Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1684696476453056513

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqlqUk4AwmE

This gently caress needs yeeting out of a window. There's propaganda like Solo or Margarita does but this gently caress screams of Himmler.

Also what in the absolute gently caress is that weather stuff at the end. Fascism dialing right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Toxic Mental posted:

He ain’t workin’

I mean, that is the way you do it...

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

It is called a chopper for a reason…

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoK9Q2C-og&t=96s

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

The_Franz posted:

It is called a chopper for a reason…

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

A million moving parts, all rapidly rotating around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in. And also slowly taxiing towards a streetlight lmao.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

but what....what about america....

*shits self, dies in a gutter in ukraine*

blyat.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

GundamHealer posted:

A million moving parts, all rapidly rotating around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in. And also slowly taxiing towards a streetlight lmao.

Do you see it get hit by lighting?? The pole did its job.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can't stop laughing at that helicopter video, it is moving so slowly and it has so many directions it can go but pilot conscriptovich hit the pole anyway

And then it falls on top of the helicopter

Someone please put the curb your enthusiasm song over that

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GundamHealer posted:

Is this a metaphor for US politics?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

TulliusCicero posted:

He's horribly misquoted, he's not even saying it's the end of history in the book, he's saying that's what leaders in the Neo Liberal order thought was happening.

He calls out the naivete in the Neoliberal world order several times.

I agree that The End of History is often mischaracterized (he doesn't argue that world events will stop happening, but that humanity has an innate yearning for liberal democracy which will be the final political system across the world) but I think you're being far too charitable. His book was basically distilled neoliberal naivete and I remember having a very frustrating reading experience. As an example he discusses the decline of authoritarian regimes in South America yet this man who was one of the most prominent figures in the Reagan and Bush-era Department of State doesn't mention the many forms of support the US gave to many of these governments.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
That book was pure pablum written for the likes of "Third Way" neolibs and that thinking is what led to the Budapest Memorandum. Ukraine was never going to be allowed to keep nuclear weapons but End of History thinking is why nobody took the obligations seriously. "What, a full scale war in modern Europe? That could never happen. Russia will respect Ukrainian sovereignty because neoliberal democracies prevailed over authoritarian dictatorship"

Fukuyama, to his credit, has since renounced that entire mindset and admitted he was wrong, so there's that at least

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 28, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I’m honestly impressed how long it took to cut through the pole

Maybe they should make their tanks out of it

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

I can't stop laughing at that helicopter video, it is moving so slowly and it has so many directions it can go but pilot conscriptovich hit the pole anyway

And then it falls on top of the helicopter

Someone please put the curb your enthusiasm song over that

What's really impressive is there was so far it had to go to get in that position.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Hersh posted another article but his handler really hosed up!

The “anonymous US official” supposed to be briefing Hersh used a russian expression (мальчик в трусиках) that English speakers don’t use lmao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Uh oh, the Bernie Bandit is back, but now they're the Hillary Hooligan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Captain Invictus posted:

i'm trying to fathom the mind that could think this is a topical or clever burn but i'm just not able to

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Goodbye Fiesta Cat, fondly remembered. *sniff*

:byetankie: :utruck:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Captain Invictus posted:

I genuinely have no idea what you are trying to say or who you are trying to target.

HonorableTB posted:

Hersh posted another article but his handler really hosed up!

The “anonymous US official” supposed to be briefing Hersh used a russian expression (мальчик в трусиках) that English speakers don’t use lmao

:laffo:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

tiaz posted:

I genuinely have no idea what you are trying to say or who you are trying to target.

The guy who went nuts and spent a ton of money on buying people weird Bernie Sanders avatars is now buying people weird Hillary avatars.

It's the weirdest attempt at harassment ever

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

that last star war movie would have loving owned if it had Hillary Clinton cackling in a tube about "force diads" or "driads"? the gently caress is a diad.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

The guy who went nuts and spent a ton of money on buying people weird Bernie Sanders avatars is now buying people weird Hillary avatars.

Would have preferred Babylon 5 or Farscape myself (both probably too niche), but driveby Star Wars Hilary it is i guess. :shrug:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Huh.

Okay, then.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol thought my hillary had a swastika on her but looks like a north korean star emblem

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Can a mod give me my ukraine and wild cards tags back pls. Thank you.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Did they really go on a spending spree to get one over on us for the HIMARS smile and potential gang tag?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Coolguye posted:

i'm trying to fathom the mind that could think this is a topical or clever burn but i'm just not able to
the person who bought a shitload of ai bernie sanders avs is buying a bunch of people ai Hillary Clinton avs, literally as I was reading the thread people's avs were changing lol

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
hey toxic mental speaking of gangtags how's our HIMARS tag comin??

:byetankie:

Caedus posted:

Did they really go on a spending spree to get one over on us for the HIMARS smile and potential gang tag?

lmao yeah you could tell how mad they were about the smilie by looking in the leper colony and seeing the "ironic" usage

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

PinheadSlim posted:

Oh! Got it, thank you.

Looking at the recent posters who have hillary avs I'm still kind of bewildered, but okay.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

that last star war movie would have loving owned if it had Hillary Clinton cackling in a tube about "force diads" or "driads"? the gently caress is a diad.

It's a type of nougat which, when chewed, confers greater ability with algebra and other higher mathematics and adjacent subjects such as meths or moths.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao it's happening still, they're converting people as we speak

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

they're actually better done than the Bernie ones, maybe the AI is learning

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Captain Invictus posted:

:yikes:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HonorableTB posted:

hey toxic mental speaking of gangtags how's our HIMARS tag comin??

:byetankie:

lmao yeah you could tell how mad they were about the smilie by looking in the leper colony and seeing the "ironic" usage

We aren't gonna do it en masse as a freebie, but feel free to add it yourself or buy it for people, it's p cute*

*While also being a horrific weapon of targeted annihilation :3:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

sebmojo posted:

We aren't gonna do it en masse as a freebie, but feel free to add it yourself or buy it for people, it's p cute*

*While also being a horrific weapon of targeted annihilation :3:

The big (~160x64) version obviously doesn't pass as a smilie, how can it get added such that it can be referenced in avs without external img links?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Autisanal Cheese posted:

they're actually better done than the Bernie ones, maybe the AI is learning

disagree

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
gangtag active now, have at it fellas

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

gangtag active now, have at it fellas

blessings upon your house TB :cheers:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Captain Invictus posted:

the person who bought a shitload of ai bernie sanders avs is buying a bunch of people ai Hillary Clinton avs, literally as I was reading the thread people's avs were changing lol

yeah i got that, what i can't fathom is loving why. why would you do this. hilary isn't relevant and hasn't been for a drat long while now. if it was AI generated warmonger biden poo poo i could understand. but hilary clinton in a star wars imperial uniform is just. what was going through your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Bonk a vatnik today, join Zelensky's Zealots