Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

100% true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

uh oh... I was about ready to make a post making fun of zelda "puzzles" (Are you a bad enough dude to light this torch with your torch-lighting item, lmao) but it's the start of dungeon 2 in oracle of ages and I'm stuck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

100% true for 8% of players

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

lol

starfield's secret weapon: that users will fix the broken game and make it playable 6 months from now

I hate that you're probably right about this.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

there's a puzzle in the original link's awakening that permanently blocks you from beating the game if you gently caress it up, doesn't get more hardcore than that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I always play their games at launch so the only mods available are like no inventory weight and other poo poo a cheatengine table would be basically be able to do anyway.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im gonna play starfield at launch and then again 2 years later with 5000 mods

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I watched the vid and its actually not bad and also not really about the headline at all (surprise). They just interview some big name Skyrim mod makers about why Starfield is likely to pull them in where as FO4 didn't. Spoilers: they like the huge possibility space and the idea that each mod can kind of have its own little planet makes them happy because it means more mods can work together without getting in each other's way

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I almost never play games with mods. The only exceptions are using a save editor to cheat myself to 99999 credits in Mass Effect 1/2 and X-MAX to triple the monster density in Titan Quest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dont usually like dealing with mods.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no mods no masters

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Getting the urge to play some civ6 again....

Are there any recent good 4X games?

I bounce off anything with fantasy content in the 4X genre, except Endless Legend... I guess I prefer these types of games to be more historical materialist lol

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I scrolled past this and my brain somehow read the phrase #EpicMickeyMondays.

A truly cursed thing to experience.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Age of Wonders 4 rules but it's pretty much the exact opposite of historical.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1684092527006355456

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

uh oh... I was about ready to make a post making fun of zelda "puzzles" (Are you a bad enough dude to light this torch with your torch-lighting item, lmao) but it's the start of dungeon 2 in oracle of ages and I'm stuck

Ages Is The puzzle game and Seasons the fighting game. You might wanna come back to Ages after warming up in seasons

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ages is also the one with the worst swimming controls Ive seen in a 2D game, gotta mash the direction you wanna go in very annoying

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bounce off anything with fantasy content in the 4X genre, except Endless Legend... I guess I prefer these types of games to be more historical materialist lol

Old World came out last year and it's good, it comes from the lead designer on Civ 4 and incorporates some light Crusader Kings style dynasty stuff. It's still getting pretty regular feature and QOL additions too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't play any other 4x game. Only civ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's not new but play Master of Orion 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Darkstalkers

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-aJeLOhFo

guys i think this game is gonna be sick

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghost Trick 2 confirmed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-aJeLOhFo

guys i think this game is gonna be sick

I know we were all pretty negative on Lords of the Fallen when it was originally announced, but the more that gets shown the better it looks. I think the devs realized they had their work cut out for them to convince people that this was a souls like game worth everyones attention. The genre is jam packed with games, many of them are not worth playing.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
More Castlevania anime on the horizon

https://youtu.be/wYvJZ3Itw8A

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I was skeptical but that does look great. Idk why they called it Lords of the Fallen again though, the brand does nothing for them but remind people of one of the earliest and most mediocre souls knockoffs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Weird thing is it was originally announced as "The Lords of the Fallen" and then they removed the "The"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Gotta save that for the 4th game in the series.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

II Lords II Fallen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lords of the Fallen: Origins

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"The lords of the fallen"

Geraltishly: "shove off"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if the game reviews well they should rename it The Good Lords of the Fallen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

if the game reviews well they should rename it The Good Lords of the Fallen

give it extensive outfit cosmetics and call it The Lord And Tailor Of The Fallen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

boreds of the failin

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChickenHeart posted:

More Castlevania anime on the horizon

https://youtu.be/wYvJZ3Itw8A

Keeping the mood of the original anime is a poor choice for rondo imo. Rondo is the story of a himbo and a cutesy little girl slapsticking their way into beating up a played-straight dracula

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Can't wait for Gotcha Force 2.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ngl it's really refreshing that the sequel to remnant: from the ashes is just called "remnant 2"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remnant of the Asses.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

not doing the spiderman movie thing of going like "Remnant: In the Ashes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
remnant: across the ashes