Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Is it coming home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Terminally Bored posted:

Is it coming home?

its never not coming home

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lionesses/status/1684822617348313088?s=20

https://twitter.com/dbulandshold/status/1684825162913652737?s=20

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
2 bad anthems

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I'm here to see Rikke Marie run around the pitch like crazy and Janni score an insane goal. That's all I want.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Posting live from the stadium, let’s go poms

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Also:
https://twitter.com/Kvinnefotball1/status/1319585529965563909?s=20

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

'mon the lionesses

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
thatll loving do

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I think James might be good.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Phwoar

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Brilliant strike.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Phwoar!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

What a hit

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I will find it both funny and sad if Denmark suffers a drubbing by the perfidious English.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

SPIN RATE

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
2.5rps spin rate on the goal phwoarrr

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

That was a sweet move.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

That turn by Rikke is class.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Looks like Walsh is out.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

RIP Walsh

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Bino-guy rules.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Quick half. Shame about Walsh probably being out for the rest of the tournament with what looks like an ACL injury. And also that I've seen enough of them by now to know how they look. Denmark looks way better than what I feared after the first 10ish minutes of play, and the Vålerenga combo is still real with Madsen and Janni continuing to find each other.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Always sad to see a player get that badly hurt, especially early in a tournament. I hope the recovery isn’t too difficult.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Pretty great half imo, Denmark looked a bit shell shocked at first but grew into it.

How bad did that injury look? Figured it was serious because she waved at the bench immediately, but they never showed a replay on the big screens

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

webmeister posted:

Pretty great half imo, Denmark looked a bit shell shocked at first but grew into it.

How bad did that injury look? Figured it was serious because she waved at the bench immediately, but they never showed a replay on the big screens

Looked pretty serious unfortunately, she knew she was out immediately.

https://twitter.com/ameeruszkai/status/1684853313454428162?s=20

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it doesnt matter what an injury looks like, when a professional athlete drops to the floor, does not move, and immediately looks to the bench for help in silence, thats an absolute top tier game over

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
this has been a rough tournament for injuries so far

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whypick1 posted:

The soccer gods cannot abide a fully healthy women's team.

Still true it seems

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

<---- #1 Janni Thomsen fan.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It's because our periods make our bodies unstable, resulting in knee injuries.

No seriously this is an actual thing people have claimed, women just get hurt more because of periods.

quote:

Dr Katrine Okholm Kryger is a senior lecturer in sports rehabilitation at St Mary’s University in Twickenham, London. She said many observations around ACL injuries among female players are often centered around “nature and nurture.” Nature, in this case, refers to the anatomy and biomechanics of women. Kryger thought too much blame had been placed on this factor.

“A common argument is that women’s menstrual cycle leads to fluctuating hormones, which makes them more physically unstable when playing,” Kryger said. “But research shows that there may be a slightly higher risk of injury during the ovulation period but that risk is really very minor.

“Also, if you’re on any hormonal contraception, that risk should be leveled out and many women players are on hormonal contraception, so it’s difficult to imagine that the menstrual cycle factor is the driving cause behind ACL injuries.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/sport/womens-world-cup-acl-injury-spt-intl/index.html

Imagine being a doctor and having to rebut 'their periods are causing knee injuries".

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Can they read Danish though?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tuned in just in time to see that bit of friendly fire. Fun

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think Denmark will have really wanted that header to go in

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gently caress it, we’ll arsenal it the whole way

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Good job to England, hope Walsh's recovery will be swift.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 28, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Fun match that, England really should’ve scored 2-3 in the first half to put the game to bed. Felt like they were clinging on by the end there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
putting your best player on the bench seems to be the trend of this world cup