Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said 'Bit Butt & Beyond' yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
no, but it's too late now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what about tulip mania, are there any historical accounts of bagholders going crazy and fawning over their worthless bulbs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

market reform

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

really screams: 'Sound financial advice!'

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zetamind2000 posted:

market reform

"(BCG vs Scooby Doo)"? Was this written by Nathen Mazri?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Fur20 posted:

what about tulip mania, are there any historical accounts of bagholders going crazy and fawning over their worthless bulbs

at least the tulipbros could plant some flowers after it all went bust

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

drk posted:

looks like our old pal SBF is back in court with some fresh new crimes, also some new info on him not being able to shut up about his crimes

(another source reporting the witness is Caroline Ellison)

The thing is we're seeing this late. I am quite sure the judge knew this was happening when they made him switch phones in the first place and probably said an equivalent of "please stop criming". As I literally said and expected months and months ago and it was explicit that he would be doing this. It's witness tampering and other crimes all the way down.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/judge-approves-taps-on-sbf-s-parents-phones-to-meet-bail-conditions

which is why this happened before it:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/sbf-banned-from-using-online-messengers-under-new-bail-agreement

which stemmed from:
https://gizmodo.com/sbf-crypto-extradition-bail-sam-bankman-fried-1849924471

He's basically been constantly doing this poo poo. It's like if Julian Assange tries to have a meeting with Putin and was shocked poo poo happened from trying to do so

edit: this also came up, lol.
https://www.theblock.co/post/241227/bdo-ftx-europe-deal

article posted:

Accounting firm BDO found nothing amiss in controversial FTX Europe deal

--snip--

FTX Trading has filed suit to recover more than $320 million “wrongly paid to the defendants by FTX at the direction of Sam Bankman-Fried to acquire a company, the purported value of which came from a license obtained after the transaction for just over $2 million.” That figure refers to the €2 million that Matzke and Gruhn paid to acquire K-DNA Financial Services Ltd., a licensed Cyprus investment firm.

Besides that license, FTX Trading alleges that Bankman-Fried and his colleagues paid more than $376 million for little more than “a ‘business plan.’”

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 27, 2023

CrypticFox
Dec 19, 2019

"You are one of the most incompetent of tablet writers"

Mercury_Storm posted:

Loll is that from r/superstonk?

No, I think its from /r/BBBY, which is a far more pathetic sub. Gamestop is at least still a functioning company, Bed Bath and Beyond no longer exists.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CrypticFox posted:

No, I think its from /r/BBBY, which is a far more pathetic sub. Gamestop is at least still a functioning company, Bed Bath and Beyond no longer exists.

Not only that, but it has continually found ways to not exist even more.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

davecrazy posted:

Aren’t their still Sears dead enders?

You got retroactive Blockbuster cultists.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt blockbuster get a zombie revive commercial for the super bowl like 2 years ago?

"we're back!" *does nothing for years*

yeah totes back. once again love the analogy someone posted about buying tickets to the rapture/heaven.

no fundamental businesses model. just buying and ownership means theyre ssj diamond moon hands.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't remember a Blockbuster one, but there was 100% a RadioShack one.

Edit: Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEitucc2Jlc

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

zetamind2000 posted:

market reform

Uhhhh Buck Breaking eh? Money bucks or are we using slavery euphemisms here.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

rydiafan posted:

I don't remember a Blockbuster one, but there was 100% a RadioShack one.

Edit: Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEitucc2Jlc

I think that guy that was famous for doing videos in his garage with a rented Lamborghini and a shoddily assembled bookshelf behind him bough the brand and did that, for some reason, probably crime.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I sleep in a Lambo bed, do you??

I sleep in a big bed with your wife.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Black Noise posted:

the first dogwhistling the second

see also prison wine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Black Noise posted:

Oh man if we get tariq nasheed involved with this

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"(BCG vs Scooby Doo)"? Was this written by Nathen Mazri?

One common feature of cults is a special internal language that serves to insulate and further alienate the members from the rest of the world.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Part of me thinks the BBBY Reddit is just some weird long form roleplay things. But then they have like a nightly YouTube show or something so it’s all very elaborate.

And then there’s gme_meltdown which is whole dedicated to nitpicking posts made by the first group. There’s gotta be a 3rd one making fun of the meltdown one, right?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Even if those subreddits are performative, which I have no doubt they at least partially are, pretending to be an idiot for a long enough period of time just makes you an actual idiot.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Reddit guy confesses he spent a $100k on BBBY stock which is all worthless now.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
In any case, I guess now is finally over? The stores are closed, the employees fired.

Threes no way someone can rationalize a way keep believing this poo poo, right?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Reddit guy confesses he spent a $100k on BBBY stock which is all worthless now.

LOLOL buy the dip dipshits.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

In any case, I guess now is finally over? The stores are closed, the employees fired.

If they were dumb enough to believe it up until now they're dumb enough to keep believing it still.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elias_Maluco posted:

But what if, and hear me out, you mint an NFT of BBBY, so even when it's gone its stock is still valuable?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

davecrazy posted:

Aren’t their still Sears dead enders?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SearsForever/

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

GigaPeon posted:

Part of me thinks the BBBY Reddit is just some weird long form roleplay things. But then they have like a nightly YouTube show or something so it’s all very elaborate.

And then there’s gme_meltdown which is whole dedicated to nitpicking posts made by the first group. There’s gotta be a 3rd one making fun of the meltdown one, right?

/r/gme_meltdown_meltdown/

Elias_Maluco posted:

That's what's so entertaining about it. Every piece of catastrophically bad news has a fresh cope, a new spin on how it's actually 4D chess and any day now we'll be proven right.

huhmz
Jun 5, 2005
Don't know if this has been posted before but it's a hilariously thorough takedown of buttcoin, ethereum and nfts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

huhmz posted:

Don't know if this has been posted before but it's a hilariously thorough takedown of buttcoin, ethereum and nfts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Now that there's a handy "search this thread" field at the top of each page, you can just search for YQ_xWvX1n9g and see how many times it's been posted before (the answer is: 12 times, not counting your post)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am waiting with bated breath for Dan Olson's meme stock video because it is loving IMPOSSIBLE to explain BBBY to people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Scratch Monkey posted:

One common feature of cults is a special internal language that serves to insulate and further alienate the members from the rest of the world.

SettingSun posted:

Even if those subreddits are performative, which I have no doubt they at least partially are, pretending to be an idiot for a long enough period of time just makes you an actual idiot.

I'm pretty sure a huge part of how cults work is basically breaking down that line between performative and genuine. Perhaps the same could be said of all religions. You have your social events, your rituals, your shared lingo, catchphrases and in-jokes, understanding of the world that inherently revolves around the community and how it and its members have special and unique status beyond the rest of the ignorant world. A cult is basically a religion that hasn't gotten big enough to be lazy yet.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Now that there's a handy "search this thread" field at the top of each page, you can just search for YQ_xWvX1n9g and see how many times it's been posted before (the answer is: 12 times, not counting your post)

funnily enough, eight hundred pages ago was jan 20 2022, the day before that video came out

so only getting reposted twelve times in thirty-two thousand posts works out to what, not quite four posts in ten thousand? a lot rarer than it feels! every sixty to sixty five pages, on average

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But has someone said buttcoin yet?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That video is only a year and half old goddamn. NFTs have all but been obliterated since that video.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Sentient Data posted:

no, unfortunately.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SettingSun posted:

That video is only a year and half old goddamn. NFTs have all but been obliterated since that video.

Then why are they still making them? Marvel and DC just announced new NFTs.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

in at least 769 posts in this thread, it seems.

I'd have expected more, honestly

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lammasu posted:

Then why are they still making them? Marvel and DC just announced new NFTs.

Obviously they're still around but they command a fraction of value they used to and companies are abandoning their nft plans almost as quickly as they are devising them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SettingSun posted:

On twitch he said he rushed it out the door because he was so worried it was going to collapse before the video came out.