Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Good to know. Still cool that they are pulling from the unlabelled foundry weapon models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol @ the caps still, loving amateur hour as usual. Next season is gonna need to be fairly cool to drag people that left back for more than to hit 100 and bounce imo.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

So your theoretical max across all three characters went

Shards and Alloys: 40 -> 30
Prisms: 200 -> 100

Feels like a bit of a nerf tbh.

I always binge the easier GM nightfalls every season, so my three mailboxes are always full of the stuff. The convenience of having it all in one place is worth it. Character switching to maximize golfballs is an annoyance.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So what you're telling me is now I can hold sixty golf balls.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ponzicar posted:

I always binge the easier GM nightfalls every season, so my three mailboxes are always full of the stuff. The convenience of having it all in one place is worth it. Character switching to maximize golfballs is an annoyance.

I'm not bothered so much by the golf balls, I think it's very rare to ever need or want to hold on to more than 30 of them, piss crystals, I dunno. I've gone through gear purges in my vault across all my characters and wound up with a lot of crystals left over. I guess at least now it'll be easier to just convert them into golf balls.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pirate Jet posted:

In theory yes, but it may not be possible to get there as you won't be able to enter season 22 with more than 40 and then the drop rules change and you may not get any more

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

No. With the change there'll be no more hoarding in postmaster.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

No. With the change there'll be no more hoarding in postmaster.

I think he means the 10 in each postmaster (30) will be safe there forever, and then the inventory will be able to hold 30 now.

So we've got 60, but we can only spend 30 at a time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The inventory will be able to hold 30, but it depends on what "at the cap" means. If it just checks inventory, you can earn from 10 up to 30 even with 10/10/10 in postmasters. But if it counts the postmasters, you won't get any more, so you'll be at 10/10/10/10 forever with 20 unused capacity in inventory that you never get a drop for

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think he means the 10 in each postmaster (30) will be safe there forever, and then the inventory will be able to hold 30 now.

So we've got 60, but we can only spend 30 at a time.

Oh I missed the part where the stuff already in postmaster isn't getting blown up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Oh I missed the part where the stuff already in postmaster isn't getting blown up.

YET :getin:

They'll kick things off with a Mission Complete screen (three second timer) that barfs 21 legendary engrams at you

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PathAsc posted:

Lol @ the caps still, loving amateur hour as usual. Next season is gonna need to be fairly cool to drag people that left back for more than to hit 100 and bounce imo.

There'll be a newreprised raid at least, and doing weekly clears of GotD if you don't have the exotic yet.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MJeff posted:

So your theoretical max across all three characters went

Shards and Alloys: 40 -> 30
Prisms: 200 -> 100

Feels like a bit of a nerf tbh.

It's a nerf op

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

if you've managed to stock up 40 golfballs, and don't seem to be using them, I dont think you're going to miss 10.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Anything that makes minmaxing nerds mad is categorically good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

if you've managed to stock up 40 golfballs, and don't seem to be using them, I dont think you're going to miss 10.

Yeah, I have, uh, 3

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The problem with the 10 cap was that you really only use them in intervals of 6 so you're spending down your supply in a flash, even if you've been maxed out for a year

30 will be nice and solves the problem Bungie recognized where players fall into one of three categories

- Players who always have 0 golfballs because they don't do Master+ content
- Players who currently have 0 golfballs because they recently engaged in Buildcrafting and spent 'em all
- Players who currently have 10 golfballs because they have not recently engaged in Buildcrafting

There was no population of gamers who just casually earn & spend golfballs while maintaining some gas in the tank

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you hit the cap then you clearly aren't using them. It's not an issue. If you really want then just masterwork some exotics. "But I only get one back for the three!" It doesn't matter. If you're masterworking poo poo often enough then you aren't hitting the cap and if you are hitting the cap then you don't need yet more shards. It's the dumbest thing I have seen so much that basically boils down to "but I want to hooooard" and if that's you then lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

syntaxfunction posted:

If you hit the cap then you clearly aren't using them.

That's quite a rant but the issue Bungie and I have agreed on is that the cap is too low and players oscillate between two undesirable states (empty and at capacity)

The problem is solved and the game is better whether you like it or NOT buster!! Now read my lips! *smiles sincerely because this is great news*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All you really need is enough upgrade materials for the rest of 2023 and all of 2024 then it's Marathon time anyway.

Also if you didn't spend bright dust getting this week's space zeppelin then why even collect it?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Anything that makes minmaxing nerds mad is categorically good

That’s right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DancingShade posted:

All you really need is enough upgrade materials for the rest of 2023 and all of 2024 then it's Marathon time anyway.

Also if you didn't spend bright dust getting this week's space zeppelin then why even collect it?

I can't decide if the bumper boat or the scooty puff jr. sparrow is better, they're both top tier though

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I have, uh, 3

:same:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
So for those of us lame enough to be collecting Bungie's little seal pins - is there not a Flamekeeper pin for this year? I'm hearing that since it was available last year, it's not available for this year, which feels... silly.

I guess I have to wait for one of those events where Bungie offers up old Rewards items again?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The only real takeaway from this week’s blog post:

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1684626189149687808?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's Seraph Station, Vox and Presage that will part of the rotator at the start, right?

I guess when they add Harbinger Hawkmoon will become craftable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes. Craftable Dead Messenger when

The other takeaway from the blog post is that the raid for next season launches on 9/1 rather than 8/25 as we were expecting, but it's OK because that's a long weekend

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
DMT and Hawkmoon will be made craftable because their whole thing was having different rolls like legendaries. Dead Messenger only has the one roll, same as any other exotic.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is there any news on when the exotic rotator is coming in? I thought it was this season, but apparently not.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there any news on when the exotic rotator is coming in? I thought it was this season, but apparently not.

Season 22

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

DMT and Hawkmoon will be made craftable because their whole thing was having different rolls like legendaries. Dead Messenger only has the one roll, same as any other exotic.
Still could be cool if the sort of "selling point" of the exotic mission rotator (and exotic missions in general) are about craftable exotics to inject some replayability. For the guns they don't want to change too much, just add some catalyst customization.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Dead Messenger is already insanely OP in the right hands. It does not need anything.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the TWaB mentioning Magnus Archives as an inspiration for the Veil Containment lore is really funny and cool because I know Basira’s VA plays Destiny.. ftw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure how I feel about the mention that there will be more veil containment entries in seasons 22 and 23. I guess it's good that they're continuing to develop this thread, but I was kinda hoping they'd change up how it's delivered. Although it's actually written into the dialog for this week that there are only 3 more files to decrypt, so maybe they will change it up a little bit

It's good that they acknowledge a) how the activity was presented in-game left a lot to be desired and b) it's basically a sci-fi/horror podcast

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
So much for Maya and Chioma's HEA I guess.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Dead Messenger is already insanely OP in the right hands. It does not need anything.

I love that gun but never got the catalyst. I hate timed missions with a passion :smith:.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Lol I had that thought too. Can’t two of our many lesbians just lead happy lives???

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think we’re down to just Ana Bray and Camrin Dumuzi. unless the prophecy is realized and Sjur comes back

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I still want autoloading, but you're probably right.

haveblue posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about the mention that there will be more veil containment entries in seasons 22 and 23. I guess it's good that they're continuing to develop this thread, but I was kinda hoping they'd change up how it's delivered. Although it's actually written into the dialog for this week that there are only 3 more files to decrypt, so maybe they will change it up a little bit
Yeah, hearing it's continuing confused me because of that bit. Maybe it's going to continue in a slightly different fashion - we go and find logs somewhere else / someone else's logs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

General Battuta posted:

Yeah, man, it really sucks when a lesbian couple doesn't get a happily ever after. Like if one of them, say, gets drowned by an oppressive regime or something. Really lovely when that happens in publications.