Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I will say that found footage horror is like the only film trend that felt like it was exactly for my brain. I’m not saying it’s cinema masterpiece art or anything but for some reason if something is in found footage style I will just eat that poo poo up nom nom nom

My favorite is probably As Above, So Below but there are a lot of good examples

Have you seen the Horror in the High Desert movies? The first one is pretty good but the second one is awesome. It made me get up and make sure all the doors were locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Someone ratted out my daughter to Jeffrey and now he's harassing me again. Number 1 - I never got a refund. Number 2 as I told him this place is not any worse than the stuff she sees on other internet platforms or heck the news. Also someone correct me if I'm wrong I didn't see anything in the rules about the age of a poster. This just seems like Jeffrey disagrees with my decisions as a parent.

His concern is that this place doesn't have age appropriate topics for a 12-year-old. I believe, especially since she only posts in PSP, this place is not the cesspool he believes it is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i feel like i missed the first two acts of this angle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

i feel like i missed the first two acts of this angle

I bought my daughter an account, Jeffrey said she needs to stop posting because this place isn't appropriate for 11-year-olds, he said I'd get a refund for the account I bought and the account would be closed. I didn't and it wasn't. A year later she decided to start posting sometimes in the gdt of AEW. Then I get another post telling me this place isn't appropriate and basically wagging a finger at me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

Someone ratted out my daughter to Jeffrey and now he's harassing me again. Number 1 - I never got a refund. Number 2 as I told him this place is not any worse than the stuff she sees on other internet platforms or heck the news. Also someone correct me if I'm wrong I didn't see anything in the rules about the age of a poster. This just seems like Jeffrey disagrees with my decisions as a parent.

His concern is that this place doesn't have age appropriate topics for a 12-year-old. I believe, especially since she only posts in PSP, this place is not the cesspool he believes it is.

Jeffrey active? This can't be true

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think i misread the issue at first. if there's harassment going on from above i'd change the account password or reiterate that she can't post yet or w/e

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 25, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just please don't make a SAD thread about it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
PSP is honestly one of the quieter, most focused subs on this site these days

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just please don't make a SAD thread about it.

I don't even know what that is.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

PSP is honestly one of the quieter, most focused subs on this site these days

The Something Awful Legends thread in PYF is useful for folks like me who don't want to touch the poop but enjoy observing it from a distance

(Fair warning, even going that curated experience route means you're gonna be exposed to some wild poo poo)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

touch some big turdts once in a while

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I am rectangular.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

what now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

above was touching theior genitals when saying that

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The Stroker Ace posted:

Have you seen the Horror in the High Desert movies? The first one is pretty good but the second one is awesome. It made me get up and make sure all the doors were locked.

I’ll check it out! Thanks for the rec.

Just the name makes me think of a different one that came out around when V/H/S was starting up. Southbound, I think.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

New banger on the SoundCloud, thirst traps in my DMs and I’ve finally been reunited with my luggage. Life is good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

It’s honestly healthy to do this

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

watching a scary movie late at night and heard a big real-life clatter in my hallway during a super tense scene. Sounded like plastic falling down.

When I investigated, could find nothing out of place or amiss

Thanks, I hate it!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

ghosts didn’t get me, don’t worry

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I didn't worry because Ghosts aren't real

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Shard posted:

I didn't worry because Ghosts aren't real

said just like a ghost would say

We got ‘em fellas!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Boo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I remember when I did ghost tours and an old Chinese tourist lady started crying when I said there were ghosts

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

In all seriousness I’m not really a ghost guy but every ten months or so something happens and I’m like, “whoa, is there magic?” and two seconds later it was just birds

I do get the awful thing though where when I am really stressed out, I will have these waking dreams where I am actually awake and see shadow people in my room and I’ll sometimes even yell at them

edit: the way I wrote that it sounds like i could just do that at a jiffy lube. I could correct it but I think I'll let you wonder, enjoy!

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 27, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

In all seriousness I’m not really a ghost guy

if you are i'll find out

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I think ghosts are just like memories left over, like recordings of reality that get left behind. But, I lived in Savannah for 5 years and I didn’t see one drat ghost.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's probably just old worries from the past still lingering in the air. all the gohsts keep going uhhhhhhh ooooooooooohhhh i hope i don't jack off!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think ghosts would be cooler if they wore Hawaiian shirts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s a presence in this thread, I can feel it….

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_BT8gYAAA

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I've got poison ivy rashes on my arms and my legs and it's driving me insane

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

What'd you do that for

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We got a puppy and housebreaking is not fun!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

apophenium posted:

I've got poison ivy rashes on my arms and my legs and it's driving me insane

scratch them :evilbuddy:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yall watched The Menu yet? It's so good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah I didn't really get what it was about though

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
My favorite movie of 2022.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I thought it was okay, the chess girl that jape likes was fine in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

yea ok posted:

Yeah I didn't really get what it was about though

Yeah same I see menus every day