Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

birthday was last week, got enough steam gift cards from friends + my savings I use for buying stupid toys to buy a steam deck. Ordered it on Saturday. I'm holding it now. I remember these things being "order it now, get it next quarter" a year or so ago, and it said 2 weeks shipping on Steam itself. Wtf.

this owns, can't wait to play all my silly little metroidvanias on the go

E: I never knew I needed paddles on controller grips until I got an 8bitdo Bluetooth controller on my bday itself, mapped a couple face buttons to the two of them and loved the hell out of it. this thing has FOUR?! :eyepop:

bawk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owl Inspector posted:

From software has never heard of “Bloodborne.”

And if they know what is good for them, they will keep saying that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bloodborin'

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

demon souls was in the nvidia geforcenow leak that has been extremely accurate so something was in the pipeline at some point

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

to add insult to injury there's video of bloodborne running at 60fps and full resolution on a PS5 devkit, but you can't have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9003aiiBvI

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
What's the deal with that GeForce leak anyway? As far as I know none of those games are playable on GeForce now. Did they get punished for leaking and have them withheld?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New DLC for Heavenly Bodies came out today, game was a riot with a friend so I can't wait for more of it. They have 4p co-op now as well which seems insane considering how annoying (in a good way) it is with only two people.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*leaning on gnarled cane* bloodborne? sonny, bloodborne’s been outta print for nigh on thirty years now…

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Resdfru posted:

What's the deal with that GeForce leak anyway? As far as I know none of those games are playable on GeForce now. Did they get punished for leaking and have them withheld?

nvidia offers a private version of geforce now to allow PC games to be playtested remotely, so the games might have been on there for that purpose

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rpg-legends-baldurs-gate-beyond

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean that's an insanely good bundle if you are somehow a huge crpg fan but don't own those games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I understand why they release bundles like these to ride the wave of new release hype but who are the people going "welp Baldur's Gate 3 is out in a week, but first it's time to play 250+ hours of these 25 year-old RPGs with the most legendary janky rear end gameplay you've ever seen."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Nowadays I rarely buy games to immediately play them. I buy them when they’re cheap, not necessarily when I want to play them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The truest pro move is to buy games to never play them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That bundle seems like it's designed to gently caress with OCD individuals who feel like they can't "jump to" BG3 without "catching up".

YOU KNOW THE TYPE.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Someone mentioned annoying nav controls earlier, and I gotta say -- :argh: Games where you can't cycle from the left-most option to the right-most with another tape of Q or vice versa with E :argh:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I notice the bundle is basically a $12 bundle for 8 classic D&D-turned-videogame ones, and a whole other tier for $18 to get Mythforce. Anyone know anything about that game, besides the obvious? (From the trailer, it looks like Hexen in 1980s cartoon style, basically?)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

The truest pro move is to buy games to never play them.

:hmmyes:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Extremely looking forward to helldivers 2. I got into 1 about 10 years late but still had an incredible time. I hope 2 makes the transition to 3d as well as risk of rain did.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Eason the Fifth posted:

Extremely looking forward to helldivers 2. I got into 1 about 10 years late but still had an incredible time. I hope 2 makes the transition to 3d as well as risk of rain did.

The one thing I saw missing from that trailer was vehicles. Helldiver without vehicles means fewer chances to accidentally run your whole team over.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Akratic Method posted:

I notice the bundle is basically a $12 bundle for 8 classic D&D-turned-videogame ones, and a whole other tier for $18 to get Mythforce. Anyone know anything about that game, besides the obvious? (From the trailer, it looks like Hexen in 1980s cartoon style, basically?)
i dunno if they announced the launch price anywhere but it is not on the steam page so its hard to judge the bundle value here. theres a demo for it though.

it strikes me as kind of weird to put a game in a bundle before it even launches. like they have no faith in it launching well or something.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i dunno if they announced the launch price anywhere but it is not on the steam page so its hard to judge the bundle value here. theres a demo for it though.

it strikes me as kind of weird to put a game in a bundle before it even launches. like they have no faith in it launching well or something.

Mythforce is out on EGS for $30ish I think

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh was it in egs jail? would explain things i guess.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

I know Sony published Bloodborne, but does that necessarily mean they have the rights to publish Bloodborne on other platforms? FROM Software is the developer, and they may just not have the resources to make it happen. They are busy with other things. Does Sony have the rights to shop Bloodborne around and have another developer do it?
It's the same situation as Demon's Souls. If another dev did it, it would probably be Bluepoint. As far as I know Fromsoft doesn't have the right to do anything with Bloodborne if they wanted to.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Mordja posted:

The one thing I saw missing from that trailer was vehicles. Helldiver without vehicles means fewer chances to accidentally run your whole team over.

:hmmyes:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Weren’t Helldiver vehicles from one of the DLCs or is my memory on the fritz again

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

Weren’t Helldiver vehicles from one of the DLCs or is my memory on the fritz again

There are vehicles in vanilla but the DLC added a bunch more.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Okay yeah in that case agreed, lemme blast Fortunate Son from them as well

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

claw game handjob posted:

That bundle seems like it's designed to gently caress with OCD individuals who feel like they can't "jump to" BG3 without "catching up".

YOU KNOW THE TYPE.

I AM the type.

But also these have gone so aggressively on sale so often that it's hard to imagine anyone being both interested and not already having them. Wild.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

disposablewords posted:

I AM the type.

But also these have gone so aggressively on sale so often that it's hard to imagine anyone being both interested and not already having them. Wild.

It's me! I have never played any of those games, they've always been vaguely on my list but never got around to it, and they never came up in a sale at a time where I was in the mood to commit. But I'll impulse buy them now to play in winter, since I won't get baldur's gate 3 until it drops significantly in price after a long time

So I reckon I'll grab these and add them to the ever growing pile of classic games that, from time to time, in the depths of winter, I whip out and work through

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

exquisite tea posted:

who are the people going "welp Baldur's Gate 3 is out in a week, but first it's time to play 250+ hours of these 25 year-old RPGs with the most legendary janky rear end gameplay you've ever seen."

me, im playing through baldur's gate 1&2 right now in anticipation

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Akratic Method posted:

Played Mythforce at NextFest, came across as a stylishly-presented, but mediocre-to-play 80's saturday morning cartoon version of Gunfire Reborn.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Jossar posted:

Played Mythforce at NextFest, came across as a stylishly-presented, but mediocre-to-play 80's saturday morning cartoon version of Gunfire Reborn.

Echoing this sentiment as well: goofy and stylish on the surface, but the actual gameplay felt quite mediocre and nothing to write home about. I wouldn't feel any compulsion to put in the extra money into that bundle just to get it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean that's an insanely good bundle if you are somehow a huge crpg fan but don't own those games

I own these games but on CD and DVD.

I no longer have a CD or DVD drive on my desktop.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Akratic Method posted:

Wrath of the Righteous fairly new and good value, so I assume you're also paying for that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

repiv posted:

still pending:

Demon Souls
I hope it's the original Demon's Souls and not the remake but somehow I doubt it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Demon's Souls, and Gran Turismo 7 are what I want the most on PC.

absolutely, I'd kill for both of these at this point, no other racing game hits the right notes for me like GT

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Looks like the Baldur's Gate bundle removed Mythforce?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good soup! posted:

absolutely, I'd kill for both of these at this point, no other racing game hits the right notes for me like GT

At least we get a new Forza Motorsport this year, but that game has raised a lot of red flags with me. Small selection of tracks, and the RPG mechanics for cars hasn’t been very convincing when turn10 describes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it's kind of wild how they let the licenses for forza motorsport 7 expire and delisted it from stores when it was still the most recent entry in the series

there's a two year gap where you just can't/couldn't buy a forza motorsport game, any of them