Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

this week's wolverine 35. Beast cloned himself a bunch and expects them to laugh at his jokes.

All those expressions. :allears:

It's the god drat suddenly fedora guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Why is Beast a blue fuzzy orc now

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

shhh they'll bring back horse beast!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
More like Dork Beast

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Why is Beast a blue fuzzy orc now

Because terrible writers saw a character whose gimmick was 'a kind smart man in the body of a monster' and fell over themselves to write 'no wait what if he was just a monster, your initial impression of someone is 100% accurate'

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

this week's wolverine 35. Beast cloned himself a bunch and expects them to laugh at his jokes.

All those expressions. :allears:

From a previous issue:

I just like his little bib.
Source: Wolverine (2020) #34

Source: X-Men - Before The Fall: Sinister Four

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Because terrible writers saw a character whose gimmick was 'a kind smart man in the body of a monster' and fell over themselves to write 'no wait what if he was just a monster, your initial impression of someone is 100% accurate'

beast sucks rear end and has always sucked rear end

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

beast sucks rear end and has always sucked rear end

Maria Hill account spotted

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm honestly kind of digging the implication (or maybe it's just my inference) that Sinister is so old and behind on literary trends that he missed Austen's evolution from mildly popular books to absolute literary legend. Very Mr. Burns of him.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

I'm honestly kind of digging the implication (or maybe it's just my inference) that Sinister is so old and behind on literary trends that he missed Austen's evolution from mildly popular books to absolute literary legend. Very Mr. Burns of him.

That is not actually Sinister, per se.
That's Doctor Stasis. Nathaniel Essex made three versions of himself, one to explore the potential of mutations (Sinister), and similarly Orbis Stellaris for cosmic power and Doctor Stasis for transhumanism.

Comic books!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I can totally see Sinister being a like a Musk-bro but for Galton.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #4 (1941)

Punisher War Journal #13 (2008)

Sensation Comics #22 (1943)

Adventures into the Unknown #79 (1956)

Firestorm #33 (2007)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fairly certain you can't just commit warcrimes against your boyfriend for being late to a date.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Such a shame that it's probably rights issues preventing Squirrel Girl from teaming up with Beaver Believer.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

evilmiera posted:

Fairly certain you can't just commit warcrimes against your boyfriend for being late to a date.

Should just take a page from Red Sonja

From Red Sonja Valentines Day Special 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Other posted:

Should just take a page from Red Sonja

From Red Sonja Valentines Day Special 2021

Red Sonja doesnt take half measures when using mace on creeps

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Darthemed posted:

Firestorm #33 (2007)

Assuming english language release and director credit only, that's about 9 hours of Uwe Boll at the time this issue came out
No woman is worth that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Phy posted:

Uh huh, that's actually a flail, and furthermore

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Suleman posted:

That is not actually Sinister, per se.
That's Doctor Stasis. Nathaniel Essex made three versions of himself, one to explore the potential of mutations (Sinister), and similarly Orbis Stellaris for cosmic power and Doctor Stasis for transhumanism.

Comic books!

And they all have different card suits on their foreheads but Essex was transformed into Sinister by Apocolypse so he can't be a clone and and

comics are dumb

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phy posted:

That's not a mace, it's a morningstarsomething-or-other, an imaginary weapon designed to look cool in the hand (well, gauntlet) of a suit of armor on display. (Imaginary in that it was never used as a weapon because that would be loving impossible - it's still a physical object.)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

ImpAtom posted:

Given how badly he's hosed his body up over the decades with mutagenic drug use and all sorts of other unpleasantness I wouldn't be surprised if his brain is fried and that turns out to be the thing. Or it ramped his mutation up and they cop out by saying his mutation is actually making him beastlier in thought now.

Keep in mind the biggest vocal advocate for Beast always being this way is Logan too. IE: "AvX is partially my fault in the narrative because I stab first and ask questions later and Captain America was dumb enough to come to me for advice for how to deal with a potential Phoenix host" Logan. Beast has had a logical thought process he can explain for all the evil poo poo he's gotten up too. It's just he doesn't think through the greater consequences and the poo poo he's doing is wildly amoral despite him claiming it's for the greater good of mutants.

Either way, it's not really bad writing. They've been foreshadowing what happens when Beast doesn't have boundaries and role models set up since Dark Beast was a thing. Keep in mind that Dark Beast was largely a monster of his own making, hinting that under the right circumstances or pressure Beast always had the potential to go bad. And he's been on a progressively worse downward slide as a result of his ego and insecurities since after House of M. Giving him the mutant version of the CIA and having him not go overboard at some point would have been bad writing all to itself given past developments.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

And they all have different card suits on their foreheads but Essex was transformed into Sinister by Apocolypse so he can't be a clone and and

comics are dumb

You forgot the token female clone based on his wife Essex is dating in that scene. And yes, that means he's only into self-cest. Which is surprisingly on point for how hilariously over the top this take on Sinister and his clones are.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 28, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's not a mace, it's a morningstarsomething-or-other, an imaginary weapon designed to look cool in the hand (well, gauntlet) of a suit of armor on display. (Imaginary in that it was never used as a weapon because that would be loving impossible - it's still a physical object.)

:ok:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2003)

Journey into Mystery #63 (1960)

The World of Metropolis #1 (1988)

Fantastic Four #131 (1973)

The Twilight Zone #64 (1975)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

The Twilight Zone #64 (1975)

Context here?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I would guess the joke is David Berkowitz AKA Son of Sam, but he started murdering in 1976.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Darthemed posted:

That's not a nice thing to say about Crystal, Quicksilver

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

That's not a nice thing to say about Crystal, Quicksilver

To be fair, she does have that extra huge 60s hair.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #2 (1993)
The 'jeans commercial guy' is Rob Liefeld.

X-Club #1 (2012)

Sensation Comics #22 (1943)

Mister Terrific #1 (2011)

Blue Devil #25 (1986)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Darthemed posted:

Mister Terrific #1 (2011)

Y'know Mike, you don't have to introduce yourself by listing your intelligence ranking.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm experiencing hella Bon Jovi right about now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*Deja vu.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yeah, it wasn't too long ago that we discussed how introducibg himself that way actually made Mr. Terrific the smartest man in the world.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, we've hit stuff from five months ago. If you never had issues seeing the images hosted on ImgPile, I'll throw in a couple of siren smilies when I hit the end of the rehosting run, so you can safely ignore all but the last comic in my post blocks until then.

The Untold Legend of the Batman #2 (1980)

Strange #1 (2010)

Superman: From Krypton to Metropolis (1982)

Punisher War Journal #15 (2008)

The Phantom Zone #4 (1982)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I know I always point out someone's race in a pretty hosed way whenever I address someone whose name I don't know.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Discendo Vox posted:

Y'know Mike, you don't have to introduce yourself by listing your intelligence ranking.

Even just being in the top ten out of nearly eight billion is pretty impressive, really.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Darthemed posted:

drat, she's packing some serious sausage.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1990)
Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., was the voice of Alfred in B:TAS

Spider-Man & Wolverine #3 (2003)

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #2 (1993)

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1 (2001)

Keen Detective Funnies #24 (1940)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Darthemed posted:

Spider-Man & Pufferfish #3 (2003)