Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

ulvir posted:

seems like it’ll work out nicely, they’ve got one of the few non-dipshits as a current party leader, and nobody wants to challenge her on it

Is rødt full of dipshits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Mordekai posted:

Most top level party functionaries of most political parties got there by being dipshits in one way or another. Even in the parties that are less awful policy-wise.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Mordekai posted:

all the old hangovers from before RV, Siavash Mobasheri, Mimir Kristjansson …

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I don’t know the latter two personally, this is just based on whatever they say publicly and on social media

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kristjansson is basically a clever and articulate guy who is also a massive gently caress-up. that is the key to his entire political persona and why he's popular: he is a demonstration that you can, in fact, be an rear end in a top hat and a mean drunk etc and be on the left.

idk what torstein dahle ever did to ulvir, though. my impression is that ulvir is just a couple of steps to the right of where rødt's left wing is, and interprets this as those people being morally flawed for some reason

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The left needs more mean drunks

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

kristjansson is basically a clever and articulate guy who is also a massive gently caress-up. that is the key to his entire political persona and why he's popular: he is a demonstration that you can, in fact, be an rear end in a top hat and a mean drunk etc and be on the left.

idk what torstein dahle ever did to ulvir, though. my impression is that ulvir is just a couple of steps to the right of where rødt's left wing is, and interprets this as those people being morally flawed for some reason

Somewhat anecdotally, Kristjansson is popular among non-Rødt voters because he's all that and capable of making self-deprecating jokes about it. I've discussed politics with people who'd never vote Rødt in their lives, and they'd still grudgingly admit that Mimir's likeable enough. He's also made it very clear that he's aware that he's too big a gently caress-up to ever be a leader of the party, though.

Mobasheri probably wants the job, but Martinussen's in it, and she's committed to continuing the line that Moxnes began - no surprise, since she co-wrote it - and while I don't think she wanted to get the job in this way, I don't see her just quitting now that she has it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah it's an insanely bone-headed move. it is worth noting that Rødt has a fairly significant party tax which cuts his wage as a parliamentarian from about a million kroner to around 600 000, but he can still afford sunglasses.

Rødt's own webside says that as parliamentarian leader he almost made 850 000 after paying party tax.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

probably just got off on it or wanted to see if he would

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

to be clear, Kristjansson is probably the one prominent politician that takes himself the least seriously of all, and I respect that about him, more politicians could do well to take after him in that regard. I'm mostly a bit nonplussed with how he was a key player in making rødt back down on the end-date for oil, and at the same time being opposed to more wind power. many of the old guards are all knee-deep in steigan.no, so they suck on that perspective, and mobasheri has publicly opposed the more "mature" direction Rødt took, especially in oslo, and seemingly wants to drag it back to becoming an irrelevance just for the sake of being opposed to everything and stirring conflict rather than solutions in the city parliament

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ulvir posted:

mobasheri has publicly opposed the more "mature" direction Rødt took, especially in oslo, and seemingly wants to drag it back to becoming an irrelevance just for the sake of being opposed to everything and stirring conflict rather than solutions in the city parliament

Sounds good. He has my vote.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Conflict for conflicts sake is definitely something that isn't unique to fash.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Alhazred posted:

Rødt's own webside says that as parliamentarian leader he almost made 850 000 after paying party tax.

you're right! this is substantially more disappointing. back in the old days they'd just take everything above "industrial worker" wage, but this has clearly changed in several ways without them trumpeting it. a pity. thanks for the update.

ulvir posted:

to be clear, Kristjansson is probably the one prominent politician that takes himself the least seriously of all, and I respect that about him, more politicians could do well to take after him in that regard. I'm mostly a bit nonplussed with how he was a key player in making rødt back down on the end-date for oil, and at the same time being opposed to more wind power. many of the old guards are all knee-deep in steigan.no, so they suck on that perspective, and mobasheri has publicly opposed the more "mature" direction Rødt took, especially in oslo, and seemingly wants to drag it back to becoming an irrelevance just for the sake of being opposed to everything and stirring conflict rather than solutions in the city parliament

kristjansson is from rogaland and has looked at the stats which say that ~70% of norwegian exports are petroleum industry-related - rødt's old policy of immediate shut-down was not serious and was costing the party voters along the coast, especially in kristjansson's own orbit. the wind power thing is more complicated, but essentially the idea is that norway's self-sufficient in terms of power production and that what we need is a non-commoditised way of organising said production. this has a somewhat utopian bend to it, but wind power - especially the form it's been taking in norway under the present regime - does have some real trade-offs, as seen in e.g. the Fosen affair.

mobasheri's big thing has been not pushing for joining oslo's byråd. afaik he's in favour of something like the arrangement rødt in oslo has had for eight years (semi-formalised cooperation with the centre-left byråd without joining it, see e.g. https://www.aftenposten.no/norge/politikk/i/l3eqwG/roedt-aapner-doeren-for-aa-bli-en-del-av-byraadet-i-oslo-etter-valget), but with a more aggressive posture than evenrud had. mobasheri's big sin was calling jens stoltenberg a war criminal over libya during the arms debate, which made him basically a "red-brown" and a nutcase because the arms debate was incredibly fraught. he's also expressed admiration for more openly communist parties like the PTB or the KPÖ, and is a bit of an ideologue. i don't know the guy or really anyone who's active in oslo rødt, so i can't speak to him personally, but he strikes me as a fairly mediocre politican but a true-believer type. he's probably very annoying, but he's also been the object of something of a smear job

the big dividing line in rødt between the "mature" real-politic types like moxnes and the ideologues of the mobasheri kind is fairly deep and depends on how much promise one sees in the power of a small parliamentarian delegation in a late-bourgeois system. moxnes thinks that rødt's niche in parliament can make a practical difference; mobasheri thinks that rødt should be working to shift the boundaries of what is acceptable to say, because the practical difference wrought by the party's elected officials is realistically relatively small. both certainly agree that there must be an element of compromise, but disagree on where that compromise should lie. moxnes tried to remove even the desultory reference to marx and "communism" which is in the party's current statement of principle; someone like mobasheri will say that part of the point of the whole endeavour is to make referring to marx acceptable in the mainstream.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
I spent probably an hour or two talking to mobasheri at a wedding, I liked him quite a lot, there’s real anger in his eyes when he talks about politics and he doesn’t mince words like the rest of the shitlibs

he’d probably be real bad at the moxnes approach of pretending half the party program doesn’t exist when making carefully curated long form facebook posts

btw if anyone in Oslo wants to buy a print of moxnes with sunglasses there’s a numbered collection being sold at The Broker for 1199kr, they’re on display in the back

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I had a fika with göran Greider once and he was a joy to talk to altho I have no idea how I got into that situation

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
It is intresting how Kristjanson appeals to a wide range of voters. Tbh it seems like low hanging fruit, being able to discuss his own politics and hypocrisies (f.ex. wrt the royal house). It generates tons of goodwill it seems.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Charles Ingalls posted:

I spent probably an hour or two talking to mobasheri at a wedding, I liked him quite a lot, there’s real anger in his eyes when he talks about politics and he doesn’t mince words like the rest of the shitlibs

he’d probably be real bad at the moxnes approach of pretending half the party program doesn’t exist when making carefully curated long form facebook posts

btw if anyone in Oslo wants to buy a print of moxnes with sunglasses there’s a numbered collection being sold at The Broker for 1199kr, they’re on display in the back

Also his opponent in Oslo turned out to be a career politician who believed so little in Rødts values she didn't even go to SV, but AP.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Party In My Diapee posted:

Also his opponent in Oslo turned out to be a career politician who believed so little in Rødts values she didn't even go to SV, but AP.

rødt-to-ap is not an unheard-of transition. e.g. marte mjøs persen used to be in RV back in the day. again, it depends on what you're in politics to do - a lot of people are, quite reasonably, engaged in politics because they want practical improvements along what's achievable right now. if that's your perspective, a fringe party is something to leverage for those improvements; once you're in a position where you need to make a change, Ap is at least as relevant as SV.

SV is a fundamentally idealist party these days. it's deeply social-liberal and redistributively oriented, with a strong moral impulse organising and directing the party. rødt is much less idealistic, which drives the pragmatists/ideologues division - the ideologues don't really have anywhere else to go other than to even more fringe parties, and the pragmatists are often at least as close to Ap as they are to SV. if the meta-political project doesn't serve, you might as well go directly to where the decisions are made, after all.

jumping ship immediately after losing an election is excessively undisciplined, though. at least wait for an issue.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2023-06-16-efter-en-time-19-minutter-og-fem-sekunder-blev-daniel-smidt-af-1813-endte-med-at-ringe-112

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
For once southern Denmark isn't the worst of the bunch

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

jeebus bob posted:

For once southern Denmark isn't the worst of the bunch

My GF works in regional healthcare and staffing in some parts of DK, especially North Jutland is just demolished post-COVID. They're getting help from other regions but there's only so much spare capacity.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I don't even know what number I'm supposed to call, in case of an emergency but not too much.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

THE BAR posted:

I don't even know what number I'm supposed to call, in case of an emergency but not too much.

Get to Billund or København

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

Reminds me of that woman who called 112 when her violent ex tried to break into her home to assault her or worse, and the cop told her they'd send a coroner. Can't even expect that kind of service anymore. Please hold.

But you're supposed to call 1813 and wait 45+ minutes if you're not actively dying, unless they're short-staffed or experiencing technical problems, in which case you should simply resume dying I guess.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 30, 2023

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

THE BAR posted:

Depends on where you live.
Region hovedstaden, its 1813.
Region sjælland its 1818.
If you need help from the police its 114

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

vuk83 posted:

Depends on where you live.
Region hovedstaden, its 1813.
Region sjælland its 1818.
If you need help from the police its 114

Well isn't that convenient when someone's going at you with a knife, but not lethally so.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://doku.nu/2023/07/29/svenska-moskeer-vill-ha-ett-totalt-krankningsforbud/

Allegedly 30 out of 31 mosque's in Sweden want a ban on the ability to criticize religion, among other incredibly stupid things.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Not exactly an impartial site, that one?

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

THE BAR posted:

Well isn't that convenient when someone's going at you with a knife, but not lethally so.

But Sjælland now uses 1818
Also there used to be different numbers if you needed lægevagten or skadestuen

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

What the gently caress

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Congratulations Denmark you hosed up numbers once again

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This should be hilarious to anyone who followed the so-called caricature crisis closely.

https://politiken.dk/indland/art9457102/Regeringen-vil-stoppe-afbr%C3%A6ndinger-af-koraner-med-juridisk-v%C3%A6rkt%C3%B8j

quote:

Afbrændingerne af koraner i Danmark går ud over Danmarks omdømme i udlandet. Derfor er det nødvendigt med et indgreb, mener udenrigsminister Lars Løkke Rasmussen (M).

Nu vil regeringen finde et juridisk værktøj, der kan forhindre koranafbrændinger foran udenlandske ambassader, siger Lars Løkke Rasmussen til DR.

Samtidig har udenrigsministeriet udsendt en pressemeddelelse, som opridser den alvorlige baggrund for forslaget:

»Koranafbrændingerne i Danmark har nået et omfang, hvor Danmark i flere dele af verden på tværs af kontinenter er begyndt at blive set som et land, der faciliterer forhånelse og nedgørelse af andre landes kulturer, religioner og traditioner«. :lmao::lmao:

Udenrigsministeriet slår fast, at 15 landes regeringer har udsendt fordømmelse af Danmark, og at ambassadører er blevet kaldt til samtaler. Samtidig mødes 57 udenrigsministre fra Organisationen af Islamiske Lande (OIC) mandag som reaktion på koranafbrændingerne i Danmark og Sverige.

»En række af de handlinger, vi har set, har haft som deres primære formål at forhåne og fremprovokere reaktioner i og fra andre lande. Det kan have store konsekvenser. Konsekvenser, der grundlæggende skader Danmark og vores ligesindedes interesser i verden. Det kan også have store sikkerhedsmæssige konsekvenser i Danmark«, skriver udenrigsministeriet.

Over for DR siger Lars Løkke Rasmussen, at »vi har på det seneste set nogle hændelser udført af nogle få personer, som kun tjener det formål at skabe splittelse i en verden, der faktisk har brug for samling«.

»Alene søndag har der været fem koranafbrændinger foran udenlandske ambassader i Danmark, og i morgen er der anmeldt syv«, siger han.

Regeringen har derfor besluttet, at den vil se på, hvordan man i helt særlige situationer kan »sætte en stopper for forhånelser af andre lande«.

Det er nemlig i direkte modstrid mod »danske interesser og danskernes sikkerhed«, siger udenrigsministeren videre.

I pressemeddelelsen fra Udenrigsministeriet fremhæves det også, at »ytringsfriheden er en af de vigtigste værdier i det danske samfund«:

»Sådan skal det efter vores opfattelse være i et åbent demokratisk samfund, og der må aldrig være tvivl om, at ytringsfriheden skal have vide rammer i Danmark«.

Folketingets udenrigsordførere er mandag indkaldt til et møde, hvor forslaget om et indgreb over for koranafbrændinger skal diskuteres.

Lars Løkke Rasmussen siger til TV 2, at det ikke kun er Koranen, som regeringen gerne vil forhindre bliver brændt. Også jødiske og hinduistiske skrifter bliver nævnt.

Der er dog ifølge udenrigsministeren ikke tale om, at blasfemiparagraffen, der blev afskaffet i 2017, bliver genindført.

»Regeringen har ikke planer om at genindføre blasfemiparagraffen, det er ikke det, der er tale om«, siger han og fortæller, at det er for at forhindre afbrændinger »alene for at skabe splittelse og ufred«.

I 2017 stemte han og hans daværende parti, Venstre, for, at blasfemiparagraffen blev afskaffet.

SF og de radikale ville søndag aften ikke kommentere forslaget fra regeringen og Lars Løkke Rasmussen.

Men Liberal Alliances udenrigsordfører, Henrik Dahl, siger til Politiken, at det er forkert at komme med indrømmelser over for Organisationen for Islamisk Samarbejde (OIC):

»OIC vil gerne bestemme vores regler i Danmark, og de vil gerne have, at vi indfører en regel om, at man må ikke brænde Koranen. De vil gerne knæsætte det princip, at islamiske regler gælder også for ikke-muslimer, og de vil gerne blande sig i, hvordan reglerne bliver udformet i andre lande, og det her er en lille sejr for dem. OIC opfatter det som en indrømmelse, og det næste er, at de vil have mere. Det virker ikke«.

Mikkel Bjørn fra Dansk Folkeparti tweeter som reaktion på Løkkes udmelding om et muligt forbud, at »regeringen bøjer nu nakken for mellemøstlige diktaturer – og vil indskrænke ytringsfriheden. Lars Løkke Rasmussen er en ryggesløs kujon«.

Erhvervsorganisationen Dansk Industri (DI) ser derimod positivt på regeringens udmelding om at ville forhindre koranafbrændinger foran ambassader i Danmark. Det skriver DI’s administrerende direktør, Lars Sandahl Sørensen, i en kommentar til DR.

»Det er både fornuftigt og ansvarligt, at regeringen og udenrigsministeren vil se på, hvordan der kan sættes en stopper for koranafbrændinger, så situationen ikke eskalerer yderligere«, påpeger Lars Sandahl Sørensen og tilføjer:

»Det sender et klogt og afbalanceret signal til omverdenen om, hvad Danmark er for et samfund. Derfor står dansk erhvervsliv side om side med regeringen i denne sag«.

Også i Sverige har koranafbrændinger i høj grad forværret sikkerhedssituationen, og derfor skal der handles. Det skriver Sveriges statsminister, Ulf Kristersson fra Moderaterna, på Instagram søndag aften.

Han meddeler, at han har været i tæt dialog med statsminister Mette Frederiksen (S) om situationen det seneste døgn.

»Vi er i den alvorligste sikkerhedspolitiske situation siden Anden Verdenskrig, og herhjemme ved vi, at både stater, statslignende aktører og enkeltpersoner kan udnytte situationen«, skriver han.

Det er ikke sikkert, at Danmark og Sverige kommer frem til de samme løsninger, påpeger Kristersson. Men de har »den samme analyse«, skriver han.

Den lyder, at »situationen er farlig, og at der er behov for tiltag for at styrke vores modstandskraft«.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://twitter.com/WhiteShemagh/status/1519643337317392386

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
That is how you get fat census takers.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Must be real annoying to deal with

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

if that was in sweden they'd be told to wait in the other room while the family had their dinner

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

Congratulations Denmark you hosed up numbers once again
Denmark: (looking the french expressing numbers) "Hmm, yes. But what if we made it worse?"

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
On the one hand, :lmao: that the government is considering a ban on burning the Quran, considering the whole cartoon thing. I guess Westergaard is dead, the Coalition of the Willing isn't currently targeting the Middle East, and we'd really like to be pals with Erdogan and the Saudis, so priorities have changed.

On the other hand, this seems to be pissing off the absolute worst people, including Paludan and Støjberg, so who's to say if it's good or bad.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Esran posted:

On the one hand, :lmao: that the government is considering a ban on burning the Quran, considering the whole cartoon thing. I guess Westergaard is dead, the Coalition of the Willing isn't currently targeting the Middle East, and we'd really like to be pals with Erdogan and the Saudis, so priorities have changed.

On the other hand, this seems to be pissing off the absolute worst people, including Paludan and Støjberg, so who's to say if it's good or bad.
It's time to start burning Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's time to start burning Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung.

That would actually be fun if China took the bait