Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why would I be happy for a player ? their lives are already blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the sixers traded 1sts are protected top 6 and top 8 iirc

time to tank

fultz and Simmons flaming out was not great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Two first picks of the draft and they got a back up PG and a 24 yo malcontent who doesn’t play

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
don't forget Big Jah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

two first overalls and two third overalls in a four year period and they netted one good regular season player

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

his career arc has shades of Kevin Garnett and I hope Philly fans are as happy for him as Wolves fans were for KG when he won it all elsewhere

impossible premise, Philly fans are never happy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Your Favorite Player belongs on the Spurs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nonsense posted:

Your Favorite Player belongs on the Spurs

I wouldn't call myself a Spurs fan but I do root for my favorites to land there because I want them to win rings.

Also a big fan of Duncan from back in the day. Sports in general needs more boring superstars. Most people are boring, so let's give kids role models they can actually live up to.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Looking forward to The Process II. Bring back Hinkie. It's was a lot of fun unless you were a sixers fan

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Move over Dray, a new challenger has emerged:
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1680708421882978305

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Azathoth posted:

his career arc has shades of Kevin Garnett and I hope Philly fans are as happy for him as Wolves fans were for KG when he won it all elsewhere

If Harden won another title it would be on his 5th team whereas KG did on his 2nd team the first year he arrived. Dude doesn't have the reputation of being loyal or a hard worker the same way KG did

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Yossarian-22 posted:

If Harden won another title it would be on his 5th team whereas KG did on his 2nd team the first year he arrived. Dude doesn't have the reputation of being loyal or a hard worker the same way KG did

Azathoth is referring to Joel Embiid there, no?

Joel works like hell to get back from his various injuries. I can see why fans look at Chet and Wemby with skepticism when more muscular and toned big men like Embiid and Anthony Davis can still get sideswiped out of months.

Yossarian is right though that winning in the first year after your move has a jenesaisqoui. Offseason is ring hunting season. Lillard get off the pot everyone else needs to use the deal zone.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i was about to say toned big men like shaq or yao ming, but domantas sabonis and robert williams iii are contemporary big men who look like they can win a championship if they can stay healthy on the right team

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

TDepressionEarl posted:

Azathoth is referring to Joel Embiid there, no?

Joel works like hell to get back from his various injuries. I can see why fans look at Chet and Wemby with skepticism when more muscular and toned big men like Embiid and Anthony Davis can still get sideswiped out of months.

Yossarian is right though that winning in the first year after your move has a jenesaisqoui. Offseason is ring hunting season. Lillard get off the pot everyone else needs to use the deal zone.

someone like a marcus smart type guy will dive for a loose ball and because wembys knees are shoulder level, will make solid contact and wembys leg will bend the wrong way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just thought of this "did I ever Tyler you're my Herro"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just thought of this "Tyler Durden? More like Skylar Durden aka Tyler Herro because he flies high for his dunks"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/nikotaughtyou/status/1682076123709030414?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s legit lol

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

N: Kyle Anderson (6'9'' Forward for the Minnesota Timberwolves, tragically struck twice by his own teammates for trying to instill the will to upset the eventual champions) obtained Chinese nationality this morning and met Yao Ming, chairman of the Chinese Basketball Association.

The CBA confirms this in a post on its official Weibo account.

v: Yao read the C.Ronaldo & Mbappe to KSA news, and was like jeez I can get a real small forward on our World Cup squad for like an autographed ball and an electric scooter.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fart simpson posted:

i found the english language version article from shenzhen daily. 2018: http://www.szdaily.com/content/2018-08/03/content_21056505.htm

what a sweet story. now i feel like a jerk for being so glib.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Slomo rules and I hope he brings glory to the Chinese team

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Congrats to Kyle but man I hope he's mentally prepared for all the freaks that are going to take this as carte blanche to be weird and racist at him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been watching some Liberty games and they take a big fat curly poo poo on the loser Nets. Wish I could have four court side seats.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DiscountDildos posted:

Congrats to Kyle but man I hope he's mentally prepared for all the freaks that are going to take this as carte blanche to be weird and racist at him.
Nothing new. He can kick Enes Freedom's rear end if he needs to.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/SteveMerkle9/status/1683856886402097153?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

5/304 ???

holy cow

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is an insane amount of money but if they let Jaylen walk everyone would be rightfully dunking on them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are they going to be in the second apron next year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah they didn’t really have a choice from either a PR perspective or a championship window perspective. their out was trading him after they lost to the Nets and I get why they didn’t move then either

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they can still trade him I guess. his value is still very high

alternatively he can just demand a trade when his eligible to be traded

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

trade kicker makes it hard

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Marcus Smart had a trade kicker and they moved him. Obviously a lot more with Jaylen's kicker but if things got bad and they wanted him gone, they'd eat it to get a return.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

trade kickers can not bring you past what the max is for the year you are traded I think

so if he’s at the top already idk if it will be anything

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol when the offseason started I felt kind of bad about the Kings giving 80M to Harrison Barnes but now that seems like chump change

More and more I'm liking the Kings' "running it back" strategy. Plus they got Sasha Vezenkov who looks like a baller

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1683891456107216911?t=sflzpnvZcco9cZ_ExCyzgg&s=19

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oof, getting clowned on by Ben Shapiro, that's gotta sting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Azathoth posted:

oof, getting clowned on by Ben Shapiro, that's gotta sting

not really, he got the super max so he’d be worth the exact same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah it's poor joke construction no matter how you look at it. Ben couldn't even get his poo poo off with an open look