Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah ET scared the poo poo out of me as a kid, I'm with the idiot here.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

empty posting calories.

get his rear end.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/moms4liberty/status/1683658282987053059?s=46

la_knight_huh.mp4

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

are they implying that health care doesn’t belong in schools?

better tell all the school nurses

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Judging by the hashtag and user name, they apparently think only parents should be allowed to perform any kind of healthcare for their children, and not the schools they spend the greater part of a day in.

"Mommy, I scraped my knee while playing and the school nurse gave me a Winnie Pooh bandaid."
"My parental rights are being infringed upon!"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Moms 4 liberty is also that group that's gotten attention for qouting hitler multiple times in their newsletter.
Specifically a quote about controlling the future by controlling the children. They're astroturfed like the teaparty, so absolutely would push to get school nurses further reduced in role, qualifications, and pay.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what the gently caress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let's be real, they want to kill public schools altogether.

They think they've finally got the perfect wedge to force the issue into the conversation with all this "groomer" poo poo, and they're not stopping there

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Schools are for learning about GEORGE WASHINGTON and for PRAYER. If your child does anything else at your local school like eating lunch, learning algebra (Islamic Wizardry), or getting a band-aid they are being BRAINWASHED into TRANSGENDER COMMUNISM.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Children should suffer until they're adults and ready for the workhouse (age 12)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3887592&pagenumber=801&perpage=40#post533193022

In this case I think IT security were the idiots, but lmao.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah I feel like "I'm an IT monkey and I got goatse's when I tried to do a security awareness thing at work" is a "let's not do that again".

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Data Graham posted:

Let's be real, they want to kill public schools altogether.

They think they've finally got the perfect wedge to force the issue into the conversation with all this "groomer" poo poo, and they're not stopping there
You're right but also school nurses are mandatory reporters who call cps on these people for abusing their kids so it's good to them to go after school nursing before other aspects of dismantling the system, too

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
If you are corporate IT and you are involving my personal phone with a gift card scam, you are literally doing a crime where I live. Getting goatsed is definitely the preferable option.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're looking to remove all mandated reporters from the school (nurses, guidance counselors, social workers) until all that's left are overworked underpaid teachers wrangling classes of thirty or forty kids while trying to remember if they're allowed to mention that black people exist.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They're looking to remove all mandated reporters from the school
Does that not also include the teachers? And if not, why not?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Teachers aren't going to do much mandated reporting when they're constantly terrified that they might be fired or even arrested for mentioning slavery or one of their students announcing that they have two dads.

Pope Corky the IX has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jul 26, 2023

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I guarantee you that Moms for "Liberty" is astroturfed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Blessed fools you all who are unaware of Moms for Liberty

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Moms for Liberty was founded by a woman who lost a school board election in Florida in 2020 to harass the woman who beat her, but they do get a poo poo ton of donations and organizational support from rich shitheads. I don’t know if that counts as astroturfing.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's funny when the :tinfoil: loops around full circle.
https://twitter.com/100ItsLevel/status/1681429791143264256?t=TDvfl4tRoMQ-MLf8MCugiQ&s=19

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Philippe posted:

Yeah I feel like "I'm an IT monkey and I got goatse's when I tried to do a security awareness thing at work" is a "let's not do that again".

They were sent to his personal phone so his workplace can eat an rear end. One rear end in particular.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr Christmas posted:

Moms for Liberty was founded by a woman who lost a school board election in Florida in 2020 to harass the woman who beat her, but they do get a poo poo ton of donations and organizational support from rich shitheads. I don’t know if that counts as astroturfing.

It absolutely does.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Fighting Trousers posted:

I have never actually watched ET as an adult because I saw it when I was 4 or 5 and it loving terrified me. Not because of the alien, but the scene with the government dudes in their white encounter suits reaching through the windows?

NOPE. gently caress all the way off with that, Spielberg.

Oh hell, that part terrified me for years.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

EL BROMANCE posted:

They were sent to his personal phone so his workplace can eat an rear end. One rear end in particular.

I assumed "lets not do that again" meant never do the exercise again, not never send Old Friend to us again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fighting Trousers posted:

I have never actually watched ET as an adult because I saw it when I was 4 or 5 and it loving terrified me. Not because of the alien, but the scene with the government dudes in their white encounter suits reaching through the windows?

NOPE. gently caress all the way off with that, Spielberg.

I'm pretty sure ET is absolutely meant to be scary and weird particularly from a kid's perspective.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
ET started out as a horror movie. Some of the ideas got recycled for poltergeist.

Trash Goblin
Dec 19, 2020

Has anyone in any official capacity ever reminded these fuckwits that, if they don't like how public schools do things, they have the freedom to pull them out and homeschool their kids themselves? Or shove them in a Christian school?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Trash Goblin posted:

Has anyone in any official capacity ever reminded these fuckwits that, if they don't like how public schools do things, they have the freedom to pull them out and homeschool their kids themselves? Or shove them in a Christian school?

They want to destroy public schools.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Context: Musk stole the @x handle from someone that had it forever, and is now trying to pretend it's always been the company's main account:

Definitely a place I would trust with all my financial info, yes sir!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Trash Goblin posted:

"Good idea, let me get my kids away from these Wokes! So how do we get star-"

What? :psyduck: Is he supposedly smuggling a trafficked child under his jacket? Illuminati hand signals? What am I supposed to be looking at?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Baron von Eevl posted:

ET started out as a horror movie. Some of the ideas got recycled for poltergeist.

Explains a lot, but I get the feeling more Spielberg intended for it to be a mix of tones, especially since it serves as a thematic counterpoint to Close Encounters.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This guy is replying to Kevin Spacey being acquitted of sex crimes with the take “rape might be bad but actually it’s even worse to point out that someone rapes”

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Literally the plot of Attack the Block and look how well that turned out.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Read After Burning posted:

What? :psyduck: Is he supposedly smuggling a trafficked child under his jacket? Illuminati hand signals? What am I supposed to be looking at?

Disregarding that he doesn't seem to know what movies are, I *think* he's saying that paedo hunts are a senseless distraction from genuine issues. Which is true, but to him 'genuine issues' would mean '((lizard men)) are stealing your orgone'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1684235928410238986

Somehow I didn't think the '50 million$ vs a meeting with Jay Z' prompt was a template people would be using for everything, even dating.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1681438660389142544#m

:ok:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

He's definitely up his own rear end, that's for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

RareAcumen posted:

https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1684235928410238986

Somehow I didn't think the '50 million$ vs a meeting with Jay Z' prompt was a template people would be using for everything, even dating.

it would be so much less work to just be gay