Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I would simply progress the seasonal questline but I guess I’m just built different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Punkreas posted:

This might be already well-known but just in case:

There's the one "they're feeding on my soul" event that if you kill the remaining enemies at the end of the timer before the ghost finishes their Sicko "Yes... Ha ha, yes!" line you'll complete the event without them turning into the elite you should otherwise have to fight.

Normally not a problem, you get a resplendent chest and move on with life.

Except one of the dungeons, which I forget the name but is on this season's NM rotation, has this event in the portion of the dungeon that has you slay all enemies.

And guess which untransformed, unkillable ghost counts as one of those enemies, hard-locking dungeon progression?

that sucks, but also i didn’t know that was the trigger to cause the elite not to spawn, thanks for sharing that

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Please explain in detail

Go to the undercroft.
Kill Varshan.
Loot heart.
Do NOT talk to Cormond.
Exit dungeon.
Reset dungeons.
Repeat.

There are 2-3 other heart-droppers on the way if you want, but only V is a guaranteed wrathful. Or you can just run past everything to V's room.

e;fb

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Is that only WT1/2, meaning you can only get DoT heart and rotating buff heart? Or can you do this in WT3 (barber) and/or WT4 (class-specific wrathful) as well?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
You can do it on WT4 and get the class specific hearts.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 27, 2023

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Hmm, can I level a character from scratch to WT4 before they nerf this

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The T3 sigil RNG is just the dumbest thing ever

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Do skill points that you have in Decrepify and its upgrades apply to the heart auto-Decrepify?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bold Robot posted:

Do skill points that you have in Decrepify and its upgrades apply to the heart auto-Decrepify?

Yep

E: and, as a rule of thumb, this seems to apply throughout the game. Free triggered abilities in general use the upgrades from skill points and other aspects

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 27, 2023

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tarnop posted:

Hmm, can I level a character from scratch to WT4 before they nerf this

Even better, since you probably want a class heart so you need to level the same class for extra boredom!

Tarnop posted:

E: and, as a rule of thumb, this seems to apply throughout the game. Free triggered abilities in general use the upgrades from skill points and other aspects

I like how many things auto bear/wolf form break that assume you don't have that chest. :v:

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Bold Robot posted:

In addition to what Tarnop said you also don't have to keep decrepify on your skill bar. The higher item level hearts can roll 1 or 0 enemies nearby to trigger the aura so its a real dubious value add to keep it slotted unless your build literally can't use anything else.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
alright i got a gibbous and the wolf chest and the crone staff. i know the wolf hat is pretty rare, do any of the wolf builds not rely on it? like is it doable but maybe annoying without the hat or is it a pretty hard no without

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
You can use the Crone staff by itself and still fare pretty well. It ends up being a basic attack build, more or less.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 27, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

harrygomm posted:

having only played like 1 or 2 D3 seasons, i have little personal experience. but i’ve seen other people talking about liking d3 having shorter seasons in general, a couple or a few weeks of content

assuming future seasons of d4 add more pizzazz/more in depth systems, is that still the desirable outcome with the framework in place? it doesn’t feel like it lines up with design currently (longer time to level than d3, redoing renown) but maybe with the new undecided end game activity (probably rifts remixed) will make that more viable? idk exactly where i’m going with this, just spitballing

In D3 It's really weeks or months depending on if you're playing two hours every weekend or 6 hours every day. Also depends on what you consider content. Are you going for Chapters 1 - 4 getting the portrait frame, or are you going for the Guardian which is 5 more chapters of increasingly grindy requirements to get the different colored one? Are you hitting paragon 800? Are you leveling 1 or 6 characters?

Personally I'd play in bits and pieces all throughout the season with different builds of my seasonal char, and maybe try other characters too not even finishing all the tiers. All with zero questing.

D4's only slow because they have nothing for the long term yet as they're still figuring out what parts are fun and what aren't, like the devs said. They are still making the game.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Tarnop posted:

Yep

This is the general rule, yep. I know that landslide with the terramotes upgrade works differently. You only get the terramotes and their buffs if the ability is on your bar. I've seen it explained by the fact that terramotes are tracked on the skill icon, but either way, it does make landslide an exception. It's the only one I know of.

Perhaps that's what the wolfbear chest poster meant.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Don't see how it matters.

I'd have all the ashes at level 79 instead of less than half of them

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

euphronius posted:

I think they were spooked by the negative feedback to the patch and nerfed level scaling at the last minute

they did this because people (like me) were saying that the level scaling is bullshit and I want to be able to just go into higher level zones earlier, and they thought what we meant was that we wanted to overlevel the content to feel big and strong, and get our power fantasy on

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Adding WT5 into the game too much work, reducing everybody damage and survivability by like 40% mathematically same thing. Badda bing badda boom.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
got a pair of Penitent Greaves and started dicking around with a Poison Imbuement Twisting Blades grenade build and it seems to own!?!! Core of the build is:

-Escape Artist/Quickening Fog to drop grenades
-Frostbitten Aspect freezes them
-Noxious Ice makes Poison Imbuement melt bosses. Like, im level 63 doing WT4 Malignant Tunnels and as soon as a boss freezes, they're dead.

I dont even have Smoke Grenade or Caltrops bound, I mignt give them a go instead lf Poison Trap along with the Exposure Key Passive and Cluster Munitions heart.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

harrygomm posted:

i know the wolf hat is pretty rare, do any of the wolf builds not rely on it? like is it doable but maybe annoying without the hat or is it a pretty hard no without

There's a poison shred build on maxroll that doesn't, but I haven't seen it in action. The wolf hat is unfortunately linked to resource generation which is like Diablo 4's holy grail... so yeah. Crone is pretty great on its own so as long as you're happy not being ultra meta (until you find a hat) you'll be fine.

They really seemed to have upped the drop rate on the uniques, though. Every druid I know has been tossing extras.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
cleared about 2 dozen tunnels now, seen two wrathful hearts, both bad. this ain’t it.

less than a level for all those clears in WT4

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 27, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mailer posted:

There's a poison shred build on maxroll that doesn't, but I haven't seen it in action. The wolf hat is unfortunately linked to resource generation which is like Diablo 4's holy grail... so yeah. Crone is pretty great on its own so as long as you're happy not being ultra meta (until you find a hat) you'll be fine.

They really seemed to have upped the drop rate on the uniques, though. Every druid I know has been tossing extras.

yeah i’ve been tossing extras of everything except that hat, hopefully it’s sooner than later

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Does anyone know if the Firebolt enchantment counts as one source of burning damage or makes each skill that triggers it count as their own source of burning damage?

I've had a look around but can't find any info that confirms it either way

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Does anyone know if the Firebolt enchantment counts as one source of burning damage or makes each skill that triggers it count as their own source of burning damage?

I've had a look around but can't find any info that confirms it either way

The icy veins guide I saw states it does.

For the firewall build I'm running I can get burning from my Fire Shield, Snake Ult, Firewall and Firebolt. The meteor proc from my enchantment also adds its own source for burning so getting the 3 happens quite easily.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

m.hache posted:

For the firewall build I'm running I can get burning from my Fire Shield, Snake Ult, Firewall and Firebolt. The meteor proc from my enchantment also adds its own source for burning so getting the 3 happens quite easily.

m.hache posted:

Cool, thanks. My sorc is only level 30ish but I'm running a warm wet lightning build that uses Firebolt, Frost Shards and Chain Lightning to trigger the Sorc vicious heart that increases damage per element used, and the Firebolt enchant to make them all apply burning for the mana regen. Was wondering if it was worth taking that passive or picking a different one, as none of the passives really benefit the build as much.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Thanks for the goon clans. I've sent applications as DruidCarey in game, account Goodpart.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fire Bolt enchantment is part of like every sorcerer build because of how stupid good it is. So good in fact, they just nerfed a bunch of auxiliary poo poo (devouring blaze) you used fire bolt enchantment to trigger!

And the best part is that even after all the nerf, you STILL pretty much want fire bolt enchantment anyways.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I would like for them to revert the changes lowering the difficulty of NMs and also the world level stuff :)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nah the lowered nm difficulty can stay but the field difficulty is miserable and I hate it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

SettingSun posted:

Nah the lowered nm difficulty can stay but the field difficulty is miserable and I hate it.

It’s 2 easy now. I would like for them to be harder at the high end

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wish malignant hearts out in the overworld had a lil map icon or something that showed up when you were close to them. They sort of blend in imo.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I've run into this a few times: in the dungeon event with the circle of tied up dudes, I free all five of them, or so I think, but one doesn't register. The guy remains and keeps begging too be untied, but he becomes non interactive. Is that a bug or did I mess something up?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jows posted:

I've run into this a few times: in the dungeon event with the circle of tied up dudes, I free all five of them, or so I think, but one doesn't register. The guy remains and keeps begging too be untied, but he becomes non interactive. Is that a bug or did I mess something up?

bug

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Jows posted:

So many of the dungeon events seem to bug out 8/10 times.

Kalimar
Mar 20, 2006

Could anyone help me out by running me through the WT3 capstone dungeon? I am not wanting to waste time with sacred tier and this 10 level gap difficulty that does not offer much sense.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man druid really is great. got the trample landslide aspect finally, along with the creeper landslide, and im owning. soon as i get the landslide doubler holy moly ill be obliterating poo poo. im already getting assloads of resets, hitting poison creeper 3-4 times per pack

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm level 63 and haven't seen a barber yet. Very sad.

I did find the deaths visage unique helmet though. Since level 61ish most content became trivial again in wt4. I can still get one shotted because everything is 75+ but most things die instantly or in seconds.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

I have a barber but I'm like level 53, do I just save this for when I'm like level 95 or so?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

WalletBeef posted:

I have a barber but I'm like level 53, do I just save this for when I'm like level 95 or so?

You might want to save it for good ilvl gear anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

WalletBeef posted:

Use it now to make it easier to farm the next one.

I played chain lightning Sorc for 72 levels and it was really, really bad. I got a barber and now it's the Sorc from the first open beta again. The heart is so stupidly overpowered that it doesn't really matter what level you are or how good the item is you put it in. Just use it. It's probably going to get nerfed next week anyways.