Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

haha that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

what happened to mussolini

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
but at what cost?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/lnachman32/status/1684514925421686784

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
God drat I love hotpot

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its a good thing dunkin destroyed american doughnut manufacturing so now china are the real innovators of sweets and treats

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Al-Saqr posted:

its a good thing dunkin destroyed american doughnut manufacturing so now china are the real innovators of sweets and treats

ive seen dunkin try to open up in shenzhen 3 different times and it never lasts more than a year

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

jealousy

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

fart simpson posted:

ive seen dunkin try to open up in shenzhen 3 different times and it never lasts more than a year

China's own pastry chain brands are just as unhealthy as Dunkin but more tailor to the Chinese preference.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Anyone have access to this article?

https://compactmag.com/article/the-coming-war-with-china

quote:

The Coming War With China
Malcom Kyeyune

In three short years, the world has witnessed the worldwide Covid lockdowns, America’s dismal retreat from Afghanistan, and the return of land war to Europe. But there are reasons to believe the dramatic events the 2020s have offered thus far might be only the beginning. If you follow the chatter of Beltway mandarins, an ominous change has taken place over the past year when it comes to China. A decade ago, the Middle Kingdom was a distant concern; five years later, it was viewed as silly and uncouth of Donald Trump to rail constantly against Beijing.

But in 2023, all that has changed drastically: There is now open talk in Washington about a potential war with China, and soon. To take just one example: In a conversation hosted earlier this year by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Reps. Mike Waltz (R-Fla.) and Jason Crow (D-Colo.) spoke as if a war with China is highly probable, even guaranteed. Crow went so far as to suggest that the United States abolish any caps on how many of its military personnel in uniform are permitted to work on Taiwan as instructors, war planners, and military attaché. Such a move—which itself would move the United States and China closer to war—is warranted, according to Crow, because “the cat is out of the bag,” and “it’s very clear we’ve chosen sides.”

In the brewing conflict between Washington and Beijing, all eyes are on Taiwan, but the truth is the island itself doesn’t matter as much in itself as many believe, nor does the threat of Chinese control of its crucial semiconductor sector. After all, China already dominates a massive list of inputs that America needs (rare earths and metals, ordinary metals, electronics, pharmaceutics, machine tools, telecom equipment, and much...

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

https://archive.ph/R980P

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
demon cracker nation suddenly discovers that being a massive dick on the international stage has consequences, immediately falls back on warmongering

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:tipshat:

Edit: Wait no that doesnt work

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hm yeah, you're right

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

lmfao thats tinkzorg

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-president-emmanuel-macron-condemn-new-imperialisms-pacific-china-influence/

Macron is mad that france got kicked out of Mali and is going to be kicked out of Niger. Is now complaining about china in the pacific. Old imperialism is good, new "imperialism" is bad!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

France should get the memo England got and just focus on imploding into itself in a cyclone of misery

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

France should get the memo England got and just focus on imploding into itself in a cyclone of misery

oh don't worry it's happening too

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

incredible things continue to unfold in china

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

New international community survey dropped:
https://twitter.com/pewglobal/status/1684564534214934528

The international community:

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Extremely agitating seeing some of the main players in the rabid anti-china game posting those polls like "ah see I told you China bad"

Like yeah you did lol you devoted your entire career to saying that hence the unhinged sinophobia and the huge loving war we're about to have thanks

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Danann posted:

New international community survey dropped:
https://twitter.com/pewglobal/status/1684564534214934528

The international community:

I’ve seen this one before

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
hmm why is the score for Indonesia so low, every westerner assures me China is totally isolated in Southeast Asia because all its neighbours fear its expansionism.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its always the same countries sharing the same coloring in every map of the world why even publish

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

wynott dunn posted:

I’ve seen this one before

looks like a Pandemic Preparedness map from 2019 lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mila kunis posted:

lmfao thats tinkzorg

Lmfao

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Yap Sweden highest, no surprise.

Look they throw in some random global south countries.

It's the AlwaysTheSameMap + India

Edit, no wait Australia is the highest lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow i cant believe the whites are the worst most insane people yet again!!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I can't believe Australia has a strongly negative opinion of their biggest trade partner

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

wow, twenty four countries! how many are there again?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Slavvy posted:

I can't believe Australia has a strongly negative opinion of their biggest trade partner

this is the power of Australian racism.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Slavvy posted:

There's a whole genre of comedy about this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DiscountDildos posted:

Extremely agitating seeing some of the main players in the rabid anti-china game posting those polls like "ah see I told you China bad"

Like yeah you did lol you devoted your entire career to saying that hence the unhinged sinophobia and the huge loving war we're about to have thanks

recent NATO conference was wild for stuff like this

half the participants wanted to start a war with China and Russia at the same time. the other half wanted to start a war with Russia then start a war with China

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Australia is somewhat totalitarian. People know better than to speak up against the political ruling class.

So consider that more what is acceptable for a certain group to say publicly.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

bedpan posted:

recent NATO conference was wild for stuff like this

half the participants wanted to start a war with China and Russia at the same time. the other half wanted to start a war with Russia then start a war with China

You joke but that's the two main factions fighting within US foreign policies.

Or "two schools of thoughts."

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

stephenthinkpad posted:

the two schools of how to make "run out of ammo" projection jokes

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

yep

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

stephenthinkpad posted:

it's kind of just different departments in the same school

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

DancingShade posted:

Australia is somewhat totalitarian. People know better than to speak up against the political ruling class.

So consider that more what is acceptable for a certain group to say publicly.

Well countries like Sweden and Lithuania have zero military projection capability to reach Taiwan so they can dial up their hate all day long. Australia too but they have some resource exports that can be sanctioned by China. It's a country like Japan that needs to be careful with fanning their domestic populist hate irresponsibly, they actually have vast business investment in China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well countries like Sweden and Lithuania have zero military projection capability to reach Taiwan so they can dial up their hate all day long. Australia too but they have some resource exports that can be sanctioned by China. It's a country like Japan that needs to be careful with fanning their domestic populist hate irresponsibly, they actually have vast business investment in China.

Believe nothing you hear and half you see.