Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds remade in the style of Link’s Awakening on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

People said that toys to life game featuring starfox (starlink?) was good, but I haven't really played it much.

Starlink...huh...they should do a zelda in outer space

It's no Star Fox substitute but it's good for an open-world Ubisoft game. Kind of best as a nice zone-out game to play while watching/listening to something else.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

:hmmyes: Indeed. They gotta move past Starfox 64, preferably by expanding on Command. That was some good poo poo. There were a lot of endings that had great potential for followups. But they followed that with just... doing Starfox 64 again. Okay.

Assuming they ever make another Star Fox game that is

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
They should make a Star Fox game out of the canonical ending to Command

Star Fox G-Zero!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Star Fox G-Zero!

A lot of Command’s endings have sequel potential honestly

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I liked Star Fox Assault and I thought it was fun when I was 10

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Star Fox G-Zero!

I made a fake Star Fox Zero E3 photoshop a year or two before Star Fox Zero was announced, except I was claiming they were mashing up Star Fox and F-Zero. My idea would have been better.

If Nintendo is ever going to revive a dormant franchise now is that time (or I guess several years ago when development started) for those fans to really hope. Because if one does happen it's almost guaranteed to be the best selling game in franchise history due to the Switch's popularity and secure a place for it going forward. We just need to keep hoping for Star Fox 3 or F-Zero Rammers. But hey maybe Star Fox 64 2D HD or F-Zero GXXX come out and get us that new game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I would also accept a remake of or a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising (preferably with the same voice cast returning)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t really like Star Fox Would rather they be working on anything else

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Willo567 posted:

I liked Star Fox Assault and I thought it was fun when I was 10

I got it a year or so back and enjoyed it. Got a good deal on a copy that came with the strategy guide too :allears:.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sin and Punishment 3 when?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo tried to "move past" Star Fox 64 like 3 or 4 times and everyone decided they hated the new ideas/concepts in Command, Assault, and Zero. Not that I'm disagreeing, I didn't really like them either but at that point what else can you do with the IP. If you want another Star Fox game you have to move past Star Fox itself--indie game called EX Zodiac is quietly finishing up early access this year and it's basically Star Fox 3 for the SNES.

I'd sooner expect a new Punch-Out or a Mother 3 port before we ever get a new Star Fox, I can't see them ever getting on that series again after Zero. They even had Platinum helping with that last one but poisonpilled it with the stupid controller poo poo.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The people cry out for Dinosaur Planet

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Just give me a Star Fox game that is just one of the Rogue Squadron games reskinned.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo tried to "move past" Star Fox 64 like 3 or 4 times and everyone decided they hated the new ideas/concepts in Command, Assault, and Zero. Not that I'm disagreeing, I didn't really like them either but at that point what else can you do with the IP. If you want another Star Fox game you have to move past Star Fox itself--indie game called EX Zodiac is quietly finishing up early access this year and it's basically Star Fox 3 for the SNES.

I'd sooner expect a new Punch-Out or a Mother 3 port before we ever get a new Star Fox, I can't see them ever getting on that series again after Zero. They even had Platinum helping with that last one but poisonpilled it with the stupid controller poo poo.

You could make a game with the gameplay people like, modern graphics, new levels and a new story plus some features like online play. No one is expecting a deep story but getting two remakes of Star Fox and a 3D remake of one of those remakes is pretty wacky.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
If you have another platform / PC, Chorus kind of scratched the Star Fox itch, it's got some good dogfighting. Might be worth a peek. It's on gamepass iirc.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"Ex-Zodiac" on Steam appears to be a game that's heavily inspired by SNES Starfox, haven't personally played it but it has good reviews.

ZCKaiser posted:

Just give me a Star Fox game that is just one of the Rogue Squadron games reskinned.
I never considered something like this and now I'm sad it will probably never happen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

You could make a game with the gameplay people like, modern graphics, new levels and a new story plus some features like online play. No one is expecting a deep story but getting two remakes of Star Fox and a 3D remake of one of those remakes is pretty wacky.

Nintendo won't even make "a new fzero but with better grafix and new tracks" because they need to justify it with "but what's the gimmick!?" to the point where we'll just get an F-zero GX port instead someday. Honestly I believe that's why we've just had Star Fox 64 over and over with new coats of paint---clearly they don't believe they can surpass what was done lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That is why there will never be another Mario Kart game

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I'm two Chapter 1's into Octopath Traveller 2 (Warrior and Merchant) and I'm really liking it. I enjoyed the first one but only ended up playing about half of it.

I can't pin down exactly what's been improved for the sequel but it all feels better and is grabbing my interest more from the start.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Nintendo has no problem making a new Mario Kart for new systems. MK8D was just a rehash of MK8+DLC because Nintendo pretends MK8 (and the Wii U in general) didn't exist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't believe a game called MarioKart 8 Deluxe was just a rehash of MarioKart 8

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Flying Zamboni posted:

I'm two Chapter 1's into Octopath Traveller 2 (Warrior and Merchant) and I'm really liking it. I enjoyed the first one but only ended up playing about half of it.

I can't pin down exactly what's been improved for the sequel but it all feels better and is grabbing my interest more from the start.

the characters and stories for Octo2 are absolutely better than the first game, alongside a lot of quality-of-life stuff and more party interactions/tandem stories as you'll see later.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Larryb posted:

A lot of Command’s endings have sequel potential honestly

Right? Right? That's what I'm saying! So much good poo poo in there to work with!

DLC Inc posted:

People are dumb and Nintendo should not listen to them. :colbert: They should instead listen to me and I say they should follow in the same vein as Command.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Star Fox Command might be one of the worst games that I payed full retail for. Those endings were fun though

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Secret successor to Star Fox is actually the Pokémon Snap games.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

Secret successor to Star Fox is actually the Pokémon Snap games.
I wouldn't agree, but The New Pokemon Snap was quite good, and feels like one of those "slept on" 1st party Switch games. My only complaint is they didn't have a level that focused on electric and steel pokemon. Like an abandoned factory or power plant or something.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Nintendo can't make an FZero on the Switch because then they'd need to call it F-Zero SX and they don't want to step on that Microsoft branding.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Nintendo can't make an FZero on the Switch because then they'd need to call it F-Zero SX and they don't want to step on that Microsoft branding.

F-Zero Sex

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

They could call it F-Zero Switch Z. F-Zero SZ.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
You'll all find that Dragalia Lost 2 is actually in the works.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bring
Back
Mike
Jones

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Morpheus posted:

They could just call it The F-Zero like they do with movies etc.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Bring
Back
Mike
Jones

:hmmyes:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They should’ve made a sequel on the Wii U and called it F-U

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

jackhunter64 posted:

I would pay £39.99 for Star Fox 64 3D HD.

I'd love a 1080p 60FPS remaster of the original Star Fox with the original flat-shaded visuals but a longer draw distance.

Toromi
Jun 25, 2023

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Nintendo has no problem making a new Mario Kart for new systems. MK8D was just a rehash of MK8+DLC because Nintendo pretends MK8 (and the Wii U in general) didn't exist.

MK8D prints money too, sold 53 million units and they didn't even have to design a new game. They re-released so many Wii U titles because almost nobody had the Wii U and so porting these games which most of their audience never played was cheap and just as good as releasing a new title.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

pyrotek posted:

I'd love a 1080p 60FPS remaster of the original Star Fox with the original flat-shaded visuals but a longer draw distance.

I would pay £44.99 for this.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I'd play the hell out of a Star Fox roguelite. It could have the tight feeling of doing a run through the solar system in one sitting just like in 64, but each run makes you stronger or gives you more to work with. Have the first one play out as normal, then Andross (or whoever) reveals their new time-loop macguffin, which forces the Star Fox team to do the run over and over again until they can figure out how to stop it. You could unlock new power-ups that change your battle strategy - continuous laser fire but no charging up, or all bombs, which fire slower but have infinite ammo, etc. Challenging objectives that permanently unlock new planets/routes, some could be secret exits like in 64 but maybe others are like "defeat star wolf on this planet 10 times." Unlock Peppy, Slippy and Falco as playable characters, and others like Bill and Kat from 64 or Miyu and Fay from 2 as call-in assistants. The story would advance as you go like in Hades, with Great Fox as the between-runs hub world.

Roguelites have gotten really big, and I think are closer to the formula that worked best for the series than trying to expand it into a long campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I've posted about it before but Star Fox 2 actually has a really solid format, it's a great little 2 hour roguelite with a good mix of moment-to-moment gameplay and broader strategy map plate spinning dandori. If Nintendo released an updated version with the same gameplay but better graphics and a framerate that doesn't peak in the teens I think it would be a ton of fun.