Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

when i wanted a fruitier V i simply bought one of the half-dozen other explicitly fruit-flavoured V's they already make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.thepost.co.nz/a/politics/350042179/emotional-labour-mp-raises-kiri-allan-concerns

bad sign that caucus is leaking

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

They're currently working on The List, so I imagine everyone's desperately scrambling to not be so low down they're guaranteed to not get back in. Which I guess means it's Labour's turn to leak like a sieve after three years of National.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

When it's national it's funny, when it's labour it's depressing

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sphyre posted:

just as long as they dont touch are precious blue v

I miss black V :(

Probably the only one who does, but still.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Energy drinks are for rubes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I also preferred the black V

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Energy drinks are cigarettes for children

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You're thinking of cigarettes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

a V and a durry is a classic kiwi combo, never let the liberal cucks tell you otherwise

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I miss black V

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

a V and a durrypie is a classic kiwi combo, never let the liberal cucks tell you otherwise

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Oh man i must have memory holed black V when they got rid of it. Definitely the best one and paired nicely with a $1 pie and ciggy back at uni.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I absolutely loved lemon V, but even their marketing campaign mocked the drink. The flavour change has to be a financial/cost thing, right? It's flavour is strongly iconic, and I'd be very surprised if changing it brings in new customers.

(I've also not touched any energy drinks since november, so uh I guess I'm just some old fart opining about things that doesn't effect him anymore)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'll occasionally have a sugarfree energy drink instead of breakfast, but that's it

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The "V" stands for "not Very good"

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Bloody Pom posted:

I miss black V :(

Probably the only one who does, but still.

No me too black v was the only good v

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I've never seen a green v littered on the side of the road, only blue v, so either green v drinkers are a bit more, well, green, or nobody actually drinks green v.

It always tasted like generic monster/rock star before those companies made all their wild flavours too.

I never tried black v, sadly.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Serephina posted:

I absolutely loved lemon V, but even their marketing campaign mocked the drink. The flavour change has to be a financial/cost thing, right? It's flavour is strongly iconic, and I'd be very surprised if changing it brings in new customers.

(I've also not touched any energy drinks since november, so uh I guess I'm just some old fart opining about things that doesn't effect him anymore)

Most of the time when you have a long-standing, successful brand, profits have grown as much as they really can. After the usual diversification of flavours etc you reach a point where the profit just is what it is. Unfortunately, number not continuing to go up is unacceptable to shareholders. At this point a genius with a powerpoint comes along and convinces the board that they can make number start going up again by rebranding, changing basic composition of the product etc. This has never worked in the history of humanity, but the lure of number going up is impossible to resist so it happens again and again. Probably the most infamous example in beverages is coke 2.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

if i want energy from a drink i'll have a coffee. energy drinks are bad as hell for you while coffee is basically a superfood. reduces the risk of heart disease and all sorts of poo poo like that. plus it's delicious without being full of sugar

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Slavvy posted:

Most of the time when you have a long-standing, successful brand, profits have grown as much as they really can. After the usual diversification of flavours etc you reach a point where the profit just is what it is. Unfortunately, number not continuing to go up is unacceptable to shareholders. At this point a genius with a powerpoint comes along and convinces the board that they can make number start going up again by rebranding, changing basic composition of the product etc. This has never worked in the history of humanity, but the lure of number going up is impossible to resist so it happens again and again. Probably the most infamous example in beverages is coke 2.
They're deliberately doing it so people get a hankering for the old piss flavour and buy the new V ORIGINAL in a year.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

They're deliberately doing it so people get a hankering for the old piss flavour and buy the new V ORIGINAL in a year.

Ah the ol' Milo tactic.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I miss black v too but not as much as I miss relentless

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Just saw V cans being sold at the local pack & save for $1.25 each. I don't think I've seen them that cheap since University days.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I once got a whole case of Yellow V at 50 cents a pop because nobody else was buying it and they were ending production. That was the stuff — not enough drinks taste like liquified sour worms anymore.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
I have been drinking V for two decades and it hasn't done me any harm. I even have most of my teeth left.

PS sugarfree V 4 lyf

Fumblemouse fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 27, 2023

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Dragonstoned posted:

The "V" stands for "not Very good"

I'd say it stand for Vile poo poo. I had my first and last one 25 years ago because i was about to drive six hours to visit my parents after work on Friday and thought it would help in some way. It did not.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Fumblemouse posted:

PS sugarfree V 4 lyf

Correct opinion here.
Bonus points for being in a glass bottle

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
79 days till the election.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Thank god we're almost at the funny number

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It's 53

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I was thinking 78. It's the first two acts of a rip roaring joke about the dark nature of the number seven.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Energy drinks are cigarettes for children

you're thinking of vapes. also i'm sorry you do not like to avail yourself of the perfect beverage to have immediately before or during a long ride

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Caffeine makes me (even more) sweaty and trembly and my performance decreases idk

I say they're cigarettes for children because they've have taken on the motor/extreme sport sponsorship role that cigarettes used to dominate. Red bull and monster have an f1 team and run dirt bike races, feeder championships for gp bike racing etc they've taken over the role of cigs as something kids associate with cool poo poo, it's structurally the same as tobacco used to be before the sponsorship clamp downs

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Sphyre posted:

you're thinking of vapes. also i'm sorry you do not like to avail yourself of the perfect beverage to have immediately before or during a long ride

You have a connect for one night cough syrup?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

2005:

Today:

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Caffeine makes me drowsy so I've never understood the joys of energy drinks.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Slavvy posted:

2005:

Today:

Counterpoint: ciggie liveries are some of most iconic, and the rest are oil companies, so equally scummy.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

wheres the motorbike thats sponsored by V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Sphyre posted:

wheres the motorbike thats sponsored by V