Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

TDepressionEarl posted:

three hundred mil is a lot of dosh to fall to three Brazilians on a K-League team in the AFC Champions final

oh wait the saudi public investment fund already owns a third of POSCO, who own the K-League team i was gonna tip

saudis stay winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ulio posted:

Saudi's aren't the smartest businessmen, they have been just lucky to have one of the most important commodities in the history of humanity since last century. This is clearly dumb as poo poo but probably true.

MBS is treating this like a Football Manager save with cheat engine on.

[Edit] see also the PIF investments in Nintendo and ownership of SNK, you can tell MBS was the rich kid with all the video games growing up.

I also tend to buy the logic that it’s bread and circuses for the (very young, male) Saudi population to keep them occupied there (and arguing on Twitter with anyone who calls it a poo poo league) instead of productive things like separating heads from necks and wondering about changing their nation.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Tbf that’s how sports tend to work in most countries

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ulio posted:

Saudi's aren't the smartest businessmen, they have been just lucky to have one of the most important commodities in the history of humanity since last century. This is clearly dumb as poo poo but probably true.

I keep imagining how they formulated this plan and all I can imagine is some Prince’s aide presenting their plan to sportswash Europe and the presentation is just the aide pulling a piece of cloth off an easel to reveal a piece of poster board plastered with the faces of all the best players and a caption that just says “BUY ALL THE BEST FOOTBALLERS.”

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1683531583859376138

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
My man.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wanna see what number the saudis go up to as a counter offer. Will they be desperate enough to do a flat 1 billion up front

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Wanna see what number the saudis go up to as a counter offer. Will they be desperate enough to do a flat 1 billion up front

He should ask for points on the PIF

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ownership of the pro league club of your choice, and you can chop up 1 (one) journalist

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Tbf that’s how sports tend to work in most countries

that's true but you shouldn't say it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Believe it when I see it but if so he's a better man than me. That or he's holding out for more lol.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Just Chamber posted:

Believe it when I see it but if so he's a better man than me. That or he's holding out for more lol.

It is possibly due to this. It would be amazing if he picked up that loyalty bonus on August 1st, then accepted Al-Hilal's offer on the 2nd.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1683788959933952006

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

pik_d posted:

It is possibly due to this. It would be amazing if he picked up that loyalty bonus on August 1st, then accepted Al-Hilal's offer on the 2nd.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1683788959933952006

I would absolutely do this.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Pick up the phone Josh!!!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mbappe is going to turn down the 60m bonus and 700m a year salary to make sure he gets as much pre-season time with the arsenal boys imo.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Why the gently caress does PSG care so much if leaves on a free anyway. Are the qataris skint now

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They're big mad that they can't just throw money at something and have it go their way.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

mila kunis posted:

Why the gently caress does PSG care so much if leaves on a free anyway. Are the qataris skint now

€300m will save a lot of FFP charade ballache

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

mila kunis posted:

Have you seen the prices at salt bae's place?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Mbappe is going to turn down the 60m bonus and 700m a year salary to make sure he gets as much pre-season time with the arsenal boys imo.

:agreed:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1683952513651994626

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

:hmmyes:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Wait what's this about ASM leaving Newcastle. Is it one of those fraud situations where ASM and mbappe go to Saudi but are loaned back to Newcastle?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mbappe is arbitrarily rich anyway, it's possible that he just genuinely wants to play football in europe and not have to move to saudi arabia even though that would make him oligarch-rich instead of just "i can make it so nobody i know ever has to work for a living again"-rich

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it's one year, he'll get a private jet to let him do donuts over paris during the week, and he can buy arsenal afterwards to get fully on board with artetas brain/heart philosophy

do it kylian, reveal football for the wretched beast it has become

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it's one year, he'll get a private jet to let him do donuts over paris during the week, and he can buy arsenal afterwards to get fully on board with artetas brain/heart philosophy

do it kylian, reveal football for the wretched beast it has become

He'll still be less rich than future Arse owner Matty Flamini. Flamini - Arteta - Edu is the eventual center m... Uh ownership and leadership structure of this great club.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Wait what's this about ASM leaving Newcastle. Is it one of those fraud situations where ASM and mbappe go to Saudi but are loaned back to Newcastle?

Nah ASM is gone anyway and he’ll get a big Saudi payday this way too

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Left footed centre back...Fiorentina fans would apparently drive him here so I look forward to him becoming a world beater.

https://twitter.com/SeagullsCentral/status/1684171900325355521?s=20

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Left footed centre back...Fiorentina fans would apparently drive him here so I look forward to him becoming a world beater.

https://twitter.com/SeagullsCentral/status/1684171900325355521?s=20

The Fiorentina fans blame him for the West Ham winner in the Conference final

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Mbappe is already getting paid an obscene amount of money in lieu of properly competitive football and as compensation for the lack of relevancy his football club can offer to him. He might as well go to Saudi Arabia and do the same thing for even more money.

Imagine being Neymar, looking back on your waste of a career while you dredge out some pristine Amazonian wilderness.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TheRat posted:

He was being a pissbaby about it, probably tricked into it by his agent. He then signed a long-term contract right after the window ended.

no he didn't, he signed a one year extension with a wage hike

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dude Ronaldo must be so mad that Mbappe is getting offered 7x his salary.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

UnderFreddy posted:

no he didn't, he signed a one year extension with a wage hike

So what you're saying is that a contract that runs until 2027 is not long term?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
United seem to be spending 70m on Rasmussen Hojlund, a young tall striker who scored a modest amount of goals in Serie A.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TheRat posted:

So what you're saying is that a contract that runs until 2027 is not long term?

it's a bit misleading when his contract before that ran until 2026.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He signed a new contract, it's long term. I don't see how that's misleading.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ulio posted:

Dude Ronaldo must be so mad that Mbappe is getting offered 7x his salary.

It's only about 2x, relax.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mbappe strikes me as a guy who wants to be a football legend. He’s not going to Saudi Arabia. Not now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Mbappe strikes me as a guy who wants to be a football legend. He’s not going to Saudi Arabia. Not now.

That’s the whole thing, even the Saudis recognize it would be just for one year until he goes to Madrid.