Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

smoobles posted:

So how do you whisper someone... trying to join a Goon Clan.

tried /whisper, /w, /msg

IDK what's up.

/w should work but just join discord and ask there it'll be easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Found a 2 second barber in WT3 at level 56. I'm soon going to be making the jump to WT4 but given their rarity I don't want to 'burn it' even though I know it would be so fun to use. Don't know how to feel about that, feels like some kind of rot is setting in.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I like Diablo 4, it's pretty fun. I really appreciate my druid now after a pretty boring initial leveling experience and it's really fun to pulverize dungeons with him. I'll probably play until level 70 or so, but I don't think I'll do much more than that. Running NM dungeons gets dull after a while and apparently Blizzard expects us to roll new characters every season (???) so I might just have to level a new druid for another season in the future (???) so I might as well let it rest at 70 until a more fun, complex season releases than this current one.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Make a season where we can turn any found aspect into a codex entry, then make that feature permanent. Also let us upgrade codex aspect rolls by shoving in duplicates.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
having only played like 1 or 2 D3 seasons, i have little personal experience. but i’ve seen other people talking about liking d3 having shorter seasons in general, a couple or a few weeks of content

assuming future seasons of d4 add more pizzazz/more in depth systems, is that still the desirable outcome with the framework in place? it doesn’t feel like it lines up with design currently (longer time to level than d3, redoing renown) but maybe with the new undecided end game activity (probably rifts remixed) will make that more viable? idk exactly where i’m going with this, just spitballing

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i like the cc in this game a lot. its just punishing enough when its a threat, and when its not its kinda funny. the getting frozen effect is perfect

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Cool. I played a lot of scout and sniper (slo)

hello. rip lcs

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Swilo posted:

Make a season where we can turn any found aspect into a codex entry, then make that feature permanent. Also let us upgrade codex aspect rolls by shoving in duplicates.

I'd settle for storing extracted aspects in Collections instead of the inventory/stash

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

harrygomm posted:

i’m at the point where i’m only saving one aspect if it is drop only. i don’t really like having to memorize which those are for each setup and also any setups that i want to play later

at this point i’m fine with just using codex aspects for everything. the one that only gives 2.5 seconds of DR per basic attack instead of 6.0 seconds from the max droppable variety is the only one i really like to keep an eye out for

You're looking out for the one aspect that...doesn't get stronger when it drops...

??

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

kaxman posted:

You're looking out for the one aspect that...doesn't get stronger when it drops...

??

worded it poorly. the codex version gives abuff that lasts 2.5 seconds. the drop version can make that buff last 6 seconds. that way you only need to use a basic every 6 seconds instead of 2.5

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Stop collecting stuff you'll never use and the stash problem stops existing

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Pretty hard to experiment if I don't have things to experiment with. How would I know what's ideal anyway?

You some sorta guide reader?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

I'd really like to see them reconsider the hard split between aspects from items and codex aspects. Especially now that we're into seasons, it's dumb to ration aspects this way and just leads to people not using fun stuff until they have extras (triples are best).

Just rip off the division 2 system. When you rip an aspect off an item, it goes into the codex. If you find a higher roll of the same aspect, you can rip that and now that's your codex roll. It would make experimenting as the season goes on a lot more fun.

Calibration library in Division 2 genuinely kicks rear end.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
You can insta bin any of the aspects or hearts that drop in WT1/2/3 that have a damage/sheld/etc number instead of a percentage since that number goes higher on the WT4 ones so a perfectly rolled WT1 aspect is useless.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I basically scrap every single legendary or just graft them on the poo poo I’m using right now. I haven’t even bought a stash tab this season because everything is getting ground to pieces. I’m free.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

Stop collecting stuff you'll never use and the stash problem stops existing

???

but what if i decide to respec to bow rogue if i get tired of twisted blade, you telling me those piles of aspects im saving for flurry and penetrating shot is worthless?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I cant belive they still havent fixed the side quest Fury agianst fate
if your not tracking that quest, then it wont start. Seems to be the case for when im able to do it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

harrygomm posted:

assuming future seasons of d4 add more pizzazz/more in depth systems, is that still the desirable outcome with the framework in place? it doesn’t feel like it lines up with design currently (longer time to level than d3, redoing renown) but maybe with the new undecided end game activity (probably rifts remixed) will make that more viable? idk exactly where i’m going with this, just spitballing

Right now (and for a long time) the endgame seasonal content is the GR push. All the other stuff you do feeds into this. You level to max quickly and start down the better gear->higher push grind. The challenge dungeon packs and free set align with this acceleration from start to greater rifts.

Conversely, the current D4 seasonal endgame content is "reach level 100". If you could level to max in a couple of hours like D3 that'd be a really short season.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Swilo posted:

This for real though.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Big news

they will explain why they increased the teleport time

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1684307354228252676

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1684334500166373376

i know that was a hot topic ITT......

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Put the ashes in the journey then.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
This might be already well-known but just in case:

There's the one "they're feeding on my soul" event that if you kill the remaining enemies at the end of the timer before the ghost finishes their Sicko "Yes... Ha ha, yes!" line you'll complete the event without them turning into the elite you should otherwise have to fight.

Normally not a problem, you get a resplendent chest and move on with life.

Except one of the dungeons, which I forget the name but is on this season's NM rotation, has this event in the portion of the dungeon that has you slay all enemies.

And guess which untransformed, unkillable ghost counts as one of those enemies, hard-locking dungeon progression?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Iodised QQ posted:

Reading this thread and I feel a little guilty that the literal first pack of my first nightmare dungeon dropped a tier 3 sigil at level 50

Yeah I'm on my 3rd character overall and I've never had this problem either. I also tend to jump around activites though so that might be it. Like I'll breaking NMDs with helltides, whispers, world bosses and legions. I actually quite like doing legions and wbs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Put the ashes in the journey then.

Don't see how it matters.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah I'm on my 3rd character overall and I've never had this problem either. I also tend to jump around activites though so that might be it. Like I'll breaking NMDs with helltides, whispers, world bosses and legions. I actually quite like doing legions and wbs.

I did a shedload of different content but was stuck with rank 1 sigils until WT4. It's really bizarre that sigil crafting is gated behind completing a rank 3 dungeon, and even stranger that people can have such catastrophic RNG.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh yeah, what's the difference between like... crafting a Heart at the Cormond Mobile, vs crafting an Invoker? The Invoker costs more, and I have to do a Tunnel to get the heart from it...

Heart: max level 4, decent chance at wrathful (seen 5-10% estimates)

Invoker: much more expensive, lower chance at wrathful (annecdotal, but plenty of annecdotes), when used can (maybe always will) drop at level 5 instead of level 4 (more armor, possibly better stat roll ranges depending on the heart).

Seems like invokers are for months of grinding to min/max and otherwise a giant trap.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Punkreas posted:

This might be already well-known but just in case:

There's the one "they're feeding on my soul" event that if you kill the remaining enemies at the end of the timer before the ghost finishes their Sicko "Yes... Ha ha, yes!" line you'll complete the event without them turning into the elite you should otherwise have to fight.

Normally not a problem, you get a resplendent chest and move on with life.

Except one of the dungeons, which I forget the name but is on this season's NM rotation, has this event in the portion of the dungeon that has you slay all enemies.

And guess which untransformed, unkillable ghost counts as one of those enemies, hard-locking dungeon progression?

Been noticing events breaking lately. Stronghold that gets stuck. Free the captives event that one of them just won't count, etc.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I can't believe they didn't nerf the "farm infinite wrathful hearts by not doing the last step of the Varshan quest" thing uet. Happy, but surprised.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I can't believe they didn't nerf the "farm infinite wrathful hearts by not doing the last step of the Varshan quest" thing uet. Happy, but surprised.

Please explain in detail

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Punkreas posted:

Oh, so that's why the spirit sometimes refuses to transform for reasons I have been unable to fathom. :downs:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

And the accumulated filth of all their under geared, greedy delving into dungeons beyond their ability will foam up about their waists and the adventurers will look up and shout “Hey, you there, help us get out of here” and I’ll look down and whisper “No”

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I just tried to do it again and it wont let me back in the undercroft :(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whoever decided that Seasonal Activity should be capped at 55 and 75 should be fired into the sun lol

That's gonna get hotfixed to +0 this season, gah-ron-teed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s funny that there’s no natural enemy in the game that’s level 56-74. It’s like they wanted to force people to engage with NMDs. Which is dumb because most people were already doing that. All this does is punish people like me who actually enjoyed engaging with the open world as a change of pace.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Please explain in detail

Do the quest line up to when you fight varshan in the fractured peaks. Kill him but do not turn in the quest. Log out/in and do it again.

Cannot be done if you already did the quest.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Also Helltides and PvP Zone.

I get what they were going for, and they were trying to address the community complaint (not universal, but common) that leveling 'did not matter' if the world leveled up with you

They just did it in a dumb way that needs fixing ASAP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think they were spooked by the negative feedback to the patch and nerfed level scaling at the last minute

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
druid heart that hoovers up the entire screen and then some is very cool, as has been mentioned. comically fun/good combo with landslide stuff or storms or whatever. I'm no expert but it seems like druid has a ton of of options for strong aoe but you have to work a little harder for single target.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Specced firewall at 37. It's actually pretty fun. Gotta work out the kinks and muscle memory to get 3 stacks of burning but filling the screen with fire and sitting there not giving a gently caress is fun.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
does anyone know if saved WT3 caches (whispers or world boss) scale up with you? like if i save them till level 73, they could have ancestrals?

edit: also thanks for whoever mentioned you can collect helltide embers in WT3 and switch to WT4 for the chests.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

great quest design guys

Martian Manfucker posted:

Do the quest line up to when you fight varshan in the fractured peaks. Kill him but do not turn in the quest. Log out/in and do it again.

Cannot be done if you already did the quest.
thanks

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 27, 2023