode was probably the one I liked the most so far, but I am kind of disappointed that the hot anime boy ended up being Deathstroke. It'd be one thing if there was already a grizzled cartoon hardass in the show and they were doing a different take for contrast's sake, but there is none, so as a result this just feels like they hit him with a Voltron(2016) ray.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I believe she is, yes. Also, girl’s badass AF for just casually plunging off a building to force Clark to come clean, I think this might be my favorite Lois so far

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 29, 2023

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Lois is Korean! There'll be a line about her Korean name coming up soon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

OnimaruXLR posted:

I dunno if this is something that was specifically mentioned in the pre-release or something, but is Lois Korean in this? Her formalware at Ivo Tower kinda pointed in that direction and now General Lane's character design looks like cartoon Ma Dong-seok

This newest episode was probably the one I liked the most so far, but I am kind of disappointed that the hot anime boy ended up being Deathstroke. It'd be one thing if there was already a grizzled cartoon hardass in the show and they were doing a different take for contrast's sake, but there is none, so as a result this just feels like they hit him with a Voltron(2016) ray.

I mean this is a prequel show so most of the Titans are pre-teens right now. This is Slade before he becomes the Most Divorced Man in the World.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I feel like it should be pointed out that Sasquatch is a west coast monster. I don't know where Metropolis is located in this continuity (sometimes it's in Delaware, sometime it replaces New York) but every depiction of of Metropolis has it at least on the East coast of America.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

I feel like it should be pointed out that Sasquatch is a west coast monster. I don't know where Metropolis is located in this continuity (sometimes it's in Delaware, sometime it replaces New York) but every depiction of of Metropolis has it at least on the East coast of America.

That's exactly what they would tell the public so that they wouldn't go looking where it actually is! #flamebird

I assume it's going to be Ultra Humanite or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Superman & Lois has it at least Kansas adjacent because the characters can drive there on a day trip.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

That's exactly what they would tell the public so that they wouldn't go looking where it actually is! #flamebird

I assume it's going to be Ultra Humanite or something.

The preview for next week confirms it’s actually Monsieur Mallah

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

OnimaruXLR posted:

I take that to be because he and everyone is so young. Amanda "Mandy" Waller is below the pay grade of some general and Supes is like 22. I'm guessing Slade is like 26 or some poo poo and having his first super feud be with Supes is what'll gruff him up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I kind of hope the name "Deathstroke" is never uttered in this series (Slade sounds cooler and more menacing anyway). Honestly that should just become his canon name in the comics too

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Lois is Korean! There'll be a line about her Korean name coming up soon.
Oh, are you working on this? If you are, hey thanks.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Why is there a Justice League x RWBY movie? What the gently caress am I looking at? :psyduck:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Why is there a Justice League x RWBY movie? What the gently caress am I looking at? :psyduck:

Because WBD owns Rooster Teeth.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

a Justice League x RWBY movie

Every day we stay further from God's light.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AlternateNu posted:

they've been doing a crossover comic for like two years

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

site posted:

they've been doing a crossover comic for like two years

which is actually completely unrelated to the movie for some reason? Like the comic imagines the Justice League as natives to the setting while in the movie it's a standard crossover.

Feels like it'd just be easier to do an daptation.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

which is actually completely unrelated to the movie for some reason? Like the comic imagines the Justice League as natives to the setting while in the movie it's a standard crossover.

Feels like it'd just be easier to do an daptation.

There's another DC/Rwby comic before the one running now where they're natives. That's what the movie's based on I think

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

There's another DC/Rwby comic before the one running now where they're natives. That's what the movie's based on I think

crisis on infinite Justice League/RWBYs

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drakyn posted:

Oh, are you working on this? If you are, hey thanks.

BG artist, yar. And welcome!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is this the movie where Bruce states now that he has powers he can do real good?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Das Boo posted:

love the show

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Azubah posted:

Is this the movie where Bruce states now that he has powers he can do real good?

The JL/RWBY one? Yeah. They make a game, if odd, attempt at trying to portray Bruce as thinking he can't really help on Earth because he's powerless but because he has bat wings on Remnant he could which is... sure, okay, whatever. Also Weiss is into Bruce but who isn't, really.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Das Boo posted:

That's cool! It's a great show and I really enjoy it.

I like how they didn't drag out Lois figuring out Clark's secret, and I thought that they both had good sides to the argument as to why he should have told her and why he didn't.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think Jimmy has known this entire time and keeps bringing up aliens so Clark feels comfortable coming out to him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

everyone knows they're just humouring him

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I mean, Clark hasn’t exactly been subtle about it (in fact that’s part of the reason why Lois was able to piece it together so fast)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

listen, he's just a kansas boy, of course he becomes obsessed with fresh city bagels and spends around four hours a day minimum obtaining them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Larryb posted:

I mean, Clark hasn’t exactly been subtle about it (in fact that’s part of the reason why Lois was able to piece it together so fast)

It's why I like this show because Clark/Supes is hella green. He's really bad at hiding it lol.

You can only order so many bagels. :v:

Like to me I was concerned like if there was gonna a whole thing about his face/glasses (which thankfully not) and seeing Lois draw the glasses on his pic gave me a chuckle.