Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://youtu.be/YttscNOoAjA

Shes gonna make an explosion, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Horrorosaurus posted:

Jeffrie of Holodomor

Unfair but also lol

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Tai posted:

Welcome to American threads thinking this thread is a majority American thread.

It's pretty funny how even Americans who hate America can't help being extremely American in their worldview.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Bold of you to assume Bill likes Hillary

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Philonius posted:

It's pretty funny how even Americans who hate America can't help being extremely American in their worldview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7JRvwfHFwo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm with Hermars :byetankie:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Philonius posted:

That's the funniest thing to me about them:

They talk about a Multi polar world then can't stop infantalizing every other nation on Earth as who can stop the Evil Empire but us?!

American Man's Burden garbage

Burns
May 10, 2008

Someone should reciprocate with some nice Zelensky avatars

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

:lol: :shillary:

:byetankie:

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm with Hermars :byetankie:

lol this

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Burns posted:

Someone should reciprocate with some nice Zelensky avatars

I'd rather the money was spent on something meaningful, like donating to Ukraine to buy more HIMARS.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

HRC is the bomb

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pokemon Go back To Russia

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
The Gaddafi thing enraging the tankies is extra funny because if the EU hadn't intervened in the already ongoing civil war the same idiots would be screaming about how the depraved and decadent west was ignoring the suffering of the global south how can they be so racist blah blah blah. America does thing, America bad. America does nothing, America bad. I stubbed my toe, America bad.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

I've long suspected that Hersh gets his information from a small group of former US intelligence types (Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity), and their various associates, some of whom have been compromised by Russian intelligence (whether the realise it or not) and pass on information and contacts to Hersh for his reporting. This piece from 2018 writing about Hersh's reporting on chemical attacks in Syria gives some details of that:

this was an interesting read, thanks.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

That's the funniest thing to me about them:

They talk about a Multi polar world then can't stop infantalizing every other nation on Earth as who can stop the Evil Empire but us?!

American Man's Burden garbage

Don't forget that ever so slight condescending tone of believing that you are a bit more intelligent than the person you are talking/posting to. When pointed out, you chose to double down and die on that hill refusing to believe other wise.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

I'd rather the money was spent on something meaningful, like donating to Ukraine to buy more HIMARS.

Can we do a donation drive to a Ukrainian charity get it? Admins said they weren't giving them out but this would be a charitable act getting a tag, not a freebie. And they didn't say we COULDN'T..

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Still lmaoing at that Hersh piece

"Hello, cyka blyat,.tovarich, it is me CIA agent Jack Johnson. I have very secret information to reveal."

:hmmyes:: Hmm, seems plausible. Pipe it directly through Siri to my substack. I don't even want to read it before

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"As we Americans say, this story is so crazy it's like a Novgorod cobbler trying to sell shoes in Arkhangelsk, hahaha"

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

Gun Saliva
The Hillary avatars have the same problem as a lot of Chinese propaganda where just like showing hellcarriers piloted by robot gods it accidentally makes your opponent look way cooler than you intended.

Libya is an absolute mess, and certainly if there was an overall plan it quickly got dropped in favor of just more bombs, but if there was no intervention they'd just decry the horrible perfidious west doing nothing while Misrata got (even more) levelled

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure where on twitter I saw it but on one of the pro rus channels, I saw a tankie blaming NATO for Boko Haram and the next paragraph justifying the grain strikes as legitimate. There is very little point in trying to talk to a tankie let along understanding one.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I like the Hilary avatars. It's finally her turn.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

steinrokkan posted:

"As we Americans say, this story is so crazy it's like a Novgorod cobbler trying to sell shoes in Arkhangelsk, hahaha"

In perfect American: My dog has no nose…

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ah yes, now it makes sense looking back it's probably the nuanced view that Libya wasn't 100% a fault of America that probably set our trust funder off.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

future ghost posted:

The Hillary avatars have the same problem as a lot of Chinese propaganda where just like showing hellcarriers piloted by robot gods it accidentally makes your opponent look way cooler than you intended.

Libya is an absolute mess, and certainly if there was an overall plan it quickly got dropped in favor of just more bombs, but if there was no intervention they'd just decry the horrible perfidious west doing nothing while Misrata got (even more) levelled

I'm increasingly starting to think that the people whose suffering they are using to justify their political positions and arguments don't actually matter to them, except in how they can be instrumentalised as a weapon to support their posting arguments. See the erasure of Ukrainian or African agency, etc

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ah yes, now it makes sense looking back it's probably the nuanced view that Libya wasn't 100% a fault of America that probably set our trust funder off.

Whatever you say Hillary

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tai posted:

I saw a tankie blaming NATO for Boko Haram

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Well at least I got the sassy hand on hip

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Lol, I got Hilldawged

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

For a second there I thought you were outing yourself with the "of course I know him, he's me." Clip.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Big lol that they're triggered over Libya. Now we figured it out. Yeah sorry uh Libya's government and internal power structures were designed intentionally with insulating Gaddafi and keeping him in power, with a power vacuum decimating the country. As is exactly what happened.

I'm happy to criticize America's role in just doing a lot of bombing and inflaming the situation, and strongly entertain the idea that simply letting Gaddafi continue his poo poo reign would have been the better option in terms of less human suffering. But agency exists, sorry. Gaddafi and his minions are primarily responsible for what happened inside of their own country.

And I hope what happened to Gaddafi is exactly what happens to Vladamir Putin. If you're vicious enough to commit genocide you should be ready for a potentially violent end as well.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ikasuhito posted:

For a second there I thought you were outing yourself with the "of course I know him, he's me." Clip.

I'm the ultra deep cover tankie agent and I haven't received my activation signal yet (or my fish bricks what the hell putin!)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hilarious

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

They're still going at it :byetankie:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They should rename it "Lib"YAAAAAAAASSSSSsssss

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Big lol that they're triggered over Libya. Now we figured it out. Yeah sorry uh Libya's government and internal power structures were designed intentionally with insulating Gaddafi and keeping him in power, with a power vacuum decimating the country. As is exactly what happened.

I'm happy to criticize America's role in just doing a lot of bombing and inflaming the situation, and strongly entertain the idea that simply letting Gaddafi continue his poo poo reign would have been the better option in terms of less human suffering. But agency exists, sorry. Gaddafi and his minions are primarily responsible for what happened inside of their own country.

And I hope what happened to Gaddafi is exactly what happens to Vladamir Putin. If you're vicious enough to commit genocide you should be ready for a potentially violent end as well.

Dogs will sometimes eat poo poo.

Putin owns dogs.

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo…

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Lol, I got Hilldawged

:hfive:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix