Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

La Louve Rouge posted:

Young Avengers? Steinfeld, Newton, and Pugh are all already only 2-3 years younger than Hemsworth was in his first one

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nothing stopping the remaining Skrulls from doing it again though, and they've got plenty of motivation with the most powerful person on the planet starting a genocide against them.
And also I imagine the Asgardians are gonna be keen to help, as will Peter Quill, Kamala Khan and the remaining djinn community (I forget if there's anyone else left beyond that one guy), and Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters since I imagine they're rather pissed at the Hulk's kid getting a random kill order placed on his head.

Or maybe this will never come up again

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Peter Quill is human and was born in America. That means he has American citizenship.

So he's good legally speaking.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Only one of Peter's parents were human. He is a hybrid, and therefore alien, race.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CapnAndy posted:

Only one of Peter's parents were human. He is a hybrid, and therefore alien, race.

Nobody in the American government knows that and he somehow lost all of his celestial DNA when Ego died.

He's cool.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

La Louve Rouge posted:

Young Avengers? Steinfeld, Newton, and Pugh are all already only 2-3 years younger than Hemsworth was in his first one

well, Pugh doesn’t really count there since Yelena Belova has only appeared in the comics as an adult and never been associated with any teen superhero team… but the point stands, the disparity in ages between Steinfeld/Newton/Thorne on the one hand and Vellani/Gomez/Locke on the other is certainly one of those things that adds to the sense that they’ve been introducing characters without a real plan

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Keep seeing Steinfeld/Newton as Seinfeld Newman

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's the dark avengers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CapnAndy posted:

And also I imagine the Asgardians are gonna be keen to help, as will Peter Quill, Kamala Khan and the remaining djinn community (I forget if there's anyone else left beyond that one guy), and Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters since I imagine they're rather pissed at the Hulk's kid getting a random kill order placed on his head.

Hulk has a kid?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Hulk has a kid?

Skaar showed up at the end of She Hulk when Bruce explained where he was the entire time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Hulk has a kid?

Three actually

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

Three actually

HULK NO BELIEVE IN CONDOM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

muscles like this! posted:

Skaar showed up at the end of She Hulk when Bruce explained where he was the entire time.

Why? They aren't doing any other Hulk-centric show or movie any time soon. What's the point of introducing him last year?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they probably had an idea that they might since they knew they were getting the rights back from universal soon after she-hulk aired

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

site posted:

they probably had an idea that they might since they knew they were getting the rights back from universal soon after she-hulk aired

OK so in three or four years we might make a new Hulk project featuring Skaar, so it's really important that the audience right now sees this

So everybody knows, this guy is here. You will see him again in 2027, maybe. But now you know to look for him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you do realize you're complaining about a cameo in the last second of a show that itself isn't even getting a second season right. you're never seeing jennifer again either

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

site posted:

you do realize you're complaining about a cameo in the last second of a show that itself isn't even getting a second season right. you're never seeing jennifer again either

...yes? If it was a more substantial cameo that had impact on the plot or the characters I wouldn't be complaining. Or if the show was getting a second season which presumably would pick up on that hot Skaar story, I wouldn't be complaining then either.

This Skaar thing just seems emblematic of the lazy sprawl of post-Endgame MCU. Totally directionless, just throwing out all kinds of low energy projects on the assumption that the audience has an endless appetite for the MCU. And now the bubble is deflating and if you go back and watch She-Hulk you get this weird vestigial Skaar that was supposed to lead into a movie and two other Disney+ shows that aren't happening any time soon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gripweed posted:

...yes? If it was a more substantial cameo that had impact on the plot or the characters I wouldn't be complaining. Or if the show was getting a second season which presumably would pick up on that hot Skaar story, I wouldn't be complaining then either.

This Skaar thing just seems emblematic of the lazy sprawl of post-Endgame MCU. Totally directionless, just throwing out all kinds of low energy projects on the assumption that the audience has an endless appetite for the MCU. And now the bubble is deflating and if you go back and watch She-Hulk you get this weird vestigial Skaar that was supposed to lead into a movie and two other Disney+ shows that aren't happening any time soon.

It's a 2 second joke at the end of a comedy series, take a few deep breaths

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gripweed posted:

And now the bubble is deflating and if you go back and watch She-Hulk you get this weird vestigial Skaar that was supposed to lead into a movie and two other Disney+ shows that aren't happening any time soon.

what the gently caress are you even on about dude

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Skaar was just a gag and I don't really think he's in any future plans.

Jen will show up again, maybe not in a second season, but in the movies.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Hulk has a kid?!

E: explained. Forgot about that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

site posted:

Honestly the only thing I really want out of the MCU is more seasons of She-Hulk. I could take or leave every other project that is coming out, but I loving need more She-Hulk. :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jamesman posted:

Honestly the only thing I really want out of the MCU is more seasons of She-Hulk. I could take or leave every other project that is coming out, but I loving need more She-Hulk. :(

I have a small hope she'll show up for at least an episode of the Daredevil show they're doing. But god knows when anything new is coming out that hadn't finished filming months ago.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Joe Fisto posted:

HULK NO BELIEVE IN CONDOM

I mean, he'd have to get them specially made which would likely be expensive and even a custom built Trojan won't hold up to a sonic boom orgasm

Edit - Now I need to track down the Pro comic where "Superman" blows a plane in half when he finishes

Medullah fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 28, 2023

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Skaar was just a gag and I don't really think he's in any future plans.

Jen will show up again, maybe not in a second season, but in the movies.

ymmv but Skaar in no way felt like a gag, his brief cameo absolutely struck me as something Feige asked them to include to set him up for a future project

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

ymmv but Skaar in no way felt like a gag, his brief cameo absolutely struck me as something Feige asked them to include to set him up for a future project

Yeah I agree, I don't how that wasn't supposed to be notable. There's a lot of things She Hulk played for laughs but it wasn't this bit.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Air Skwirl posted:

I have a small hope she'll show up for at least an episode of the Daredevil show they're doing. But god knows when anything new is coming out that hadn't finished filming months ago.

Yeah I'm sure Jen will appear in other things, but I specifically want more of the She-Hulk show. I want more silly superpowered people doing silly things and silly courtroom stuff and I'm not gonna get that by them putting Jen into a Hulk movie or something.

The show was just fun and I laughed a lot during it and there really isn't any other MCU stuff like it. At best, there's other MCU stuff with fun/funny elements.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched Secret Invasion and enjoyed it. Watched it all in one afternoon/evening. I didn't think it was great or anything but I very easily marathoned it and enjoyed myself and it leaves a lot of interesting open threads. I could see how people watching it week to week would have issues with the pacing or amount of stuff that happens in each episodes, especially the shorter ones. That's kind of why I didn't watch it week to week and just waited until I could watch it in one go. I just really dislike the entire tv criticism culture of like rating each episode and hyper critiquing everything for a week. The show presents itself that way so I'm not saying its unfair to judge it that way or anything. I just don't like it and don't think it adds more than it takes away from my viewing. So yeah. I guess that meshes with some people saying it should have been a movie.

This thread definitely seemed to have a much more level response to it than what I'm seeing everywhere else including other subs here. Like I went in having herd nothing but "the worst thing, everything is terrible" so while I could certainly see flaws I hardly understood the hysteria. But I'd agree that while I liked the show it probably could have done more with a lot of its ideas and elements. But I enjoyed it for what it is in at least one viewing.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jamesman posted:

The show was just fun and I laughed a lot during it and there really isn't any other MCU stuff like it. At best, there's other MCU stuff with fun/funny elements.

Yeah. I totally get the hate. Some people have bad taste and hate fun. At least we're getting Loki S2 soon.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

mllaneza posted:

Yeah. I totally get the hate. Some people have bad taste and hate fun.
And women. They very very much hate women.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Speaking of women, Harley Quinn season 4 is off to a good start.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

And women. They very very much hate women.

They were having fun. The harlots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mllaneza posted:

Yeah. I totally get the hate. Some people have bad taste and hate fun. At least we're getting Loki S2 soon.

Speaking of that,

Trailer!

https://youtu.be/dug56u8NN7g

If they just had Dan Steven's show up, it wouldn't feel out of place with the retro future stuff.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I just really dislike the entire tv criticism culture of like rating each episode and hyper critiquing everything for a week.

Lol this is just having taste enough to decide if the media you are consuming is enjoyable or not. Or you can just enjoy chugging the content hose or whatever.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
No they're onto something, there's something weirdly... ungenerous about how people approach serial stories these days, like the latest plot development is the only thing that's ever going to exist.

Like to stay on topic over in My Adventures with Superman people have been freaking out all week about Lois forcing Superman to reveal his identity like Lois and Clark are going to hate each other forever now and this is not a bump in the relationship that's going to be overcome, like literally every other relationship drama. Or that Slade Wilson is going to stay pretty and in possession of two eyes forever and this is not setup for him to get hosed up and lose an eye.

mycot fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 31, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

mycot posted:

Like to stay on topic over in My Adventures with Superman people have been freaking out all week about Lois forcing Superman to reveal his identity like Lois and Clark are going to hate each other forever now and this is not a bump in the relationship that's going to be overcome.

People on the internet are stupid.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

mycot posted:

Or that Slade Wilson is going to stay pretty and in possession of two eyes forever and this is not setup for him to get hosed up and lose an eye.
Wait, the prettyboy assassin is Slade Wilson? How did I miss that?

Also, I think they're handling that other thing very well. Like I said, I wanted Lois (and Jimmy!) to find out, I'm happy it didn't get dragged out and I'm also happy Lois admitted they she and Clark were starting to date. Take that stupid Clark/Lois/Superman love triangle and the will-they-won't-they and bury them with the other dead things, thank you very much forever. And I really do think the conversation was handled well. Clark had multiple opportunities to come clean and he balked at every single one, so Lois is justified in her anger, but as Clark points out, he felt that he had to lie because it was Lois' stated goal to tell everyone his secrets, and she has no good response for that, just an immediate backtrack of "well no now that I know it's you, I'm not gonna do that". They're both in the wrong, they're gonna squabble for most of the next episode and then make up and tell Jimmy.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 31, 2023

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I don't think it's unfair to expect serialized media to be both entertaining episode by episode and as a whole. Secret Invasion's biggest problem is that it was rather boring despite having a great set-up for twists and turns, i.e. spies vs. shapeshifting aliens. Granted, nothing wrong with a slow burn, but it still needs a hook and good pay-off, and for many it seems the cgi slugfest just didn't do it for them.

That said, the criticism of My Adventure's with Superman is just dumb.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CapnAndy posted:

Wait, the prettyboy assassin is Slade Wilson? How did I miss that?

Also, I think they're handling that other thing very well. Like I said, I wanted Lois (and Jimmy!) to find out, I'm happy it didn't get dragged out and I'm also happy Lois admitted they she and Clark were starting to date. Take that stupid Clark/Lois/Superman love triangle and the will-they-won't-they and bury them with the other dead things, thank you very much forever. And I really do think the conversation was handled well. Clark had multiple opportunities to come clean and he balked at every single one, so Lois is justified in her anger, but as Clark points out, he felt that he had to lie because it was Lois' stated goal to tell everyone his secrets, and she has no good response for that, just an immediate backtrack of "well no now that I know it's you, I'm not gonna do that". They're both in the wrong, they're gonna squabble for most of the next episode and then make up and tell Jimmy.

100% agreed. People are freaking out that Lois is mad that Clark lied, but the real issue is that Lois, through the entire episode, is constantly giving him chances he's refusing to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Secret Invasion was a waste of time but my time isn’t valuable.