Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jonah would have been at January 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Murdstone posted:

Jonah would have been at January 6.

Profoundly dumb arc by all. But Peter has the power to punch it all over aaaa.
"Spiderman stole the election" is something Jonah would believe regardless of president

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
So I guess one of two things is happening:

- One of Hammerhand's goons (I keep typing Hammerhead) is sympathetic to Spidey and is 'helping' him by releasing his incriminating photos to the press in advance, so Hammerhand has no leverage against him

- Hammerhand himself is releasing those photos to the press because ???, thus completely undermining his entire plan

Either option is very dumb, but this is a very dumb storyline.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So after all that whinging over Hammerhand's laughably impotent threat, Pete managed to dive head first into the worst possible outcome imaginable.

Oh, well! At least he only gave them the picture of Spidey committing an actual crime rather than the harmless one of him standing in a room.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And also his wife knows just enough for her to know he's doing the crimes and think he's into that now.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

And it turns out that sending the newspaper a photo of Spidey doing crimes doesn't even work

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jonah prints every photo of spiderman he gets with a caption about how nsm is doing crimes.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

jonah prints every photo of spiderman he gets with a caption about how nsm is doing crimes.

unless spidey is actually doing crimes, in which case robbie stops him

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And that's that, no wedding. A few months later Peter beats up some people to stop atm theft

and a few months after that there's allegations

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poor MJ has a nasty case of conjunctivitis.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Peter: Oh man, MJ's crying.... it must be allergy season, like Aunt May would always tell me when I came around to tell her I needed to borrow money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, at this point it's a year since Peter decided to tell MJ the truth, three arcs, peter is trying to find a landlord to punch and so on. I really wonder how much people bought in to MJ leaving forever back in teh day, as Carol had left in a similar way, but the wedding in the comics was probably starting to build up around now. Advertising of the TV event should start soonish, too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Cheer up, females!" is so stupid it will be my new band name.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow the Condo Builder—Spider-Man’s greatest foe!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's probably lots of people's greatest foe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"As soon as I find a place for my Spider-Man poster!"

I know he likes explaining it but I think most people can figure out the origin of the name "Hammerhand."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Warehouse structures for me to smash to demonstrate my name $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my crime ring is dying

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sockser posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Warehouse structures for me to smash to demonstrate my name $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my crime ring is dying
:lmao:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HammerHand, you could just, y'know, kill him? You get out of the picture one o fhte few people trying to find you, and Spider-man gets to know you're for serious while you still have your leverage on him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so during the months between MJ telling Peter hell no and Aunt Anna saying she left town, MJ and Peter stayed friends and talked fairly often. Mostly about MJ not being able to cope and how Spider-man sucks (but Spider-man is Peter! oh no!) then this latest arc Peter helps the daughter of the arc's villain and Robbie got kidnapped

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

1) lol

2) they are finally crediting the new artist, though they have spelt his name wrong: it's Floro Dery, who (among other things) was the designer for The Pirates of Dark Water?? Yeah, I can see it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

1) lol

2) they are finally crediting the new artist, though they have spelt his name wrong: it's Floro Dery, who (among other things) was the designer for The Pirates of Dark Water?? Yeah, I can see it

Huh! That's pretty cool, and while going through this era of sunday strips it did seem like the style took big cues from animation designs of the late 80s.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, that's pretty cool re: Floro Dery.

The second greatest act of villainy in Newspaper Spider-Man history coming up.... Peter Ock-Blocking his Aunt.

The first being, of course, him ruining her chances with Uncle Moley :mad:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Romance trouble all around

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All these "mwaks" at the Daily Bugle :3:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's always been true: put a big picture of the editor of the paper on the front page, and copies just fly right off the newsstand.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hammerhand's widow's peak is threatening to become a unibrow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best part is that he could grab robbie and run away at any time. no one's actually holding on to him, or anything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

meanwhile, in the present

This time for sure they'll reach Australia :unsmith:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I really wish we had gotten a story with the Kangaroo. Apparently he had no powers and wasn’t bitten by a radioactive kangaroo or experimented on by scientists, he just hung out with kangaroos and tried to be like them.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What can MJ do? All she has is recorded audio of a guy admitting to all his crimes and exonerating Spider-Man completely!

MorningMoon posted:

This time for sure they'll reach Australia :unsmith:

:negative:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There should just be a three week complimentary arc of Peter and MJ on vacation in Australia and only mundane things happening.

"Peter... you left the keys in the apartment!"

"Doi! Sorry MJ, looks like you married a knucklehead!" *wallcrawls up to an open window*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Not like there was reason to think otherwise, but the present has looped once again to the same spot

I guess there's comfort in knowing that every 4 years Spider-man will fight the Spider-sized-Spider

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter figured out an amazing solution using his genius brain. He'll TALK to his girlfriend rather than letting it spiral into a 3's Company level misunderstanding!

It's just crazy enough to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it won't work, though. he'll get defensive, then comes the rage sweat and the shouting. 70's nsm is really stupid, sure, but he's also a terrible person.