Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also the prof. was suspended within hours of her remark so sounds to me like Buckingham Jr. got on the horn to mommy immediately to tattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zoux posted:

I had to drive around central Houston on surface streets last week and that poo poo is labyrinthine.

skill issue

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

I had to drive around central Houston on surface streets last week and that poo poo is labyrinthine.

Houston Subway now!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Houston Subway now!

idk why you'd put a roof on the bayous.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

zoux posted:

Compared to what?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Also just … have your phone mounted on the dash. “WHERE DO I GO” where the map tells you to, dude. poo poo I’ll map a route I’ve driven 1000x times just because hey maybe it tells me there’s an accident.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Hey so need some help and don't know what thread to post this in and this seems like the most general Texas thread so I'm posting it here.

My nephew who has lived with us on and off for the past three years and full time for the past year is Turning the age where he is going to start driving.

He is having anxiety attacks over it since he's trans and has no interest in getting a license with his birth gender or name on it.

Is there anything we can do to change that or get a general license? Or are we hosed and have to leave the state? We are in a pickle since although he's been living with us this long we don't have any legal claim to him. Just a general understanding from the family members that our place is the best situation for him.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Hey so need some help and don't know what thread to post this in and this seems like the most general Texas thread so I'm posting it here.

My nephew who has lived with us on and off for the past three years and full time for the past year is Turning the age where he is going to start driving.

He is having anxiety attacks over it since he's trans and has no interest in getting a license with his birth gender or name on it.

Is there anything we can do to change that or get a general license? Or are we hosed and have to leave the state? We are in a pickle since although he's been living with us this long we don't have any legal claim to him. Just a general understanding from the family members that our place is the best situation for him.

Good luck. I honestly mean it. You might also want to consider that you could be getting on the radar for harassment by CPS maybe and since you don't have legal guardianship idk how that'd work out for y'all. It's a really lovely spot to be in.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

You could try getting the name legally changed, but without guardianship I don't know how that works.
https://www.ssa.gov/personal-record/change-name

SSA also does sex identification. No idea how that relates to Texas, but you can have the government identify your sex as whatever you want (between M/F, they're working on gender neutral??)
https://www.ssa.gov/personal-record/change-sex-identification

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

It’s a couple grids, have you managed to get lost in Lubbock too?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I heard Zoux got lost driving from Houston to San Antonio.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux was injured in an eighteen wheeler accident between Beaumont and Orange

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sab0921 posted:

Houston Subway now!

they've already got the creepy massive underground caverns, connecting them by rail is just good sense

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

gently caress it let elon drill a hyper loop and drown some idiots

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

zoux was injured in an eighteen wheeler accident between Beaumont and Orange

Its a miracle I havent been

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
When I-10 was under heavy construction around Orange it was always hairy as poo poo crossing over from Louisiana because the lanes were halved and shrunk and covered in dirt and some debris but absolutely no one slowed down.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Dameius posted:

When I-10 was under heavy construction around Orange it was always hairy as poo poo crossing over from Louisiana because the lanes were halved and shrunk and covered in dirt and some debris but absolutely no one slowed down.

check out this pussy who slowed down

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Google Jeb Bush posted:

they've already got the creepy massive underground caverns, connecting them by rail is just good sense

Too much water and flooding. No, what we need is some kind above ground train system, but the state gov will try to gently caress it up like the Metro. We need something dumb, gimmicky, and flashy, while being deceptively functional to trick them...something like the MONORAIL!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is there a chance the track could sink?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Jake Gittes posted:

check out this pussy who slowed down

I said no one slowed down. We were all doing 90+.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

i say swears online posted:

is there a chance the track could sink?

Not on your life, you loving dink

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What's the rent for living in there? 3,000 a month?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
I've been driving on 35 between Austin and San Antonio like, a lot for the last six months and every time I do I hate America a little bit more.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1684536362559492096

governor abbott please issue kill or capture order

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dameius posted:

All that poo poo is now between Katy and Sealy and it loving sucks, half the drivers are old ladies white knuckling their way through the death star trench at the posted work zone speed limit of 55 while the other half are cranked up truck drivers doing 20 over, and then there's somehow a third half of Pickup Truck people with insane bumper stickers

loving ugh

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Wilbur Swain posted:

I've been driving on 35 between Austin and San Antonio like, a lot for the last six months and every time I do I hate America a little bit more.

Every time I drive from Austin to the Valley I die a little more inside because I keep thinking I should be on a high speed train instead of wasting 10 hours of my life for a roundtrip drive.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

loving ugh

on week 15 we riot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Bud Adams was dead, only he could be this spiteful

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
his daughter is carrying on the spite in his honor

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

SyRauk posted:

Every time I drive from Austin to the Valley I die a little more inside because I keep thinking I should be on a high speed train instead of wasting 10 hours of my life for a roundtrip drive.

Weren’t they planning on high speed rail at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
in before the mass of replies re: choo choo train

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lock! Her! Up!

zoux posted:

All that poo poo is now between Katy and Sealy and it loving sucks, half the drivers are old ladies white knuckling their way through the death star trench at the posted work zone speed limit of 55 while the other half are cranked up truck drivers doing 20 over, and then there's somehow a third half of Pickup Truck people with insane bumper stickers

Honestly you just described a normal day on 45 on any given day, including clear conditions all lanes open.

nelson posted:

Weren’t they planning on high speed rail at one point? Whatever happened to that?

Amazingly enough, there is forward progress on the state side for clearing a HSR route connecting the Triangle, starting with Houston<->Dallas but also if I remember right the company that has the rights to do this is a hollow shell of a holding company in a shell company's holding company's portfolio. But also the Japanese rail company hasn't pulled out so :shrug:

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

Dameius posted:

Lock! Her! Up!

Honestly you just described a normal day on 45 on any given day, including clear conditions all lanes open.

Amazingly enough, there is forward progress on the state side for clearing a HSR route connecting the Triangle, starting with Houston<->Dallas but also if I remember right the company that has the rights to do this is a hollow shell of a holding company in a shell company's holding company's portfolio. But also the Japanese rail company hasn't pulled out so :shrug:

TCR has been working on that poo poo for over a decade; there have been nothing but issues at almost every step. Including things with imminent domain all the way to vendors dropping out. It's one hell of a poo poo show and worth a read if you're into that kind of poo poo.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
lol if any of y'all think a bunch of heavily armed rednecks are gonna let a hypothetical nonexistent railroad company to eminent domain one square inch of their property

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Jake Gittes posted:

lol if any of y'all think a bunch of heavily armed rednecks are gonna let a hypothetical nonexistent railroad company to eminent domain one square inch of their property

The good news is they don't have a say in the matter

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

The what now?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sab0921 posted:

The what now?

there is an awful lot of underground development in houston

it became an exciting underwater adventure for a bit during Harvey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

just the tunnels downtown afaik. most houses here don't even have basements.