Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

bagina posted:

There is NO WAY that this can be legit, right?

You should probably get rid of the link, this is a scam.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
That site also has guitars for 30 dollars. Not sure why this is a question that needed asking.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah that uses the same pregenerated format that all of those Chinese scam clothing sites use

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Speaking of scams, Square Enix has a new one.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

CatBlack posted:

That site also has guitars for 30 dollars. Not sure why this is a question that needed asking.
Didn't see that. Clearly bullshit. Move along.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

bagina posted:

Didn't see that. Clearly bullshit. Move along.

Lol did you see the same Instagram ad I did with $30 Beatles stereo boxsets that I did?

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

joylessdivision posted:

Lol did you see the same Instagram ad I did with $30 Beatles stereo boxsets that I did?
No, but color me intrigued!

In other news, I had a banner day at the record store. Will post pictures when I get home and have access to an image host.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lmao it looks like it’s just an AT-LP 120 with a custom paint job. That’ll be $1,700 pls

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

bagina posted:

No, but color me intrigued!

In other news, I had a banner day at the record store. Will post pictures when I get home and have access to an image host.

There was an ad I saw last night claiming to be a liquidation sale of a record store.

Being stoned and intrigued, I clicked it and they had a bunch of stuff available for crazy good prices, like the $10 Beatles stereo box set, I think I saw a couple of Pink Floyd and Who or Stones box sets and all manner of other albums for crazy cheap.

Including some Japanese release versions of different albums. I almost bit, but the link was shady (something called Formturn) and it sounded too good to be true so I passed.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
That's the same link with the same poo poo that was posted here. This is why it shouldn't be edited out, people won't know what exactly is bullshit if they can't be shown what is bullshit

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

There was an ad I saw last night claiming to be a liquidation sale of a record store.

Being stoned and intrigued, I clicked it and they had a bunch of stuff available for crazy good prices, like the $10 Beatles stereo box set, I think I saw a couple of Pink Floyd and Who or Stones box sets and all manner of other albums for crazy cheap.

Including some Japanese release versions of different albums. I almost bit, but the link was shady (something called Formturn) and it sounded too good to be true so I passed.

Yeah, I posted a link to and almost fell for the same scam a year or two back. In hindsight it was kinda obvious, but there have been enough legit crazy deals that pop up that your guard gets down.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, I posted a link to and almost fell for the same scam a year or two back. In hindsight it was kinda obvious, but there have been enough legit crazy deals that pop up that your guard gets down.
That’s the thing. In my heart, deep down, I figured it was a scam, but I also thought the free vinyl pay shipping thing was a scam too. I really wanted to be wrong. But I wasn’t. It was a pile of poo poo.

That said, I sent an email to their contact address on their page and the response completely gave away how shady as gently caress they were.

:sigh:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bagina posted:

That said, I sent an email to their contact address on their page and the response completely gave away how shady as gently caress they were.

:sigh:

now this we have to see

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

joylessdivision posted:

Sup vinyl friends, I haven't posted any of the stuff I got recently so I thought I'd share

how's this sound? I bought a copy of judgement recently and it was the worst sounding record I've ever had the displeasure of listening to

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

strap on revenge posted:

how's this sound? I bought a copy of judgement recently and it was the worst sounding record I've ever had the displeasure of listening to

Haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Also oof Judgement is one of my favorites and I haven't picked it up on vinyl yet but if it sounds bad I'm going to be very bummed.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Well this is new. Never seen an album put out on the Nintendo loving DS.

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/album/vnimal-orchids

Almost want to grab it for the sheer novelty but $40 shipped to the U.S. is making me hesitate.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

strap on revenge posted:

Anathema always came across as a CD band to me (or 5.1 SACD in the case of the later stuff).

IG-88 posted:

Well this is new. Never seen an album put out on the Nintendo loving DS.

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/album/vnimal-orchids

Almost want to grab it for the sheer novelty but $40 shipped to the U.S. is making me hesitate.

wot?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

joylessdivision posted:

Haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Also oof Judgement is one of my favorites and I haven't picked it up on vinyl yet but if it sounds bad I'm going to be very bummed.

it's this pressing that blows. if you find the double LP repress that came out on peaceville that one seems to be worth picking up

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Anathema always came across as a CD band to me (or 5.1 SACD in the case of the later stuff).

wot?

Apparently I’m just ignorant and this German label releases a ton of poo poo on GBA and DS

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

IG-88 posted:

Apparently I’m just ignorant and this German label releases a ton of poo poo on GBA and DS

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/

Dude, weird coincidence. I was just coming here to post that I ordered KGLW Polygondwanaland done in Mario 64 soundboard on vinyl from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QNXHCwrks

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/merch/super-poly-64-vinyl-record-king-gizzard

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

My copies of Serenades, Eternity and Silent Enigma all sound good on vinyl.

strap on revenge posted:

it's this pressing that blows. if you find the double LP repress that came out on peaceville that one seems to be worth picking up

Good to know! I'll keep an eye out for the Peaceville release then. Fingers crossed the copy of Katatonia's "Night is the New Day" I ordered sounds good on vinyl because it's my favorite of the modern Katatonia albums.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

joylessdivision posted:

My copies of Serenades, Eternity and Silent Enigma all sound good on vinyl.

I was originally gonna pull the trigger on the 2 LP Peaceville Silent Engima (or whichever pressing it was that had Sleepless 96 on it), but the Discogs reviews were a little too mixed for my comfort.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Enos Cabell posted:

Dude, weird coincidence. I was just coming here to post that I ordered KGLW Polygondwanaland done in Mario 64 soundboard on vinyl from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QNXHCwrks

https://gizzmoix.bandcamp.com/merch/super-poly-64-vinyl-record-king-gizzard

Yeah, that’s why I dug into it. I got the shipping notification for that record lol

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

IG-88 posted:

Yeah, that’s why I dug into it. I got the shipping notification for that record lol

:hfive:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Sinead O'Connor has passed away, cause of death currently unknown.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

The pope finally got his revenge.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Read After Burning posted:

rip

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's delivery, 3 albums featuring (or just) Mike Kinsella and then the solo album by The Wonder Years vocalist

the Dan Campbell album looks cool

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So Third Man Records claims that the Syd Barrett reissues will only be available via the Vault Package and aren't to be released later without the wacky colors.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I held out as long as I could, but these cute little bastards are just too irresistible. Now I can pick up albums over lunch break and annoy my co-workers in the afternoons!

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

I held out as long as I could, but these cute little bastards are just too irresistible. Now I can pick up albums over lunch break and annoy my co-workers in the afternoons!

Now you can cosplay as Techmoan!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Boinks posted:

Now you can cosplay as Techmoan!

NGL I watched his review video one more time before I pulled the trigger on it!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Has anyone heard the “We Release Jazz” pressing of Scenery? I saw reviews saying it sounded kinda bad.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Has anyone heard the “We Release Jazz” pressing of Scenery? I saw reviews saying it sounded kinda bad.

ooof that is not an album you want to gently caress up

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have it and it sounds fine to me.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

TheMightyBoops posted:

The half speed master I have sounds incredible to me. Looking on Discogs, most reviews of it seem to be that it sounds flawless.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

TeamJesus posted:

The half speed master I have sounds incredible to me. Looking on Discogs, most reviews of it seem to be that it sounds flawless.

Heath posted:

I have it and it sounds fine to me.

Cool thanks, I’ll pick it up at some point then; I’m sure the stuff I saw was just snobs being snobby.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
My wallet is bleeding.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
No price is too high for Let It Be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was at the national sports collectors convention this past week, and one of the auction houses there had some records graded by the AMG company I shared several pages ago. We already knew this but it’s dumb as hell. They had this on display:

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mu...cription-071515

Meanwhile here’s the discogs page for it

https://www.discogs.com/release/4232872-2Pac-R-U-Still-Down-Remember-Me

I wish I had taken a picture, because I swear it has a sign with it touting an estimated value of $6000.

Even the sports card people were calling it out as being dumb as hell and getting hyped by the wrong people looking to pump and dump their own stock, and that’s an industry that shamelessly does that all the time.