Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jerusalem posted:

Missed opportunity for King to be in the arcade :mad:
King has many powers, one of which is to sit at the booth before the big group and pick up the sushi there because there's no way any sushi is getting past that group.

K I N G is the strongest.

also I really want to go to one of those conveyer belt sushi places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

There are some in the US. Kura is the big chain with like 50 locations nationwide.

I don't know if they're better in Japan, but it's fun for the novelty once in a blue moon, but you're really just paying to eat slightly warm sushi.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CannonFodder posted:

King has many powers, one of which is to sit at the booth before the big group and pick up the sushi there because there's no way any sushi is getting past that group.

K I N G is the strongest.

There used to be a couple in the city where I live but they went out of business. I guess the overhead must be high since you're making things whether they are selected or not. That means there's always going to be unpurchased leftovers

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I went to a place in LA, and there is one in Seattle that I've avoided because, yeah, it's exactly what you might expect. From what I can tell, their prices are fairly reasonable, though.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

oh jay posted:

I don't know if they're better in Japan, but it's fun for the novelty once in a blue moon, but you're really just paying to eat slightly warm sushi.

Prowler posted:

From what I can tell, their prices are fairly reasonable, though.

In Japan, the conveyor belt is meant as a "fast food" alternative in that they are both cheaper and faster than the conventional methods for sushi restaurants. The made to order or omakase are considered higher in both price and food quality. The conveyor belt, otherwise, is the novelty for selling cheaper sushi.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Flair posted:

In Japan, the conveyor belt is meant as a "fast food" alternative in that they are both cheaper and faster than the conventional methods for sushi restaurants. The made to order or omakase are considered higher in both price and food quality. The conveyor belt, otherwise, is the novelty for selling cheaper sushi.

There are different quality tiers of conveyer belt sushi. I went to a dirt-cheap one and the sushi was honestly pretty mediocre (but good for the price). Another one I went to with a huge line was kind of pricey but the taste was incredible, better than the fairly expensive stuff you get in the US.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

raws https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/4856001361558227256

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
New girl immediately gets a chapter cover, Murata :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They've been pretty consistent about this, it's like Dragon Ball covers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

Good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol she's not even in this chapter murata ftw

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I think she had like 5 lines of dialogue, total. :v:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

:allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, you don't really need a translation for this one

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Translator's note: ? means ?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, you don't really need a translation for this one

yet I would still very much like one

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

bitmap posted:

yet I would still very much like one

Ok fine

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/fGVhilG/1/1/

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

namaste

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The King Engine is truly fearsome.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
legendary chapter

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i dont know if this joke cam ever get old

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

the webcomic version was my favourite manga joke of all time. I wonder why they felt they needed to prime the joke with the nichirin scene last chap. kinda...dilutes it. oh well, still loads of fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

bitmap posted:

the webcomic version was my favourite manga joke of all time. I wonder why they felt they needed to prime the joke with the nichirin scene last chap. kinda...dilutes it. oh well, still loads of fun.

Yeah, same.

Nonetheless, I don't like what happened to that apple!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

King ftw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Perfect chapter, no notes, loving amazing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Perfect chapter but also why do I feel like this already happened?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bleck posted:

Did you read the webcomic?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

im dead

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Bleck posted:

There was a bonus chapter quite a while back that was similar. I think he was in a different restaurant and scared away some assassins, who were grateful to have their lives spared.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jerkface posted:

Her design is super good so I approve.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
king is the strongest hero

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

bitmap posted:

I do think ONE is probably under a lot of self-imposed pressure to make these “big” moments in the manga still hit hard for the many fans who also love the webcomic. Where the manga excels, in my opinion, is it’s ability to elaborate and create more set-ups for the eventual pay-off

Edit: that being said, I DO think this and the last chapter should have been combined for a continuous reading experience.

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 27, 2023

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who haven't read the webcomic seem to appreciate the buildup in the previous chapter, at least according to Reddit and a Korean scanlation site I visit. I assume it feels diluted because you already know the joke.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

People who haven't read the webcomic seem to appreciate the buildup in the previous chapter, at least according to Reddit and a Korean scanlation site I visit. I assume it feels diluted because you already know the joke.

For me, someone who doesn't read the webcomic, it made sense otherwise I'd wonder why Atomic Samurai would even think such a thing. Felt like good setup for the gag.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
What I really love about King is that he shows exactly the way every single character should regard Saitama!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
King having a ton of unearned credit specifically for Saitama’s kills and the reputation you’d have given Saitama if you attributed all the demon/dragon level kills he got because he just kept accidentally showing up at the right* place at the right* time is probably one of the better gags in the series.

*wrong

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The sheer power of KING using 0.1% of his ability.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kdrudy posted:

For me, someone who doesn't read the webcomic, it made sense otherwise I'd wonder why Atomic Samurai would even think such a thing. Felt like good setup for the gag.

I have read the webcomic but would agree with all that the joke lands a bit less strongly when you know the outcome but also that the set up probably does enhance it further if you don't. It, rightly, shows that KING is even greater than Nichirin, a loser who has to visibly unsheathe the sword...

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Every single King joke lands for me, what an incredible running gag. I don't often laugh out loud at comics or manga but King has made me laugh at least a half a dozen times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure how you'd read this and not think it's hilarious, honestly. I'm not a webcomic reader but I thought the contrast with the Nichirin part only enhanced the joke, making it clear just how insane everyone's perception of King really is.