Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Foxfire_ posted:

There's a product at work where they used hex screws instead of torx that annoys me because they keep getting stripped.

How can you tell the difference?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

*grimly clicks on the goons in memoriam thread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the problem with torx is that, like all screw head designs, each size only works properly with the correct driver...but with torx, one size down will also almost fit and turn it sort of and this leads to people using the wrong size and stripping the poo poo out of both the head and driver bit. philips has the exact same problem.

hex simply does not work when you go one size down, preventing that stupid error. (unless someone has a metric screw and a set of US bits and then everything's hosed)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mystes posted:

Stripping hexes is a common problem when you accidentally use a pentagram rather than a hexagram

Two points up or so help me

Modal Auxiliary posted:

It almost always involves a human sacrifice unfortunately, sorry if you though you were getting out of this one with clean hands.

I don’t attend rituals without human bloodshed. See that’s just being a bad host.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

It's a good thing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/2KxgFNI.mp4

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Don’t give up, Semon of Dong!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Acelerion posted:

Strange screw heads serve a very important purpose: You put them on poo poo you dont want people opening in the field. The less likely it is something in their toolbox fits it the better

I remember loling when I saw the Xbox 360 PSU had "security torx" screws. I just snapped the pegs off with a flathead driver.

E: also I think I've either read or seen at least two examples of the writing prompt.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Jul 27, 2023

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

This is basically just knives out.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Serammick noives?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bodies Bodies Bodies has something similar going on. That movie rules.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

CopperHound posted:

Move robertson screw to S++++ and slotted to D.

This lad gets it

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

Eeeeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

ButterNBacon posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeeahhhhh

Very nice. I've always wondered why that meme template wasn't, 1324, vertical. It would make the punch line better when scrolling.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Some lady issues I can see despite being blind

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

pretty sure this is an episode of smiling friends

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

So it's an Indian Chipotle in upstate New York?

Is this really your favorite meme, or are you just shilling?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

cult_hero posted:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Didn't really need to go into the "women" barrel at the end but otherwise on-point.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Lol I've missed these.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Naantastic is really good.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Naantastic is really good.

that restaurant name bugs me because it means someone thinks that "naan" rhymes with "fan"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

cult_hero posted:

It popped up on my facebook feed and now I'm craving it because nothing in NYC quite fills the same niche.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

NabiscO face

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Gonad Vortex

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Mr. Fix It posted:

that restaurant name bugs me because it means someone thinks that "naan" rhymes with "fan"

Oh.. not necessarily?

Adding -tastic to random words has been a thing since forever, and I don't remember a rule that the word has to rhyme with fan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Fix It posted:

It does in Sweden.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It does in Sweden.

You are correct in a satisfyingly obtuse way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmfao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mr. Fix It posted:

Lot of Brit influence in westernized Indian food, though

Could have been named by Mr. Boombastic

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Do Americans pronounce naan like nawn?

Not necessarily saying it's wrong but strikes me as a hyper correction like how they say pawsta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rodbeard posted:

It popped up on my facebook feed and now I'm craving it because nothing in NYC quite fills the same niche.

Indikitch (on 23rd) was "Indian Chipotle" that I loved while I was there. Apparently it has been renamed to https://deepindiankitchen.com/ and some things business-wise seem to have changed in weird ways but it's possible the restaurant itself is still the same as it was (the menu looks mostly unchanged).