Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Go bloos! :toot:

Up the loving 'baggers

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
hey friends happy friday

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Flaggers

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

drunkill posted:

Go bloos! :toot:

Up the loving 'baggers

gabensraum posted:

hey friends happy friday

:hmmyes:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Footy media is gonna go loving berserk

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The dream of kicking Port out of the 8 remains alive.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chairchucker posted:

The dream of kicking Port out of the 8 remains alive.

:pray:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
More and more people are saying it...

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Lmao

https://twitter.com/BenCameron23/status/1684905717634056192?s=20

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Testekill posted:

Ziebell has announced that he's retiring at the end of the year, I wonder who he'll belt within the last 5 games of his career?

They've got the bombers in the couple of weeks, so probably one of those kids with cancer that run through the banner with Dyson Heppell

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That's gotta be time for Brucey. I suspect that's another ACL

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol I sniff a board of upsets (except for gold coast)

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Fuckin heave ho boys

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
GWS will move to 5th if they can hang on for a win lol

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Freo and GWS have saved Port

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Big big sound

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It is reverse round, debating a late change to my tips

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crom.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Left it too little too late against the Swans. Great comeback but shouldn't have put ourselves in that position to begin with, that'll be season done.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Port confirmed frauds

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hinkley to Suns, Dimma back "home" to Port?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

lol I sniff a board of upsets (except for gold coast)

I stand corrected
Tex not far behind Charlie either

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 29, 2023

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/davidzita1/status/1685243768700878848?s=46&t=to1OGGVr4O8v9X1EPfimNw

Port have to be in serious strife for this, they sent Allir back on 6 minutes later and he was out for the count mid air

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NTRabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/davidzita1/status/1685243768700878848?s=46&t=to1OGGVr4O8v9X1EPfimNw

Port have to be in serious strife for this, they sent Allir back on 6 minutes later and he was out for the count mid air

People get up in arms about the AFL having their own Dr at each game, as it appears to be questioning the integrity of club Dr’s, but having a second opinion surely is a good thing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Port Adelaide doctor actually needs to lose his job.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Port opting to not even test Aliir is a genuine disgrace. That's the kind of thing could get their club sued out of existence.

Meanwhile Jones was subbed out but definitely not due to concussion, just a "migraine", so he's definitely okay to play next week :rolleyes:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

…Hawks? :effort:

Sainterssss

[Edit] looks like there was a gridiron game of some kind at Marvel, can still see the field markings fairly clearly.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 30, 2023

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

harperdc posted:

…Hawks? :effort:

Sainterssss

[Edit] looks like there was a gridiron game of some kind at Marvel, can still see the field markings fairly clearly.

rugby friday night, rugby last night at the mcg, soccer last weekend at marvel too

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eagles are up and about

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Port opting to not even test Aliir is a genuine disgrace. That's the kind of thing could get their club sued out of existence.

Meanwhile Jones was subbed out but definitely not due to concussion, just a "migraine", so he's definitely okay to play next week :rolleyes:

Now the investigation is happening Port are changing their testimony. So the HIA part, which they now claim did happen after saying last night it didn't, is just the bit where the doc views the footage and decides whether or not the actual SCAT5 concussion test is needed - despite Allir very clearly meeting 3 of the criteria, when all it takes is 1 to force a test, Port's doctor decided he didn't need it, likely because Ken didn't want both off at once, and now neither of them have concussion so they can play again next week.

https://twitter.com/DavidZita1/status/1685540852003729408

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 30, 2023

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Carn Dees

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Now the investigation is happening Port are changing their testimony. So the HIA part, which they now claim did happen after saying last night it didn't, is just the bit where the doc views the footage and decides whether or not the actual SCAT5 concussion test is needed - despite Allir very clearly meeting 3 of the criteria, when all it takes is 1 to force a test, Port's doctor decided he didn't need it, likely because Ken didn't want both off at once, and now neither of them have concussion so they can play again next week.

Naturally, changing your story as soon as questioned is what everyone does when they acted above board and have nothing to hide.

If that incident doesn't result in the HIA progressing to a SCAT5 test or whatever it is, then what is even the point of the HIA? That is as clear cut a concussion as you will see, for both players.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eat all the bags of dicks Damian Barrett, I expect to see a scathing review of your team and that 3rd quarter, dickface.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Dees and Saints were the only favourites to actually win this round, although the Dons Swans game was fairly even odds

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think I saw at least one place have the Eagles as favourites, which was mystifying but apparently correct.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I was listening to a podcast with a concussion expert recently, and one of his biggest points was that it's never too early (or too late) to treat concussion. If you suffer a concussion in sport their research suggests that every minute you continue to play afterwards can literally add days to your recovery time.

The current 12 day protocol actually should be completely fine when the rules are followed and players are immediately pulled from the game.

It's the latest episode of the Peter Attia podcast if anyone interested.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apparently Buddy is retiring.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Effective immediately. Calf injury. What a way to end a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://youtu.be/KFNjkjOdJ68