Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
That said my man had a lot to say about ghost rockets
.. look it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

all i know is if my dog snifs their poops and starts growling thats war

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Scornful Sexbot posted:

watching the hearing was incredible and it rekindled my interest in UFOs and trans-dimensional anomalies/astral projection - is there a primer somewhere of resources I could use to learn more about either of these topics????????? I'd like to try astral projection

I've tried the gateway experience and haven't yet gotten anything from it, the one oobe session I've got the most out of is one of the techniques taught by William buhlman in this:

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/products/out-of-body-techniques-by-william-buhlman?_pos=1&_sid=15f43e503&_ss=r&variant=45019252916541

I can't remember the name of the technique but he talks you into relaxing and then really imagining you are somewhere else which you can easily see, touch and so on.

I repeated it for a few nights and then during one session had the sudden experience that I'd been tipped backwards out of bed (head shooting down, feet shooting up)

The shock of it immediately jolted me wide awake as in "holy poo poo something happened".

I tried a few times after and had no luck but keep meaning to go back and try again. I think the problem is i get my expectations too high each time rather than just relaxing and going with the flow.

Edit: it's the target technique.

mr_jolly has issued a correction as of 21:05 on Jul 26, 2023

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
That was really entertaining and loads better than I thought it'd be. Gutted we can't see what happens in the scifs (?). Also I'd watch one on these misc metal orbs

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

You don't need weird outlandish conspiracies about whether the world is ready or whatever, literally just basic historical materialist analysis.

Could also be argued the other way around, imho - sitting on those findings and putting a lid in the hopes to collect all the advantages with a breakthrough. However, turns out alien tech isnt videogame research points (I am lmaoing as I am typing this poo poo) and there weren’t even starting points of reference to consider how to approach

Decades pass, nothing of the expected happens, China has successfully broke hegemony etc, the people who are sitting on it have not delivered much and got billions; a bunch of material circumstances emerge for people within the hegemon to try for a hail mary that might turns things around

Like someone posted earlier, suddenly someone(s) autistic enough to be really competent and hold their ideals sincerely against the façade of empire is a thing that happened, which is an evidence of the declining empire and increasing self-destructive friction by its ruling classes

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Not expecting a lot and being grateful for morsels is imo pretty important in meditative practice just like in UFO disclosure and perhaps most of life

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Just caught up on 1300+ unreads

Summary: :sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

Pie in the Sky posted:

Multiple colleagues of Grusch have gotten physically injured by UAPs AND people in the government!!!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh poo poo he's doing the Flatland explanation. Extradimensional aitees it is then

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy poo poo holographic universe

Pie in the Sky posted:

"Billions of light years"

D-Pad posted:

It's absolutely wild to me that we've gotten to a place where a very highly placed intelligence official (full bird!) is testifying under oath to congress strongly implying the government murdered people to cover up possession of NHI craft. Like how loving crazy is that?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

like what the gently caress imagine that yesterday I got to learn from you guys of a UFO retrieval operation from Mussolini's Italy which literally got me WHAT THE gently caress out loud here then the Vatican is involved and right now I am watching a livestream of the American congress on disclosure with high clearance testimonies

the escalation of usual reality to a cool homebrew Storyteller/X-COM setting has been quite sudden lmao

Shneak posted:

Holy poo poo they have alien pilot bodies :stare:

Pie in the Sky posted:

"I can give you a specific cooperative AND hostile witness list"

Pie in the Sky posted:

"Are these things interested in our nuclear capabilities"

"yes"

"yes"

"yes"

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Catching up on the thread. I did it, I experienced ontological shock. Yes! Yes!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't believe all of Ufology 101 and 102 is being confirmed before Congress right now

It's real. All of it

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ufology 101 real and confirmed (tictac, Vandenberg, Elgin AFB, USA government is running disinfo campaign to discredit reports, pilots see UFOs allllllllllll the loving time)
Ufology 102 plausibly real but needs further concrete confirmation (the aitees hate our nukes, people have been harassed/assassinated by deep state to cover this up, Havana syndrome is from working with alien technology, USA has a large alien craft in their possession, the ufo crafts are piloted by "biologic bodies" that are non-human, Department of Energy nuclear classification is being used/abused to cover this up, Raytheon/Lockheed Martin has UFO tech)

my bony fealty posted:

imagine youre out flying your billion dollar death machine, thinking about when you'll finally be able to shoot down a perfidious Chinaman, and you see this fucker pop up

Bilirubin posted:

8 days after 18 July

Its both aitee options lmao

Gnomocide posted:

That was rad as gently caress, suck it all naysayers who insisted nobody get their alien hopes up

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

stop waiting for these boring loser rear end govt ppl to tell you what's correct, and take your shaken up worldview and use it to explore new ideas, you absolutely lovely people. there's no reason for you to submit to loving congress of all things as the gatekeepers of what is. Go loving find it omgggggggggggg its not that hard

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Could also be argued the other way around, imho - sitting on those findings and putting a lid in the hopes to collect all the advantages with a breakthrough. However, turns out alien tech isnt videogame research points (I am lmaoing as I am typing this poo poo) and there weren’t even starting points of reference to consider how to approach

Decades pass, nothing of the expected happens, China has successfully broke hegemony etc, the people who are sitting on it have not delivered much and got billions; a bunch of material circumstances emerge for people within the hegemon to try for a hail mary that might turns things around

Like someone posted earlier, suddenly someone(s) autistic enough to be really competent and hold their ideals sincerely against the façade of empire is a thing that happened, which is an evidence of the declining empire and increasing self-destructive friction by its ruling classes

I think part of the real reason this was originally hidden so well was cold war fears and we are still getting over the cold war hangover in regards to this stuff.

Like if it had been revealed at the height of the cold war the US had alien technology and was working to reverse engineer it there is every possibility the other side makes a calculation that they need to put a stop to that by whatever means necessary before the US achieves a breakthrough. At the very least the natsec people in the US would have been extremely concerned that's the conclusion the other side would come too. You can't even risk letting the USSR find out we have alien tech or they might first strike us to prevent us from leapfrogging them so far we could wipe them out in seconds with no possibility of stopping us.

I would imagine that is still a concern for the non-disclosure side. They absolutely think Putin or Xi might do something drastic if they let this get out so they are doing everything they can to keep a lid on it, but unfortunately for them the cats out of the bag it's only a matter of time.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

goochtit posted:

Just caught up on 1300+ unreads

Summary: :sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

Bahaha thanks for this recap, it's been a wild ride today.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

All the reddit normals are acting like Grusch is just some run of the mill kook that got pulled in off the street. With his credentials he's either a super elaborate op for reasons or he's completely insane and managing to pass for just a nerdly intel officer. For people who pride themselves on rationality there's no other rational explanation. If he starts a ufo video reaction channel on Youtube I reserve the right to take that back.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I may have finally started day drinking.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

I think ITT we all reserve the right to take pretty much anything back.

But leaning in is more fun right now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

All the reddit normals are acting like Grusch is just some run of the mill kook that got pulled in off the street. With his credentials he's either a super elaborate op for reasons or he's completely insane and managing to pass for just a nerdly intel officer. For people who pride themselves on rationality there's no other rational explanation. If he starts a ufo video reaction channel on Youtube I reserve the right to take that back.

that type of person can't really handle any world view outside of what Western corporate media and the natsec state feed them, it's not their fault they have been brainwashed into being idiot libs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We're all just part of the universal consciousness whether you call it Brahman or the Pleroma or the Luminous Void or whatever, RB is right you can find it if you go looking. The fun starts if you consider that everything is part of the universal consciousness including the table, Dave Grusch, and the "reserved for witness" sign on the chair.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Full bird is one step below your first star. Nobody gets to that level and is also given access to every SAP there is who is insane, or at least not the type of insane that makes up alien fantasies.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol micha hanks is getting run by the debrief

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I was going to recommend the book I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed By Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World

But it's out of print, and costs a bundle now, and doesn't appear to be on Archive.org. Patches that have gotten out, but the programs they're attached to are still classified.

Anyone have a good link to the Vatican and Italian crash documents?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Failson posted:

I was going to recommend the book I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed By Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World

But it's out of print, and costs a bundle now, and doesn't appear to be on Archive.org. Patches that have gotten out, but the programs they're attached to are still classified.

First paragraph book is available in the usual places

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

its not that hard

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

It's all real

Time to bake some bread

Love you guys, so glad to be here

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqjK49pIH-E

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

my bony fealty posted:

Havana syndrome is a psychosomatic illness that the US government psyop'd their own spooks and diplomats into thinking they had, to create cover for the real symptoms experienced by the tiny cadre who got hosed up by coming into contact with UFOs

tbh it's probably this one

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Failson posted:

But it's out of print, and costs a bundle now, and doesn't appear to be on Archive.org.

https://ia800802.us.archive.org/9/i...ld2008_text.pdf

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

sharknado slashfic posted:

I may have finally started day drinking.

I had to. But I feel it has more to do with the room temperature superconductors cause oh my god

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"it's an op! it's an op!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a tic tac.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I had to. But I feel it has more to do with the room temperature superconductors cause oh my god

did they say something about having room temperature superconductors? that alone would be transformative for earth if we could make those at scale

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Perry Mason Jar posted:

room temperature superconductors

what?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Failson posted:

It's on libgen, enjoy.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CNN finally did a piece on it: https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/26/politics/ufo-house-hearing-congress/index.html

But it feels like their hand was forced into reporting, and they're essentially framing it as alarmist paranoia/foreign technology:

quote:

The government characterizes the unexplained sightings as UAPs and has released reports on the cases in recent years. Some of them still have not been explained, while others have been attributed to “balloon or balloon-entities,” as well as drones, birds, weather events or airborne debris like plastic bags.

quote:

No government officials testified at Wednesday’s hearing. In April, Sean Kirkpatrick, the director of the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, which Congress created to focus on UAPs, told a Senate subcommittee the US government was tracking 650 potential cases of unidentified aerial phenomena, playing video from two of the episodes. Kirkpatrick emphasized there was no evidence of extraterrestrial life and that his office found “no credible evidence” of objects that defy the known laws of physics.

NYT did a piece as well which is more even-handed but seriously lacking in detail and depth: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/us/politics/ufo-hearing.html

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

https://arxiv.org/abs/2307.12008

selec
Sep 6, 2003

that book of secret patches rules, I have a copy. ended up getting the NROL octopus patch off Amazon and sewed it onto my luggage, always easy to find at baggage claim and you get a few knowing THAT’S WHAT’S UP comments from a good wide cross section of people when they see it

bbobseq
Jul 1, 2023
live now: hearings recap with Klaus and Ufo Podcast guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdy8-Z9hd08

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WaPo with similar to NYT coverage, light on detail and depth: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2d84_story.html

WSJ: https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-oversight-committee-congress-ufo-hearing-ceeceae6

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

and let me reinforce this by going: what :stare:

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

really enjoyed reading newcomers getting their brains melted today

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lokar posted:

it's funny some of them are still trying to reject it

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

and let me reinforce this by going: what :stare:

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/breaking-superconductor-news

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Lokar posted:

My brain was already all melty but it was a pleasure to post in here and hang out in the bleeding edge consciousness science thread, always refreshing to talk about those things with people who aren't like neuropsych nerds who think they can just ignore the hard problem and it will go away, Ian Stephenson hosed that poo poo up in the 70s like get outta here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Thank you, I was struggling to find an actually good write-up on this.