Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Angryhead posted:

https://www.patreon.com/actionbutton
you don't have to pay to see that there was last an update on the 28th of October.

Each update costs $50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Worth every penny.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Escobarbarian posted:

I met a friend from Tim’s discord server irl yesterday :)

Nice, i should hang out in the bunker more regularly, folks in there always seemed cool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

The sure sign that tim season is drawing a bit closer once more is all the posters starting to get riled up. They sense it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

circling the thread, waiting for the hunk of meat covered in flies get out of my way

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i wonder if the bunker is bigger than the something awful forums now..

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH0s2_S_Ck
the man called it: the last E3!
also I laughed real hard out loud at "Like how nuts is this gonna make me? 'Cause I gotta fly a plane tonight"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Has there been any hint what the next video is about?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
LA Noire

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Ulio posted:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

upon seeing this youtube link, I realized my first daily mistake, my entire life, had always been not knowing that tim literally played videoball with Gerstmann and Dave Lang somewhere in the Giantbomb office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9d1_8M0uA4&t=1116s

but despite jeff's best efforts, it was already too late

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dijkstracula posted:

upon seeing this youtube link, I realized my first daily mistake, my entire life, had always been not knowing that tim literally played videoball with Gerstmann and Dave Lang somewhere in the Giantbomb office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9d1_8M0uA4&t=1116s

but despite jeff's best efforts, it was already too late

That's a sick Notre Dame jacket; I wonder if it was in Rudy.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xs421EjkeA
Skip to 14m22s for a surprise cameo (or watch the whole video from the beginning because it's great)
e: stay tuned after the credits for an extended cameo

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 26, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
At this rate he'll be able to do the remake of La noire

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

->DOUBT

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Angryhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xs421EjkeA
Skip to 14m22s for a surprise cameo (or watch the whole video from the beginning because it's great)
e: stay tuned after the credits for an extended cameo

Never predicted I'd one day see Tim and Jezza in the same video, but maybe I should have

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You've now made me realise how much I want to see Tim Rogers interviewing Jeremy Corbyn.

Or Jeremy Corbyn interviewing Tim Rogers.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

https://hard-drive.net/hd/technology/youtuber-starting-to-think-7-hour-video-essay-going-to-take-longer-than-7-hours-to-produce/

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How much is Tim making to put out one video a year at this point? Seems like a pretty sweet gig tbh.

I started rewatching the FFVII Remake review and laughed at the part where he promised an hour of material every month. (It's even funnier to consider that he's not actually all that far off-- it's just cumulative rather than consistent)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Framboise posted:

How much is Tim making to put out one video a year at this point? Seems like a pretty sweet gig tbh.

I started rewatching the FFVII Remake review and laughed at the part where he promised an hour of material every month. (It's even funnier to consider that he's not actually all that far off-- it's just cumulative rather than consistent)

Afaik it’s like 6 figures from his patreon alone.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Since the day before the release of the FFVII Remake video, Tim has released 35 hours of content on his Youtube channel over 38 months.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He's surely doing fine. Patreon takes ~10% out of whatever nominal number and the usual self employed things like having to buy his own health insurance for his many maladies probably suck. But on the other hand I heard he has a pretty sweet deal where his gf's dad owns their apartment and lets them live there for free. Bingo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deserves every penny imo

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hello

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

General Dog posted:

Since the day before the release of the FFVII Remake video, Tim has released 35 hours of content on his Youtube channel over 38 months.

Now do this since the day after boku no natsuyami video.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Enjoying rewatching

Framboise posted:

IIRC he brought that "cumulative" point up somewhere himself too, but I don't remember if it was in one of the Patreon updates or Twitter or in the videos...

HELLO

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Doesn't he do a bunch of streaming?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He usually streams like 2 or 3 hours a week. And to be honest it's not great. But if you're incredibly hard up for tim he is nominally available yes

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Yeah. Just saying he does more than just one video per year for his six figures.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
His streams are good background noise while I'm working, if only to hear the impression he does of Shigeru Miyamoto's wife.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Waltzing Along posted:

Now do this since the day after boku no natsuyami video.

i went to japan this summer and when people asked why i just said "boku no natsuyami" in tim voice and it killed pretty much every time so pro tip, weebs!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I had a hard time finding the game. Pro-tip, the spine is in kanji, the cover is in hiragana. Or vice versa. I forget. But it wasn't until I realized the spine was different than the cover that I was able to find it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ulio posted:

mother 2

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ulio posted:

How to run a patreon grift.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did Tim Rogers gently caress your mum or something you seem to be real tilted that nerds on the internet like paying for his long-rear end videos

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did Tim Rogers gently caress your mum or something you seem to be real tilted that nerds on the internet like paying for his long-rear end videos

goons hate when anyone pays for anything. ESPECIALLY youtubers, twitch streamers and podcasters

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

goons hate when anyone pays for anything. ESPECIALLY youtubers, twitch streamers and podcasters

the shame of paying to post runs deep

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's always jealousy at the end of the day.

gently caress, I'm jealous that he gets paid big bucks to play games until his fingers bleed and infodump and wax poetic about stuff he likes.

But I also lack his intelligence, wit, ability to obsess over one thing, résumé and the fact that he's been in the field for over 20 years.

tl;dr: sucks to suck. also, drop the next video Tim please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the parasocial relations run deep