Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Olivia Coleman was great value like she is in everything she does, but for me her character was written like the villain in a teenager's anime fanfiction. She didn't have an awful lot going apart from the rote "oh hello, I am so extremely polite and well-spoken, but now I'm going to do something cartoonishly evil to show I mean business".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Marvel better really appreciate James Gunn. If not for Guardians 3, when was the last home-grown thing of theirs that was genuinely big and popular?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

So what happened here, it looks like massive last minute rewrites/reshoots, but why?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Necrothatcher posted:

So what happened here, it looks like massive last minute rewrites/reshoots, but why?

The situation around Kang's actor maybe?

Response to FatWS discourse?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Necrothatcher posted:

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that maybe they wanted to replace Kang with Skrulls (as Lord Magmar mentioned)
And that seems like it might be the case?

Pretty bad place to do that though, there's no buzz around this show at all people won't have a clue

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Rarity posted:

Did Olivia Colman end up having any point being in this series?

Yes, she played the role of Nick Fury. Shame they couldn't get Samuel L. Jackson back for the role.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Taear posted:

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that maybe they wanted to replace Kang with Skrulls (as Lord Magmar mentioned)
And that seems like it might be the case?

Pretty bad place to do that though, there's no buzz around this show at all people won't have a clue

I don't think they are going to do that former thing, I'd have to imagine they'd pick a big villain that can more easily have a big focus (like a certain Doctor who will be appearing in some films in a few years) but if they did want to do it, it's not like this show not being an amazing hit would stop them from doing that, all they'd need to do would be to have whatever the big Skrull guy is called (I haven't been and won't be bothering to watch this series so I don't know) show up in one of the bigger films in some capacity or have characters go "I'd love to help but I'm busy investigating this Skrull thing".

Necrothatcher posted:

I think they just hosed it as they have done with quite a few of their projects in the last few years. It feels like they pulled the trigger on some of these tv shows especially with absolutely no plan and no vision and then when it came to actually writing them, assumed it'd all work out somehow, the "marvel magic" would kick in or something.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Adrianics posted:

Secret Wars started off boring, then brightened up a little around episode 4, and has ended in just the most bizarre and ludicrous way possible.

So... Giah is now just casually ambling around with the power of literally every single character that was in Endgame, and (somehow) even some that weren't??

The President of the United States has declared a loving holocaust on the Skrulls, so he's essentially going to try and make an entire alien refugee species extinct?? Does nobody apart from Fury making a two-minute phone call have anything to say about this??

They're not going to tell us how long Rhodes was replaced by a Skrull, apart from "a long time"??

Why did Sonia not just immediately blow Skrull Rhodes' head off, what did she or anyone gain from that drawn out scene in the hospital where it was so important that POTUS believed their story??

OMG it only just occurred to me that Fury's arc in this series is a complete circle, he literally ends it exactly where he started. The whole thing kicked off because he abandoned the Skrulls on Earth then hosed off into space, then it ends with him abandoning the Skrulls on Earth IN AN EVEN WORSE SITUATION, THEY ARE ALL BEING EXCECUTED WITHOUT TRIAL UNDER THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, in order to gently caress off into space :sickos:

All of this.

The show ends with EVERYTHING worse that it was at the beginning. So much worse. This isn't "how Nick Fury got his groove back", it's "hey, Nick Fury is a sad pathetic failure, now watch as he becomes a well-adjusted super-failure". It's not a conclusion to a story arc, this show just set up a hellish dystopia of an ending and there doesn't seem to be any sign of who or what is going to fix it. What a loving downer.

Also the US President just declared New Asgard enemy combatants? As you say, is nobody going to speak against the US President? Suddenly in THE LAST FIVE MINUTES OF THE SHOW there's an international vigilante coalition of Skrull-Anon murdering anyone they think might (might) be an alien. This is worse than the Sokovia Accords. It's worse than the extra-territorial superhero work that led to the Sokovia Accords. This is just one annoyed dude deciding to destabilise the entire world in the very arse end of the story arc with no consideration how this will affect the MCU. It would probably have been less bad to just drop a bomb on the Skrull compound. (lol at it needing to be a nuke though, even regular 2023 US military has enough toys to flatten such a small area that wouldn't trigger a global apocalypse.)

Why would you even have War Machine as the Presidential advisor/bodyguard if he doesn't have access to his supersuit during a potential SECOND assassination attempt? Why was he even riding in the car during the first attempt, and not flying cover? They downgraded WAR MACHINE to a single pistol and the ability to die to a single gunshot. PUT ON THE SUIT omfg.

Why would they even keep human Everett Ross alive once his Skrull double was killed? If they were planning to keep using Ross, then he should probably still be in the loving story at some point. Gravik apparently murdered every single Skrull in the compound, except for the gate guards because oooh dramatic tension, there's no reason not to just murk some/all of the named characters down there too. This is supposed to be our happy ending though, isn't it, that a couple of named characters didn't die. Wow.

What even is the loving point of a false flag WWIII if Skrulls can die to a single bullet, would likely all die in WWIII anyway because it's not just the radiation that's an issue, and all the hardcore most loyal supporters of the plan (or at least, the head Skrull with the plan) got murdered in advance of doomsday by the genius behind it all.

Why am I even trying to make sense of any of this?

How was the loving plan to superpower both of them, and then hope that the good SS beats the bad SS? Gi'ah already had the same initial upgrade that Gravik had, they could have just fought on even terms without risking potentially losing and having the big bad guy now roaming free in upgraded form. Jesus loving christ this is the dumbest poo poo ever, just so they could have an "and I am all the Jedi" CGI fight scene in a derelict car park.

Don't get me started on how we now have a Captain Marvel + Hulk + EVERYONE ELSE power level character running around out there. It's bad enough when it's "Where's Captain Marvel" to solve any problem, but now there's a local girl not turning up to save the day.

This is not the worst thing I have ever watched. For the amount of money it cost, it may well be the worst thing I've ever watched on a dollar per minute basis. Not even exaggerating. It does nothing on its own merits, doesn't advance the character of anyone in the show (and straight up ends the lives of some they could have done something with), and it makes the MCU worse in so many ways. It's a net negative, with no positives.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 26, 2023

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Secret Invasion, more like public shart.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Adrianics posted:

They're not going to tell us how long Rhodes was replaced by a Skrull, apart from "a long time"??

Between Civil War and Infinity War. He got injured in Civil War, an injury that he seemingly still has when he gets woken up and had made a full recovery in time for Thanos to show up.

But yeah. The last episode really did not make sense as Parkingtigers has pointed out already.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Adrianics posted:

I figured him not being able to stand on his own meant that the switch happened after he broke his back in Captain America 3 and he never actually healed. Meaning either his double did a bunch of unnecessary rehab or else nobody ever questioned why Rhodey was suddenly able to walk again.

e: Beaten, but I will add that neither of the Skrulls seems to know how radiation sickness works and they were both just doing a terrible job of bluffing one another.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 26, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Don't worry, people! Fury says that the Kree are open to peace talks. And we all know those always end with both parties getting what they want.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Regarding Rhodey: people are posting screenshots that show he's wearing the exact same hospital gown as he was in Civil War when he gets his back injury, so immediate speculation is the swap was made then. Which would be mental, as a Skrull would have been him in Infinity War and Endgame. I'll expect that was the intent of the show, but there'll be some backlash and it will be walked back and "clarified" it's just from a recent check-up or something.

It would massively diminish Rhodey as a character if he had been an imposter all that time, which is why I'm fairly sure the show planned it that way as they hosed up everything else.

It's one of those things where, outside of the text of the show, we have to wait and find out how badly they hosed it.

Technowolf posted:

Don't worry, people! Fury says that the Kree are open to peace talks. And we all know those always end with both parties getting what they want.

Love to casually introduce a potential solution to a 30 year problem in a single line of dialogue in the final 5 minutes of a show all about the festering of a 30 year problem. Now that's good writing.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 26, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ok, so that happened.

When does the real Secret Invasion start?

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I take the explanations re Rhodes, although as also pointed out this creates a pretty big hole; if the Rhodes throughout Infinity War, the five year gap and Endgame was Skrull Rhodes and he was good enough at his assignment to fool even those closest to Rhodes, it makes it a little odd that he suddenly became a twitchy prick in time for Secret Invasion and also means that real Rhodes' character development throughout this time (his interactions with Nebula and Rocket, for example) is reset to zero

Although having said that, I'd love to see a credits scene or one-shot deal of someone having to explain the Snap, the Blip, Stark's death and Secret Invasion to Rhodes as he's apparently missed all of them.

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 26, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Adrianics posted:

Secret Wars started off boring, then brightened up a little around episode 4, and has ended in just the most bizarre and ludicrous way possible.

So... Giah is now just casually ambling around with the power of literally every single character that was in Endgame, and (somehow) even some that weren't??

Had to slow it down to get them all

Ghost
Capt America
Corvus Glaive
Thanos
Outrider
Proxima Midnight
Capt Marvel
Frost Beast
Korg
Drax
Cull Obsidian
Mantis
Gamora
Abomination
Drax
Hulk
Chitauri
Black Panther
Valkyrie
Thor
Gamora
Flora Colossus
Winter Solider

And by god that was such a poo poo series.

Regard to Giah
Watch them backtrack on this in whatever she will be in next saying having that it was only temporary or she can only have so many powers at a time to hobble her insane power level.
No way did anyone think of the implications and what it means to give her all the powers she now has

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 26, 2023

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Adrianics posted:

I take the explanations re Rhodes, although as also pointed out this creates a pretty big hole; if the Rhodes throughout Infinity War, the five year gap and Endgame was Skrull Rhodes and he was good enough at his assignment to fool even those closest to Rhodes, it makes it a little odd that he suddenly became a twitchy prick in time for Secret Invasion and also means that real Rhodes' character development throughout this time (his interactions with Nebula and Rocket, for example) is reset to zero

It also means he wasn't there when Tony died and probably doesn't know anything about. Although it also means him being a massive dick to Thor is retconned so...

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Ghost
Capt America
Corvus Glaive
Thanos
Outrider
Proxima Midnight
Capt Marvel
Frost Beast
Korg
Drz
Cull Obsidian
Mantis
Gamora
Abomination
Drax
Hulk
Chitauri
Black Panther
Valkyrie
Thor
Gamora
Flora Colossus
Winter Solider

Ghost wasn't even loving there, how the hell did that happen!!!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Lmao. An alien was lecturing Falcon about being a patriotic Black American.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Wow, this was pretty weak.
Like there are Marvel shows where I thought it really stumbled at the end, but at least they seemed to have passion and thought their own stuff was exciting.
The last three episodes kept having moments where I thought "the show should've started here".

Don't know how you justify bringing in someone like Emilia Clarke, a big tv star to play such a nothing character. Like, I don't care if it makes sense, just make her Moonstone or something.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Parkingtigers posted:

It's an old nuclear plant, and those are anti-radiation pills.

Please note that he did not need to take any kind of anti-radiation treatment for the dirty bombs he was exposed to in the first episode.

There were no actual dirty bombs in the first episode. It is a major plot point that they were a ruse.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Digital Jedi posted:

Ghost
Capt America
Corvus Glaive
Thanos
Outrider
Proxima Midnight
Capt Marvel
Frost Beast
Korg
Drax
Cull Obsidian
Mantis
Gamora
Abomination
Drax
Hulk
Chitauri
Black Panther
Valkyrie
Thor
Gamora
Flora Colossus
Winter Solider

There have been 15 years of movies, starting with the first MCU film, about the failure to replicate the Super Soldier serum. It's a recurring motif. Now that, and 15 other people's DNA, can all be seamlessly spliced into a single person in 60 seconds, giving them all the powers that they instantly know how to use with NONE of the side effects, difficulties, or learning curve.

As well as creating a one-woman Avengers team, there now exists a process and a machine for creating an infinite number of one-person Avengers. Maybe it's tied to only working on Skrulls, but considering all the rest of the DNA that got crammed in just add a drop of Skrull blood and recalibrate and you've got one that works on humans. And we know, we KNOW, that would be a top priority for... well, loving everyone, because a sizable portion of the early stories have been about trying to create more Steve Rogers, more Hulks, more weird people via Infinity Stone experiments, more Iron Man suits.

The show casually invents a way to create beings more powerful than Thanos, in potentially infinite number, and just leaves that hanging. The conclusion of the show is sad Nick Fury's willingness to kiss his Skrull wife, and the refugees he abandoned now about to be genocided because of the act of one Skrull that NICK FURY HIMSELF decided to turn into Super Skrull because eh, maaaaaybe our Super Skrull will beat him, and maaaaaybe our Super Skrull won't be a massive liability further down the line that requires dealing with.

And wouldn't people like the Dora Milaje have something to say about Black Panther's DNA being held and used? The whole second film was about not letting outsiders have access to the dangerous Vibranium as they couldn't be trusted with it, now Fury's got T'Challa's DNA and it literally gets used to create a potential threat to Wakanda and the entire world. They would not stand for this, and it would not go unanswered. Absolutely they have an intelligence network more than capable of knowing about this too, there's no way a post-Blip Fury outsmarts them, and this show even goes out of its way to show a post-Blip Fury isn't up to the task.

I'm not even getting into how the shapeshifting creates clothes, so the Skrulls are basically always naked, and Gravik decides he must go shirtless to show off his CGI abs, and Khaleesi must constantly be devoting energy to recreating a leather jacket. loving dogshit series, and I'm trying not to be be angry online over a dumb superhero show but I forgot to unsub from D+ this month and I had to watch it out of obligation to getting my money's worth and I begrudge my time and money going on this.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Context free spoiler:

I can tell which was worse, that the show just pulled some random Kree/Skrull peace talks out of nowhere at the last second to resolve the issue or that the situation on Earth at the end of the show sounds far more interesting than the show we watched.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Secret Wars: *ends* okay but here's a teaser for the plot this should have been the whole time lol

A truly garbage show from start to finish. I know everyone keeps joking that it was written by AI but honestly, was this written by AI?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MokBa posted:

Secret Wars: *ends* okay but here's a teaser for the plot this should have been the whole time lol

A truly garbage show from start to finish. I know everyone keeps joking that it was written by AI but honestly, was this written by AI?

I feel like AI would have done a better job.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Not good at all. among all the other problems, Fury’s big plan was to give both Gi’ah and Gravik the powers of every known superhuman and alien in existence and just cross his fingers and hope Gi’ah wins the ensuing fight?

Not that any credits scene would have saved this show, but the lack of one felt like it added insult to injury here.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Necrothatcher posted:

I feel like AI would have done a better job.

This is what ChatGPT came up with

quote:

Title: "Marvel's Secret Invasion"

Synopsis:
"Marvel's Secret Invasion" is a gripping six-part TV show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, based on the popular "Secret Invasion" storyline. The series follows the events after the Skrull refugees, who have sought asylum on Earth, are found to be harboring dark secrets. Nick Fury, once again thrust into the world of espionage, leads a covert team to uncover the truth and prevent the brewing conflict between the Skrulls and Earth's inhabitants.

Part 1 - "Refugees Among Us":
Nick Fury, now operating in the shadows with a small team, stumbles upon evidence suggesting that some Skrull refugees living on Earth may not be who they claim to be. While some of the refugees genuinely seek peace, a faction appears to have hidden motives that could spell disaster for the planet.

Part 2 - "Hidden Agendas":
Fury's team intensifies their investigation, grappling with the delicate balance of integrating Skrull refugees into human society while trying to identify the potential infiltrators. Tensions rise as they discover that the Skrulls' shape-shifting abilities make them virtually undetectable, leaving the team with few reliable methods of discerning friend from foe.

Part 3 - "Trust Fractured":
The team faces internal strife as they debate the right course of action. Some members advocate for open cooperation with the Skrulls, while others insist on a more aggressive approach. Fury must navigate these differences to maintain unity and focus on finding the truth.

Part 4 - "Betrayal Revealed":
Amidst a growing atmosphere of paranoia, one of Fury's own team members is revealed to be a Skrull infiltrator. This betrayal rocks the team to its core, forcing them to confront the harsh reality of the situation and the need for a united front against the hidden Skrull threat.

Part 5 - "War on Two Fronts":
As tensions escalate, an extremist faction of Skrulls launches a series of attacks on key human targets, igniting fear and anger among Earth's population. Fury's team must now protect both humans and peace-seeking Skrulls while hunting down the rogue infiltrators.

Part 6 - "Unmasking the Truth":
In the climactic conclusion, Fury's team unravels the conspiracy behind the Skrull infiltrators. They discover that an ancient Skrull sect seeks to use Earth as a battleground to settle an internal power struggle within their race. With time running out, Fury must make a difficult choice that could determine the fate of both worlds.

"Marvel's Secret Invasion" is a thrilling TV show that explores themes of trust, identity, and coexistence in the face of an impending conflict. As Nick Fury and his team race against the clock, they must not only uncover the truth but also find a way to unite both humans and Skrulls to prevent an all-out war that could tear the universe apart.

At least it doesn't sound worse than what we got.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Barry Convex posted:

Not good at all. among all the other problems, Fury’s big plan was to give both Gi’ah and Gravik the powers of every known superhuman and alien in existence and just cross his fingers and hope Gi’ah wins the ensuing fight?

I'm just remembering the conversation on the bench between Talos and Gi'ah, where he says the plan is to show the US President Skrulls are good and to ask (beg) for a place to stay on Earth. Gi'ah is angry at this plan, which is reliant on them being "the good ones" and begging for table scraps, and she makes it clear there needs to be a more forceful plan than that.

She's now the most powerful superhero in existence, and IN THIS STORY made it clear that she won't accept a plan that's just "be good, ask nicely". And she felt that way before the US President started genociding her people.

Just going with the evidence presented IN THIS STORY, she would be as much of a threat going forward as Gravik. More, possibly, because he couldn't even get his Skrull that was literally alone with the President to just replace him and fire the nukes directly. Gravik's just a cartoon "I kill my wayward henchmen" clown, who dies in a 3 minute CGI fight with someone his equal. Meanwhile Gi'ah has a stated objection to a peaceful plan, rage about her murdered parents, and now everyone else she cares about is being hunted and killed just for being a Skrull.

I guess she's only a hero because the show tells us she is, and because it's Emilia Clarke, but the next part of the story, the only logical continuation, is that Gi'ah would go full protector of Skrulls and using all those new superpowers to destroy any threat to them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

I guess she's only a hero because the show tells us she is, and because it's Emilia Clarke, but the next part of the story, the only logical continuation, is that Gi'ah would go full protector of Skrulls and using all those new superpowers to destroy any threat to them.

Giving orphaned Emilia Clarke super powers never led to a bad outcome.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The smart thing to do with this imo, if you aren't going to adapt the actual storyline which is fine cause it wasn't great and would have and indeed did, ended up totally having unfortunate implications because of how the skrulls were previous depicted, would have been to use it to introduce a bunch of the alien races for a wider galaxy.

Have it be set on the space station Fury was apparently working on at the end of that one Spider-Man film and introduce SWORD properly. Have it be that it's earth setting up an off world embassy/meeting place for various groups to meet Earths representatives and the Skrulls make up a lot of the staff there because they were one of the earliest alien races to become known to Earth.

Fury is on it as the guy who gets poo poo done and knows everybody but he's kinda mostly just puttering around, he'd have a team of old colleagues in various roles on board, then there'd be a couple aliens thrown in and someone officious in charge but deferring to Fury in some aspects.

Then have the various prejudices from the various groups be what's causing issues, have some sort of infiltration and sabotage happening that the Skrulls get blamed for because of their natural abilities making that a common assumption in the galaxy. Then have it actually be some other shadowy group, either earth based (maybe have human supremacists who can become an anti mutant threat to boot in the future or something) or some other alien or extra dimensional beings.

Basically Deep Space 9 but with Fury as Quark cause he knows everyone and everything that's going on and then someone in the Sisko role. I guess Fury could be both kinda.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jesus christ

Sockser posted:

The early D+ shows had a problem of 5 great episodes and then loving up the dismount

This one, well, I'm genuinely excited to see if they still manage to drop the ball despite there being zero stakes

I was right, wow.

Gi'ah being a super-super-super Skrull really fucks up the power balance in the MCU to an unknowable degree unless she gets offed or depowered or anything

Two hundred and fifty million dollars.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I guess I'm going to skip the finale.

I've been watching The Crowded Room, which is a million times better -Tom Holland is so good in it!- I think every other show is a million times better than this.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Lol it's been pointed out on Reddit that Endgame Rhodes being a Skrull means that he went on the mission at the start of Endgame, witnessed the only inhabitant of a deserted life-friendly planet be killed then just didn't mention this to the rest of the Skrulls, who are supposed to be motivated by finding somewhere to live

So, so funny that Maria Hill and Talos died for nothing, literally nothing, not a single goddamn thing was achieved or accomplished due to or after their deaths

Oh my GOD more and more stuff just keeps coming back to me, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Northern Island was loving assassinated outside 10 Downing Street following an order from POTUS, that is nothing less than a declaration of war!!!!!!!!

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 26, 2023

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Sockser posted:

Gi'ah being a super-super-super Skrull really fucks up the power balance in the MCU to an unknowable degree unless she gets offed or depowered or anything

wouldn't be surprised if she never appears or is even mentioned again, honestly

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The process was experimental, it'll wear off, it's fine.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Drax is pretty strong sure but you literally just used a Hulk arm that is infinitely stronger. Also what the gently caress is that hand??

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That was the dumbest poo poo i've ever seen. How in the gently caress did this get made?

Also, it took this episode to make me realize the radiation there was so bad that every human captured should have died from the radiation poisoning months ago.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
This show ending reminds me of the annoying joke people make at Thanksgiving about giving thanks to the giving thanks part being over. What a completely dogshit 6 episodes of trash. My favorite part is that neither Gravik or G'iah have a clue what radiation does, especially considering they have a crop of humans there who are just fine at the end.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Drax is pretty strong sure but you literally just used a Hulk arm that is infinitely stronger. Also what the gently caress is that hand??

This was so loving funny hahaha, stupid little T-Rex hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not content with being bad in its own right, SI decided to take giant heaping shits on Endgame too lol

They took such a bath on this thing, watch them pull a Zazlav and delete it from existence in a month.