Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

as an ESL it's sometimes that you go years before reading the actual word for some everyday appliance

it screws Screws, it's a Screwer god dammit!
Clearly it should be screwscrewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I didn't pay for my entire toolbox go through six weeks of Philips co. driver's ed classes just to be called a bunch of screwscrewers, drat it

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pozidrives and torx screws are so vastly superior to philips and slotted screws that it’s not even funny

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I know six weeks sounds like a long time for driver's ed but most of my tools aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Only the sharpest one is, and that's a knife, not a screwdriver

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
True, although I do have to give 1 point to slotted screws. Not great, but their simplicity does have a certain aesthetic charm, and they're often chosen when screws must remain visible and not look like crap.

And I do love me a nice square drive/robertson.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

that's cool

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Goddamn perfection

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:golfclap:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That guy sure has a screw loose

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Where's JIS you hacks??

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
came in here about to post my usual cache of peculiar memes and now I’m thinking more about screws than I’ve ever thought about in my life. 30+ new posts and nothing but screws

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

teen witch posted:

came in here about to post my usual cache of peculiar memes and now I’m thinking more about screws than I’ve ever thought about in my life. 30+ new posts and nothing but screws

Heaven

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I too dream of a screwing heaven but I don’t think I’ll find it on this forum

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Tri wing, pozidrive and clutch could make good emblems for sci-fi bad guys.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If only there was a quad wing screw head. That'd be a wicked wick villain logo.

mystes
May 31, 2006

teen witch posted:

I too dream of a screwing heaven but I don’t think I’ll find it on this forum
Positive/pound hole

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Tree Bucket posted:

Tri wing, pozidrive and clutch could make good emblems for sci-fi bad guys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mystes posted:

Positive/pound hole

Yes?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CPColin posted:

They call it Pozidrive because I'm Pozitive you'll have to Drive back to the hardware store

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The Demilich posted:

Wtf is the point of Pozidrive?

Well it wasn't available on the '64 Buick Skylark, I know that

Alternate answer: How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just is

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Finding out that the best way to deal with a stripped screw was to hit the screwdriver hard with a hammer. Changed my life. Even when doing phone repairs.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok, i hope this concludes the discussion

Drone_Fragger posted:

If only there was a quad wing screw head. That'd be a wicked wick villain logo.

there is. it's called torq-set

(B tier)

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 09:40 on Jul 27, 2023

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

turn on your monitor

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I had been assuming the whole thing was a parody of chud memes being like "there are two genders, everything else is mental illness"

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Drone_Fragger posted:

Theologically infallible or not, that pope is long dead.

Somehow, Popeatine returned.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Square/slot/no ring

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Whybird posted:

I had been assuming the whole thing was a parody of chud memes being like "there are two genders, everything else is mental illness"

It's supposed to be, but with screw heads it's actually correct.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Whybird posted:

It is.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Sagebrush posted:

(B tier)

Seconded

Also posidrive looks like 4 vaginas in a circle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

eonblue174 posted:

Seconded

Also posidrive looks like 4 vaginas in a circle

Cool story Georgia O'Keeffe

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mrpwase posted:

Square/slot/no ring

:pusheen:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

I'm moving house right now and have to dismantle a shitton of really old (1960s back to 1920s) furniture.
loving slot screws definitely count as a mental disorder.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dave Syndrome posted:

I'm moving house right now and have to dismantle a shitton of really old (1960s back to 1920s) furniture.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Dave Syndrome posted:

Having a proper hollow ground driver makes slotted screws pretty fantastic.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Pozi that neg hole.

This didn't get enough love.

Lmao

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Sagebrush posted:

(B tier)

Torx is obviously highest tier and also alone in it.

Also who the hell calls it a sixlobe rather than torx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Phosphine posted:

Torx is obviously highest tier and also alone in it.

Also who the hell calls it a sixlobe rather than torx?

Torx® is a registered trademark of Acument Global Technologies, meaning that the lawful and certified production of Torx® products must be done by licensees adhering to Acument’s strict and exacting specifications. Acument regulates Torx® products worldwide, so no matter where you go, you can rely on Torx® products to always perform to the same high standards you expect.

Our Taiwan factory makes only Genuine Torx Licensed Product. Any product with names such as “Six Lobe”, “Star”, etc are non-licensed product and not subject to genuine Torx License Specifications.

Knockoff brands are not regulated, meaning their design specifications are left entirely up to the creators. Because of this, knockoffs of Torx® brand tools and screws are often improperly made, combining weak materials and incorrect design features to create substandard products. Worst of all, knockoff tools are unreliable, often coming out inconsistent with a variety of dimensions, materials, and durability. Knockoffs will often break, destroy other tools, or simply not get the job done correctly, forcing you to either live with bad results or find a new supplier of better quality supplies.