Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bold choice to make your cult background a major part of your presentation and then also to name your patreon tiers in extremely culty ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
wasnt her last appearance on this site her roomate pleading to stop sending donations because she was blowing it all on junk food lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Craig K posted:

wasnt her last appearance on this site her roomate pleading to stop sending donations because she was blowing it all on junk food lol
Hmm that sounds more like lowtax

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Her last blog post was in 2021 and her Patreon no longer takes donations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Craig K posted:

Yeah. Also she had apparently adopted a homeless mentally unwell couple who were trashing their home or some drat thing like that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

When it cut to the Jojo music I lost it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
remember richard gamingo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gamingone but not forgotten

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gamingo to the polls

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Danaru posted:

Gamingone but not forgotten

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gamingo to the polls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-nMGtaAoXw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
chainsaw man is the mfin best

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

chainsaw man is the mfin best

This is a discussion that our community needs to have.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I agree. Everyone should read chainsaw man and then we can discuss it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buschmaki posted:

remember richard gamingo

Gamingno

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'll just wait for S2 of the anime

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
manga:
- no music
- have to imagine all the voices
- have to read

anime:
- cool music
- voice acting
- reading is gay

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

by both readng the manga and watching the anime you get to enjoy the story twice. once in the manga and then again after youve forgotten some of it thirty years later when the anime finally catches up to the manga. win-win

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(ansem from kingdom heart voice) you see, manga is the animes true... essence

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DailyMK4/status/1684037256728698880?t=yvgiVPvTCpfVjxZfI1XlqA&s=19

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

beats for junkies posted:

I know it's not a hill worth dying on, but calling it "gamergate" was stupid because the -gate suffix gave it more weight than it deserved. Also, the -gate suffix is stupid. Watergate was called that because it happened at the Watergate Hotel! You shouldn't be able to call any news story Thing-gate! That's now how that works! But, like, the entirety of the news/propaganda machine has adopted it and it's not going away any time soon. I'm still annoyed by it.

It was literally started by a Nixon staffer to make what Nixon did seem less bad.

quote:

The adoption of -gate to suggest the existence of a scandal was promoted by William Safire, the conservative New York Times columnist and former Nixon administration speechwriter. As early as September 1974 he wrote of "Vietgate", a proposed pardon of the Watergate criminals and Vietnam War draft dodgers.[9] Subsequently, he coined numerous -gate terms, including Billygate, Briefingate, Contragate, Deavergate, Debategate, Doublebillingsgate (of which he later said "My best [-gate coinage] was the encapsulation of a minor ... scandal as doublebillingsgate"), Frankiegate, Franklingate, Genschergate, Housegate, Iraqgate, Koreagate, Lancegate, Maggiegate, Nannygate, Raidergate, Scalpgate, Travelgate, Troopergate and Whitewatergate. The New York magazine suggested that his aim in doing so was "rehabilitating Nixon by relentlessly tarring his successors with the same rhetorical brush – diminished guilt by association".[10] Safire himself later said to author Eric Alterman that he "may have been seeking to minimize the relative importance of the crimes committed by his former boss with this silliness".[11]

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

tell me the origin story for these smilies:

:mrgw: :greencube: :henget: :whitewater:

also :smith:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

:smith: is from this thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1548543

which i got from this thread that I bookmarked and never read: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

oh nice, wednesday season two dropped already?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

too bad the images are dead

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

i say this as someone who has posted a lot about politics over the years: goons, not everything is about politics

I’m fifteen pages behind but I feel compelled to quote this and say: bullshit

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

VostokProgram posted:

too bad the images are dead

curses, well iirc every image was :smith: but on a body as bad luck befell him as outlined in the caption

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

The one thing I've learned about AI, is that it's all mediocre schlop, and even the best presentation of it is weaker on it's own than as a part of something human made. What it's best at is poo poo that normal people will never care about, unassuming backgrounds, random noise, normal and bump maps.

Stuff that needs to just be good enough to not be bad. No-one's ever said, Go look at Amelia McNormalMap, her Normal Maps revolutionized the world of art.

you're wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCN0Yx2Vbs

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I trust you, because I'm not going to watch an 8 minute video about rocks.

e: I meant that in a funny way, not in a bitchy way, the video ended up being interesting.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I will not be watching the video. in an unfunny way

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

e: I meant that in a funny way, not in a bitchy way, the video ended up being interesting.

yeah it's a good video just boba of COURSE someone on the internet had a video about "what's the best rock wall texture"

also the best anime is megalobox

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Actually I want to get the last word about AI and *notices a sniper dot on my forehead* you know what nevermind.

Arivia posted:

yeah it's a good video just boba of COURSE someone on the internet had a video about "what's the best rock wall texture"

also the best anime is megalobox

Honestly, it's fascinating how many people took ap icture of a wall and said "gently caress it let'r'rip."

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

im saying this

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
See denji is going through Maslow's hierarchy of needs and meanwhile

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I didn't much care for chainsaw man. It kinda skeeved me out

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Everyone makes mistakes

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

you think that's bad just wait til you find out where the Roblox oof sound comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

vyelkin posted:

you think that's bad just wait til you find out where the Roblox oof sound comes from

Tommy Tallarico of course.