Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

I really liked Gloriana de Jesús Villalobos Vega (#10) and Fabiola Villalobos Morales (#20) for Costa Rica but Japan look much improved since their Tokyo Olympics campaign.

Japan advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow that’s a banger

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Barbara Banda (#11, ZAM) can't quite get around on it moving from the right side of the box into the center outnumbered four to one.

Spain take first blood. If I were scoring that goal like a baseball put out that's 8-11-10-3 by kit number starting from the left side facing the net, quickly pinballing outside the box to a full legged shot. Shocked the hell out of me I was still thinking about the Banda chance.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

:alonso:

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i'm so stoned it takes five minutes to post and it takes four minutes for spain to score a goal from scratch. zambia gave up five goals to japan too. hoping for first entrant zambia to score because i think they can but i'm expecting a bloodletting.

Alexia Putellas (#11), Jennifer Hermoso Fuentes (#10), and Maria Francisca Caldentey Oliver (#8) are a sharp triangle. Putellas and Fuentes play for Barça Femení.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Mariona Caldentey was also on barca before she moved out to pachuca mx

minute 30, Olga Carmona 19 -> Putellas 11 - Aitana Bonmatí 6 at wide of the right post

minute 37, ball hits the net but thats everyone offside, i think Belemu 8 for Zambia catching a wall of Spaniards off

minute 41, Banda 11 was about to break the seal when Irene Parades 4 chases her down with a clean tackle

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

minute 45+5, eep Aitana fires the rebound on target but Eunice Sakala 18 stays in front of it, Sakala holds her side as she thanks her backs nobody said it would be easy for the rookie

thats half

Sakala in her first start replacing Catherine Musonda 1 who is serving her red card suspension who picked up her second yellow encroaching a penalty kick in extra time of the loss to Japan.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

REDONDO

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i missed Jen Hermoso's second trying to find who served the other one up to Alba Redondo, i believe Eva Navarro assisted Redondo

Sakala saving a shot from Eva Navarro

Zambian plan is to hoof it Bamba so it was essential to withstand the Spanish battery and counter in transition, not happened too often barely a handful of times.

Barbra Bamba is rad so I liked that plan for my own entertainment but it would have been the upset of the tourney for Zambia claw this back. In the warm up friendlies, months prior to ANZ23, Zambia took leads in each of their three games on their tour away vs ROK, SUI, and GER thanks to Bamba but would settle for 1-1-1, loss to Korea draw Swiss win over Germany in extra time in those games.

Zambia got rinsed by Korea in a rematch in April and again by Japan. A two tiered tournament for sure but I enjoy seeing the professional best meet the qualifying darlings. Love group stage football.

TDepressionEarl fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 26, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Only watched about 10 minutes, seems like Zambia are bad at holding an offside line and not getting injured, both of which are super :smith:

E: l have no clue how you can honestly say that fifth goal was onside or not

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 26, 2023

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

why wont they show the var

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

okay refs get it immediately, broadcasters get it eventually

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Christ that was some criminally bad marking in the box by Zambia.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Feel bad for Zambia what with the not getting paid for two years and having a sex pest as a coach. You make it to the World Cup against it all, with some good showings in friendlies, and then just get mulched by two countries who put (in Spain’s case marginal) resources towards women’s football.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lets go Canada maybe you can get paid for playing even though you havent been for the last 2 years

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:canada:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Erin go Bragh or whatever, gently caress the Canucks

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
beautiful

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Omfg lmao

slorb
May 14, 2002
Woah what a goal!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Haha get hosed Canada

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Steph labbe you are clearly not jfc

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Really putting the poo in poutine

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
We got to see an Olympico!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I guess nows a good time to mention that Canada has i think 1 goal from open play in their 8 last competitive matches

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
genuinely have never seen a goal like that from the Irish men's team so hands down the Irish women's team is infinitely better just from how cool that was alone

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

I guess nows a good time to mention that Canada has i think 1 goal from open play in their 8 last competitive matches

At least Sinclair is on the bench so they don't have to play around her parking cone-like presence in the middle of the park like they did in the first match.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol were so bad

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Now that Aus aren't dealing with her, I love McCabe and want her to be a pest

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013
I'm glad this is a 1pm game for us because my partner would've woken up the entire block in excitement at that goal if it was an early morning one

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd fake an injury too if I had the 20 minutes the Canada keeper has had

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
at this rate we’ll have 20 mins of extra time

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

cmon

Gilles gotta score on that i dont know else but cmon

TDepressionEarl fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 26, 2023

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ireland lookin' very peppy. Canada... not so much. I'd probably feel differently if they'd scored tho.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao love a proper winter game in the world cup

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

flash flood