Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

projecthalaxy posted:

Torx® is a registered trademark of Acument Global Technologies, meaning that the lawful and certified production of Torx® products must be done by licensees adhering to Acument’s strict and exacting specifications. Acument regulates Torx® products worldwide, so no matter where you go, you can rely on Torx® products to always perform to the same high standards you expect.

Our Taiwan factory makes only Genuine Torx Licensed Product. Any product with names such as “Six Lobe”, “Star”, etc are non-licensed product and not subject to genuine Torx License Specifications.

Knockoff brands are not regulated, meaning their design specifications are left entirely up to the creators. Because of this, knockoffs of Torx® brand tools and screws are often improperly made, combining weak materials and incorrect design features to create substandard products. Worst of all, knockoff tools are unreliable, often coming out inconsistent with a variety of dimensions, materials, and durability. Knockoffs will often break, destroy other tools, or simply not get the job done correctly, forcing you to either live with bad results or find a new supplier of better quality supplies.

I would like to know more! Can I sign up for regular updates on genuine Torx® products in my inbox?
Torx®! Building tomorrow- today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I don't wanna torx about it

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Goa Tse-tung posted:

as an ESL it's sometimes that you go years before reading the actual word for some everyday appliance

it screws Screws, it's a Screwer god dammit!

Just like a hammer drives…

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Heavily intoxicated.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Torx®! Torx®! Torx®!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Screw you all for this derail

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think it's fasten-ating

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mokotow posted:

Torx®! Torx®! Torx®!

Phillips head screws are designed to prevent overtightening by forcing the screwdriver out of the screw once the desired tightness has been reached; this process is referred to as ‘cam-out’. While Phillips head screws are designed to encourage cam-out, Torx® screws do just the opposite and are designed to prevent cam-out, instead encouraging the screw to reach max tightness and reducing wear and tear on both screw and screwdriver.

Since cam-out is prevented with the use of Torx® tools, driver bits remain in good condition for longer. Use of Torx® tools in industrial settings can help to improve the lifespan of your tools, reducing purchasing costs over time and making Torx® one of the most cost competitive options currently available. With Torx®, you’ll be able to create long-lasting results without putting any unnecessary stress on yourself or your tools.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The thread has cammed out

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

The posting here needs to tighten up.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Screw this!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Incredible.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

eonblue174 posted:

Seconded

Also posidrive looks like 4 vaginas in a circle

Goddamn you

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mokotow posted:

Screw this!

Nailed it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Thread is just hammering out posts

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64zpxzeD97E

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"aw sweet, the meme thread has been going off all night posting mitch memes"

"what the gently caress is this?"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lib and let die posted:

"Oh hey there's 40 unread posts wonder what happened" - Jerry Seinfeld voice

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

related, what are those dumb fuckin' screws that go in your dresser drawers that you need a quarter to tighten and they never stay tight so the front of the drawer just comes off in your hands a few days after you tighten them down

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m screencapping uncomfortably sexual memes as fast as I can here, I am but one witch

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Lib and let die posted:

related, what are those dumb fuckin' screws that go in your dresser drawers that you need a quarter to tighten and they never stay tight so the front of the drawer just comes off in your hands a few days after you tighten them down

Dzus

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

let's loving kill them

anyway here's a meme from your friends at ngpvan

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Lib and let die posted:

Who is Mitch Memes?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Strange screw heads serve a very important purpose: You put them on poo poo you dont want people opening in the field. The less likely it is something in their toolbox fits it the better

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Acelerion posted:

Strange screw heads serve a very important purpose: You put them on poo poo you dont want people opening in the field. The less likely it is something in their toolbox fits it the better

That’s why I spray everything with superglue and Flex Shield.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Acelerion posted:

Also works in the opposite direction: if it has weird screws, I know not to mess with it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Alternatively, if it has weird screws the manufacturer wants you to pay hundreds of dollars at a licensed repair shop instead of buying a $10 bit kit to replace the PlayStation drive yourself

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have done alarms and other low voltage for years and sometimes panels use those weird screws because it's less likely someone that came to try to gently caress with an alarm panel is gonna bring the right bit.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Where's JIS you hacks??

Yeah, I learned about JIS the hard way while working on my Yamaha motorcycle.

Lowen SoDium has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Jul 27, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
my pocket knife has these dumbass screws and I got the special bit to remove them and it still cams out and sucks. they should have just used hex screws.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

This is why reboots and remakes loving suck. The original design where the monster had its eyes in its palms was far superior to whatever the gently caress this is.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Lib and let die posted:

let's loving kill them

anyway here's a meme from your friends at ngpvan

How do you embed video in a .PNG like that?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Whybird posted:

How do you embed video in a .PNG like that?

hell if i know, i stole it from the work slack

e: oh lmao

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Brawnfire posted:

Heavily intorxicated.

ftfy

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
There is ackshually an animated PNG standard (creatively named APNG) from the 2000s, it was one of the many formats that tried and failed to displace ye olde GIF.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But is it pronounced aping, or apinj?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone remember jpg2000 or did I hallucinate that as a kid

Like I know the answer but I want to feel affirmed