Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

AndyElusive posted:

Midwinter Minis really struggling to come up with compelling content lately I see.

Next video: Macaroni Art Marines.

He should just switch to posting videos of his kids cooking their baby dolls in the oven.

That man is raising some proper World Eaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

My kneejerk reaction was "wtf kids are dumb who would be into this" but then I reflected that two arbitrarily opposed sides in constant violent conflict isn't all that different from Transformers, He-Man, or GI Joe; there's just no toy company behind the Skibidi Toilets and Camera Men animations.

What's missing is a bunch of characters with individual decos but gang-molded parts so you can convince kids (and 30-year-olds with disposable income) to "collect em all"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Eediot Jedi posted:

They can come in pairs. One will always roll six, one die will always roll one. If someone challenges your magic 6 die, you switcheroo the magic 6 die for the magic 1 die, roll, and say "See!"

E: the dice are weighted to be magic. putting the dice in salt water is how to test them, anything will float if there is enough salt in the water to be more dense than the object is, weighted dice will float with their cheating face up, normal dice will show random faces. In the story the cheater used the dice to get first turn, by the third/fourth game the opponent was suspicious and told a ref. The opponent blusters about how offended they are, says gently caress this, they'd rather concede than have their honour impugned. The ref said we'd need salt water to test for sure, the opponent leaves to go buy salt.

While waiting the cheater goes to the toilet. When the opponent comes back, and the cheater is back, the cheater goes "what dice?" Someone thinks lol wait if they were weighted, the dice wouldn't make it around the s bend in a toilet, and goes to check the toilet stalls.

2nd e: I like this story because you could technically say the opponent was being salty.

I don't understand why he wouldn't have some identical looking normal dice and pull a switcheroo when it looked like he might get confronted. But I guess someone smart enough to think of that isn't going think they'll be smart enough to get away with using loaded dice at a tournament.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I mean I assume he would have identical normal dice, you'd have to be an idiot to bring special loaded dice you only roll once then never again, but we might not be dealing with the best and brightest. I also assume that if you're going to bother testing one die in the salt water, may as well test all the identical ones.

The reason they're paired is to offset the small chance that an identical normal die might naturally roll a 6 when proving, then naturally roll 6 again when proving that. It's unlikely but possible. You're trying to cut off further investigation right there.

E: the story could also just be bullshit made up by someone throwing some dice in the toilet and taking a picture. I didn't fact check this, just regurgitated it as best I could.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 26, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Here's a short video that goes over the weighted dice cheater stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfR5NLayyxM

But from the sounds of it in the video below, the cheater actually threw the dice in the shitter after he was busted while the guys in the first video say he did it before anyone confirmed they were weighted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jZqm4r6Klk

Either way, pretty funny stuff.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The real reason pairs of weighted dice roll a 6 and a 1 is because they're for Craps you nerds.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bucnasti posted:

The real reason pairs of weighted dice roll a 6 and a 1 is because they're for Craps you nerds.

That's also why they're in the toilet

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

That's also why they're in the toilet

I acknowledge this as Clever.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

I actually really like this, it reads as a crystal crust growing on their shell. Like Tyranids ate a planet rich in crystal minerals and started excreting them

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

I acknowledge this as Clever.

yep, credit must be given

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

I actually really like this, it reads as a crystal crust growing on their shell. Like Tyranids ate a planet rich in crystal minerals and started excreting them

It's also part of a larger video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gtvn5XQkYU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I like how most of his wife's paintjobs were well thought out and straightforward and most of his were "and then I covered the carapace with trash."

Those aquarium plants do not hold paint for long.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 27, 2023

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

"He GAVE me LOADED DICE!"

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like how most of his wife's paintjobs were well thought out and straightforward and most of his were "and then I covered the carapace with trash."

Those aquarium plants do not hold paint for long.

That's not his wife (yet) the old wife (and mother of his children) appears to have gotten :commissar:.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

She was killed via summary execution? Harsh, Guy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

That's not his wife (yet) the old wife (and mother of his children) appears to have gotten :commissar:.

"Painting partner" then? I don't watch too many youtubers.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Painting partner" then? I don't watch too many youtubers.

Shame. You miss out on some absolute tea being spilled.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Z the IVth posted:

The previous was only his girlfriend, they never got married. They split shortly after their twins were born, bit I have no idea why. All the Reddit drama posts were deleted.

And I'm not sure if he's dating the new co-host or not, but she showed up almost immediately after the breakup.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

3 Action Economist posted:

The previous was only his girlfriend, they never got married. They split shortly after their twins were born, bit I have no idea why. All the Reddit drama posts were deleted.

And I'm not sure if he's dating the new co-host or not, but she showed up almost immediately after the breakup.

I made a smart rear end comment on a video once and she replied "Dude, I'm just doing a job. Please don't." So I deleted the comment. So maybe it's just employee/employer. Also, who cares really?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

can goons go one thread without being creepy and trying to dig into the relationships and personal lives of people who post on youtube?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
No

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Can't argue with that :shrug:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Of course we're gonna occasionally bullshit about stuff like that. We live in a society.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Yeah, a creepy society.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That's not creepy, that's just horny. Unless the models are made to look like specific women, then yeah it's creepy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
But my parasocial relationship!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Idly speculating whether an influencer is dating his co-host is a far cry from OSINT analysis of telephoto shots of celebrities on vacation present in all UK tabloids.

Besides if you don't want randos on the Internet commenting on your social life make like a faceless Asian youtuber and don't post any of that poo poo online. The faceless youtubes are invariably superior in any case since they're not relying on a pretty face to sell their channel and need to actually have some skill.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

3 Action Economist posted:

Midwinter Minis Guy's wife posted on reddit 5 days ago:

Penny posted:

My other half left me for his new assistant (whom he had brought to our house previously and whom I had encouraged him to hire) with 11m old twins and I was completely devastated. Still on maternity pay, barely coping as it was, let alone by myself. Mental health down the toilet.

Edit: Wrote wife , but I meant ex-partner as they were not married.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 30, 2023

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Well mystery solved I guess, and I won't be watching his content anymore.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

that first tyranid from the video earlier with the Rice Krispies glued on looks quite bad. The extra stuff doesn’t add anything to the model, it just seems like an extra step for the sake of an extra step.

I’ve seen other videos that just use sprue goo and texture paint and those always look much better and more organic, and they’re way less troublesome to use

Also leaving your wife after she gave birth to your twins is a major dirtbag move lol so gently caress that guy

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fuckin brutal. Didn't watch MWM much anyway and now I know to avoid it completely.

Also looks like you got gaslit, Indolent Bastard.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I just wanted post a nice painting video!

This is why I never share the things I like.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AndyElusive posted:

Fuckin brutal. Didn't watch MWM much anyway and now I know to avoid it completely.

Also looks like you got gaslit, Indolent Bastard.

I half suspected, but I'm fine to give the benefit of the doubt. Guy seems to have run out of interesting ideas a while ago. Hattie has added some new life, but it isn't that great.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yo can someone post a Tyranid with titties or a Titan with an enormous lumpy phallus, because we all could use cheering up now.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I think it's nice of him to honor his grandma like that

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That marine looks like he’s wearing a professional wrestling championship belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Screaming Idiot posted:

a Tyranid with titties