Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess the period must have been accidental and it was intended to be "Every time I change the sheets I think I should get one yooge pillow," as in it's a PITA to change five pillow cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I recently got a Sleep8 Pod and if you are a cold sleeper you need one of these things.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
five pillows is too many for just one man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my bed is huge and has a billion pillows and duvets and comforters and sheets and throws. treat yo self and set up a witch bed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

nose and sinuses are fine, just lots of pressure in the left ear

hmmm perhaps it is. drat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

my bed is huge and has a billion pillows and duvets and comforters and sheets and throws. treat yo self and set up a witch bed

being mega cozy is the best fuckin thing

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

We turn our electric blanket sideways so it warms the feet and it's spectacular when you get into the cold-rear end sheets in our freezing bedroom but it's warm down there.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

nudgenudgetilt posted:

nose and sinuses are fine, just lots of pressure in the left ear

Early stage brain worms, you might be able to do something in time.

tk posted:

I recently got a Sleep8 Pod and if you are a cold sleeper you need one of these things.

I'm not sure I want a mattress with a network connection, let alone a paid subscription. I barely want anything with a network connection

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait a _subscription cloud mattress_ it's a nice laid back thursday please do not gently caress with me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

even if you don't do this get good linens at least. and I don't mean 1 billion threadcount modal crap, that's all lies get some quality cotton like egyptian or supima and take good care of it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I go the other direction and run flannel sheets and treat them as 2-3 month consumables. Either way is fine but the takeaway is dont sleep on old dirty sweaty sheets

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

wait a _subscription cloud mattress_ it's a nice laid back thursday please do not gently caress with me

Like sleeping on the a cloud :dadjoke:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
inventing a mattress that vibrates your butt if you pay the $29 a month but if you stop paying it spews a bunch of gross crumbs and weird things from the floor everywhere and you can't get them all swept off ahhhh agggg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

crotch pillow is key

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
as i recover from sciatica i believe i understand the pillow calibrations of others. whatever gets you there homie

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
cold pillows are the best pillows

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Beeftweeter posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

rip stu scott

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

this is the yooge pillow i need

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
seriously that looks so good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

seriously that looks so good

turn on your monitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

this is the yooge pillow i need

I'm.more pregnant than her.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm.more pregnant than her.

at your age?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

at your age?

Heavy at Any Age.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

:yeah:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
leg feeling better today but it was definitely from accidentally side sleeping

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

i have one of these there is no subscription, you just buy the mattress. it is app controlled and network connected but you just pay for the mattress.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i hate it when i need to reboot my mattress for forced security updates

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

I guess I get the internet of things idea but uhh why does your mattress need an app and network connection?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

bssoil posted:

I guess I get the internet of things idea but uhh why does your mattress need an app and network connection?

I think because it’s cheaper to make an app than a remote.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my mattress needs an app so it knows what time it should start springing me off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
decided to quit the dulaglutide

being nauseous 6/7 days a week is awful and I definitely don’t drink enough liquid with it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bssoil posted:

it doesnt, but it is the best system, as far as i know, for heating and cooling the sides of the bed independently. we keep the central air thermostat about 5° warmer at night now, and no more arguing over temps or being a blanket hog because my side is always below ambient and her side is always a few above.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

warmer at night wtf????

night should be cold!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Carthag Tuek posted:

warmer at night wtf????

night should be cold!

have u heard of the desert op

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart simpson posted:

have u heard of the desert op

deserts can be cold too

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

even during the day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

it doesnt, but it is the best system, as far as i know, for heating and cooling the sides of the bed independently. we keep the central air thermostat about 5° warmer at night now, and no more arguing over temps or being a blanket hog because my side is always below ambient and her side is always a few above.
boy do I ever miss being able to change the ambient temperature with a thermostat