Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I would trust a mod who probed people for no reason over one who probes for reasons they see as just.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Critical posted:

ngl one morning i was going over reports and suddenly thought "I could just probe all of them" like I was bilbo holding the loving ring. i never seriously considered it but i thought it was a good sign to move on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mekchu posted:

penguin patrol should be permabanned

went back and looked at the posts that got them banned and woof

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wood paneling ftw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wood paneling ftw

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i'm too cheap to do the bit, so pretend i posted on a new acct called "The Midnight Poster" and had the chie avatar jumping up and down with a mask requesting to be mod. ok and action

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Carlisle posted:

went back and looked at the posts that got them banned and woof

its wild that some people think it doesn't constitute stalking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MotU posted:

I would trust a mod who probed people for no reason over one who probes for reasons they see as just.

boy have I got good news for you

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't know Penguin personally but I'd chalk it up to being more socially oblivious than malicious. Either way they're never going to escape being the person who put up missing connection posters and banned off a dating app so sometimes being banned is better. Don't bring Penguin to the Boneyard Semetary

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mekchu posted:

its wild that some people think it doesn't constitute stalking

Hollywood romcoms have hosed so many of us up

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tampa Bae posted:

I don't know Penguin personally but I'd chalk it up to being more socially oblivious than malicious. Either way they're never going to escape being the person who put up missing connection posters and banned off a dating app so sometimes being banned is better. Don't bring Penguin to the Boneyard Semetary

idk i feel like you gotta try to get banned off tinder, you gotta work for that one

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

idk i feel like you gotta try to get banned off tinder, you gotta work for that one
I just re-read everything again and my interpretation is Penguin is someone who's neurodivergent and oblivious or someone who is unhinged but somewhat self-aware but in either case probably needs a therapist and break from the forums where everyone's calling for the guillotine. You can't come back from this people are always going to remember. either way

With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that their modship just croaked

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's fair for the community to look inward on this and take a share of the blame. it was clearly posted as essential backstory to talk about how they evaded some cops while illegally placing fliers. doing something like that is championed as one of the best things you can do as a human being. but nobody brings up the stuff you shouldn't do except for murder, until it's too late. so let's do better moving forward

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'm sorry tranfortball but I dont think being weird and putting up fliers is a crime in the usa, maybe it is but it isn't here. oversharing isn't a crime either but you should never do that unless you're ready to be made fun of for years. we wont know if penguin did anything extra strange or illegal until they post their dating app logs

but you shouldnt stalk your dates from apps we can agree on that but maybe penguin didnt know that, maybe they're from the artic where things are different

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's illegal to put up fliers in the nyc subways. i assumed the best in reasoning out why the permabanned user penguin patrol was booking it away from the police. sorry baseball mean guy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

ah, turns out Penguin Patrol has been perma-banned I was wrong in the end.

Make yea ok a mod because I believe he will do his best to do absolutely nothing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what you were talking about or arguing against anything i said, which was not toward you and didn't have anything to do with what you said, when i didn't say anything wrong. hit the showers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWH_9VRWn8Y&t=110s

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For the record Penguin Patrol was given a perma for continuing to be creepy in admin dms:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037949&pagenumber=2#post533504264

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Important reminder that while mods may be mods, they are still Goons at their heart.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Wow

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Maybe we shouldn't use penguins to patrol things. Seems like there's a better fit for that role.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought penguins were normally monogamous

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:lol:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love this forum

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good work

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

in all seriousness, i met Penguin Patrol at an AEW show in April and they seemed very nice and cool. i dunno what was said in PMs that maybe reframed it to where a permaban was warranted but sorry to see them go.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They were trying to recruit you

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

in all seriousness, i met Penguin Patrol at an AEW show in April and they seemed very nice and cool. i dunno what was said in PMs that maybe reframed it to where a permaban was warranted but sorry to see them go.

This only reflects poorly on you

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Ya they always seemed fine. It happens.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:holy:

Lone Goat posted:

This only reflects poorly on you

You can't judge someone's entire poo poo just by meeting them once. That's an unfair comment, imo.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't think the guy doing stalkerish things needs to have nice things said about them lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

no of course not

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mekchu posted:

don't think the guy doing stalkerish things needs to have nice things said about them lol

Don't think it's going to matter even a single bit if someone who had positive IRL interactions is bummed out that the person they had positive interactions with ended up doing weird things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thoughts and prayers for the hosed up stalker whom didn't hosed uply stalk me, personally