Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't fault Nigeria, couple of crackin little goals. Good on em for making us look like mugs.

What's the point of all that possession if you can't capitalise on it Australia :australia:
I mean gj for getting it back to 3-2, but yeah naahhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
congrats Nigeria, great match

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
If only Australia had a player that was really good at scoring goals

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

TDepressionEarl posted:

quiet as gently caress when its not english speakers winning all im saying

nigerians speak english

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

language map of africa is a mess Nigeria was an English colony surrounded by French colonies

loving gently caress i forgot material conditions of course each slaver kingdom had a slave port along the western coast as well as vicky's cape

waiting for someone to correct me that Nigeria is english speaking, but my theory is that posters are so irony poisoned they can't stand pedantry

misinformation is merely bait to engage. perfidious quotebaiter.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Robo Captain posted:

If only Australia had a player that was really good at scoring goals

Looking forward to them rushing Kerr back for the Canada game and her limping off after 25 minutes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

language map of africa is a mess Nigeria was an English colony surrounded by French colonies

loving gently caress i forgot material conditions of course each slaver kingdom had a slave port along the western coast as well as vicky's cape

waiting for someone to correct me that Nigeria is english speaking, but my theory is that posters are so irony poisoned they can't stand pedantry

are you ok

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TDepressionEarl posted:

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013

TDepressionEarl posted:

my stream dies all the time because i live in a country where that happens. i can rationalize it to myself as growing the game by remembering the name of these players thru note taking.

sometimes people quote me saying they appreciate a way to follow the game at work. sometimes people quote me saying i'm an airhead repeating fluff. i'd love an ik to six me with a gif for it, but until then i just post.

I like your weird posts because your avatar makes me laugh each time I see it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Terminally Bored posted:

Are the Americans finally asleep? Good, let's watch some football then.

Wait, things happen while America sleeps? What the hell man????

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Megamissen posted:

nigerians speak english

hosed up if true.

TDepressionEarl posted:

Do you read posts or is it just diarrhea flowing from your fingers continuously?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Shrapnig posted:

hosed up if true.

Do you read posts or is it just diarrhea flowing from your fingers continuously?

the latter. i suck. i'd rather lurk. give elsa maria my av.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

the latter. i suck. i'd rather lurk. give elsa maria my av.

Nobody wants you to stop posting, just a little less mania lol

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
The Super Falcons are really fun to watch.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Shrapnig posted:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Well, Portugal has something to play for now and a draw probably doesn't get them into the knockouts unless Vietnam shock the Dutch. Should give the US a pretty decent chance to score some goals. Can't believe I have to set an alarm for 2:45am next Tuesday, I was gonna skip it if the US had clinched the knockout rounds.

Also very happy for Nigeria. Group C is a brawl and Ireland have that dawg in em so I can see any combination of those top 3 advancing. Alls I know is that the minute Football Manager lets me run a woman's club I'm making Katie McCabe my first buy.

Also also, Japan look real drat good and I should have included them in my list of teams that could win the whole drat thing!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Shrapnig posted:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Japan Spain would be interesting except both teams don’t have anything to play for. It would be nice to see if they’re legitimate against top opposition.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

PostNouveau posted:

I wasn't just Horan. Van de Donk was scrapping like crazy with Demelo and then got pushed around most of the second half by Lavelle and Horan. She had a real rough day.

Picking fights is kind of her thing. Especially if the opponents are bigger.

Apparently she bled like a motherfucker.

https://twitter.com/jamiedema/status/1684405893289369600

Zwachro fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 27, 2023

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zwachro posted:

Picking fights is kind of her thing. Especially if the opponentar are bigger.

https://twitter.com/jamiedema/status/1684405893289369600

So was she saying that her head was "bleeding like a motherfucker?"

I didn't think Rose could get any cooler.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Zwachro posted:

Picking fights is kind of her thing. Especially if the opponentar are bigger.

Always a good time to show what DVD did to Leupolz last March (warning: it's a broken nose, really bloody):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfg2XpN52k

Didn't even get booked for that. She's an expert shithouser.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Robo Captain posted:

I got the USA goal on video. (sound)

https://i.imgur.com/2ioEx6U.mp4

That’s super cool

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Being a good host means you let your visitors win smdh

Also I'll take the bazball approach here and say it's good Australia lost, actually. We can start our elimination round a game early, you're first Canada!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

will kerr be back for the canada game?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
They are being very cagey but imo she's out for the whole tournament

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Local media, especially sports coverage, giving the Matildas the roasting they deserve. Absolutely anaemic attacking style last night and defensively inept at key points.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

a real chump posted:

:smith:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

a real chump posted:

Didn't one of her teammates accidentally let slip that Kerr tore her calf?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sweet goal
VAR rules

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
:letsgo:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

MakaVillian posted:

Didn't one of her teammates accidentally let slip that Kerr tore her calf?

Yep, in a presser the other day, though they later clarified that she “misspoke”

But it was always odd that she was out for the first two games, and apparently back for the third game even though there’s only a few days between them. Can only assume they were hoping the third match would be a dead rubber and they had a few extra days without tough questions.

But yeah the way it’s going she probably won’t play at all. Or they’ll rush her back for the Canada game and she’ll be a complete passenger

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

yooooooo argentina have a rapinoe of their own

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Lol that celebration

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

phwoar

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Phwoar

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Phwoar that's a tasty golazo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

South Africa will have wanted to not let them score

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
This game is going places

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Argies looking ravenous for another goal