Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Isn't gout a type of arthritis? Could be gout. Probably gout, IMHO.

there's no pain, and it's just in my knee, so i don't think so? but idk i've never really understood what gout is and have never been curious enough to look it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

well-read undead posted:

there's no pain, and it's just in my knee, so i don't think so? but idk i've never really understood what gout is and have never been curious enough to look it up

its gout. just accept the diagnosis

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

well-read undead posted:

OK if there's no pain, it's definitely not Top G.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

well gout seems popular, so i guess i'll go with gout

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

All the cool old fucks have gout

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

it's the ailment of kings!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

gout is when you have loads of uric acid in your blood and it starts to precipitate in your joint capsules. that can be very painful!

for a fun time look up images of "gouty tophi"

mystes
May 31, 2006

(taps thread title)

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

*turns to camera, holds up bottle of uric acid*

yeah, i'm a gout man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
word on the street is that gout is EXTREMELY PAINFUL lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ive had a click in my knee since i can remember, like definitely before i was 10

i figure its just my skeleton being kinda lovely. my right jawbone isnt properly connected either, i can slip it out of the socket and make it click as well

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

oh, my jaw has always done this thing where rarely it’ll just kinda lock temporarily during a yawn, for like 2 seconds, but every time during that 2 seconds i’m definitely thinking “this will be the time it gets stuck like this permanently”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well-read undead posted:

oh, my jaw has always done this thing where rarely it’ll just kinda lock temporarily during a yawn, for like 2 seconds, but every time during that 2 seconds i’m definitely thinking “this will be the time it gets stuck like this permanently”

sup weird jaw buddy

tho ive never gotten mine stuck even shortly, probably cause its so loose lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
slack jaw lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr. Nice! posted:

anyways, yeah, I did that and headbanged too hard and now my neck hurts when i turn my head in any way. gotta love getting old.

i did that when i was 16. took a week to recover. but i bet i did it harder than what it takes for an old man to get the same

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
oh most definitely.

thankfully i'm on the mend and have a lot of good pills thanks to my free government healthcare.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yeah i have also headbanged until my neck hurt as a teen and now i am old and my head would probably just fall off.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

when i got my cast off my broken ankle in hs i went for a run a week later

its been a week since ive had the cast off my foot and if i were to take a full normal step my skeleton would disintegrate and blow out my pores

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
managed to twist my left leg in my sleep last night sigh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

managed to twist my left leg in my sleep last night sigh

i had the absolute gall to use an extra pillow the other night and woke up pretzeled and worried that i wasnt going to be able to actually get out of bed

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

had an ear infection for the last three days. going back and forth on when to head to the doc over it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
middle ear ya reckon? blocked nose?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Jonny 290 posted:

i had the absolute gall to use an extra pillow the other night and woke up pretzeled and worried that i wasnt going to be able to actually get out of bed

i’m gathering more pillows as i age. one for head, one between knees (side sleeper), sometimes one as a back prop

in approximately ten years i will be sleeping fully encased in a pillow tomb every night

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
crotch pillow is key

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

crotch pillow is key

i started doing this recently and i gotta say it kicks rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

by "I" i mean my girlfriend and i kept stealing it from her until she just put another one on the bed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's also a decent way to rotate a blown out pillow but keep it in service when you buy new ones

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

echinopsis posted:

middle ear ya reckon? blocked nose?

nose and sinuses are fine, just lots of pressure in the left ear

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I recently got latex pillows they own if you have wide shoulders and sleep on your side my neck never* hurts now

*not never never just most of the time never

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

qirex posted:

I recently got latex pillows they own if you have wide shoulders and sleep on your side my neck never* hurts now

*not never never just most of the time never
i have latex as well and they stay really cool compared to other kinds of pillow, it rules

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

what do you do with a crotch pillow

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

well-read undead posted:

what do you do with a crotch pillow

buddy,

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I use five pillows. Every time I change the sheets.i think I should get one yooge pillow but they cost a lot.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every time what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh sorry I'm a bougie and use linen.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it still feels like you're actively having a stroke while posting and i don't understand anything you're writing

other posts are ok though

mystes
May 31, 2006

Every time you do x you change the sheets

What is x?

Or was the period after that sentence erroneous and you think about getting the other thing every time you change the sheets?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

It's also a decent way to rotate a blown out pillow but keep it in service when you buy new ones
:hmmyes:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

mystes posted:

Every time you do x you change the sheets

What is x?

Or was the period after that sentence erroneous and you think about getting the other thing every time you change the sheets?

he uses 5 pillows every time he changes the sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

changing 5 pillowcases is a pain in the rear end, every time he does so he thinks he should replace them with one large pillow